+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA - WES vs IQAS

Hassanawan1985

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arti147 said:
Is somebody who did WES and can help with that?

I want to send my documents to WES asap.

Thank you!
I sent my documents to WES for ECA.

Download degree request form and fill the first half of the form (2nd half is for office use only, uni,clg etc but dont forget to write WES reference number)

Pay university fee if any and submit your documents to university/ college along with WES degree request form and ask them for attested
documents sealed in university envelope or to send directly to WES. Its better if you consult your university or college for their requirements.

WES also require Secondary & intermediate documents so check with your institute/board for their request process.

Don't forget to attach WES degree request form( write WES ref number on each form) with your attestation request.

ASHMAL

Apr 19, 2017
HI, All,

Should we take coloured photocopies for transcript attestation (for WES) or black and white copies will suffice?

Hassanawan1985

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No need to take colored photocopies, Black & white will work but those should be readable.

arti147

Nov 29, 2016
Now it is clear for me! Hopefully it helped other people as well.

I will do all steps you suggested.

Thank you so much!

Hassanawan1985 said:
I sent my documents to WES for ECA.

Download degree request form and fill the first half of the form (2nd half is for office use only, uni,clg etc but dont forget to write WES reference number)

Pay university fee if any and submit your documents to university/ college along with WES degree request form and ask them for attested
documents sealed in university envelope or to send directly to WES. Its better if you consult your university or college for their requirements.

WES also require Secondary & intermediate documents so check with your institute/board for their request process.

Don't forget to attach WES degree request form( write WES ref number on each form) with your attestation request.

Lilix

Apr 2, 2013
arti147 said:
Hey Guys,

I am going to start with ECA very soon. Could you tell me about your last experiences with WES and IQAS?

1. What is the proccessing time?
2. Which one is simplier to apply (less documents etc.)?

I live in Alberta (Edmonton), but not sure which way I should choose. I will be very appreciate for your help!

Thanks!

Hi! As I also live in Alberta, I sent to IQAS, as they are located in Edmonton, I even dropped in person my application (actually dropped it into their mail box - no person to receive it directly). After they had received all my documents, they took between 14 business days to complete it.

I would recommend them, they actually only failed by sending my report to my old address (the one I originally filled my application with). I had contacted them to tell in advance about the changing in my address, as I had moved, and they still did not pay attention to that and sent to the wrong address anyways. After waiting few days and not receiving my report, I contacted them explaining that they probably sent it to my old address, and they checked on their file and noticed their mistake and resent me another report right away, I was able to get it 2 days later then.

As people are saying you would need your secondary education documents if using WES, then I think you should really try IQAS. I only sent them my post-secondary education documents (dental degree, masters and specialization), with that in mind, you would save some money, as you would not only have to pay (usually) for your past high school to provide such documents, but you would also have to pay for translations of those documents. So the less documents you need to send, the better, particularly when they originally are not in English.

Hope it helps you! Good luck!

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Lilix said:
I did WES, but I did not need secondary school documents. Mine was a 4 years college degree which is equal a Canadian bachelor`s university degree. Probably it depends on the schools.

Hi! As I also live in Alberta, I sent to IQAS, as they are located in Edmonton, I even dropped in person my application (actually dropped it into their mail box - no person to receive it directly). After they had received all my documents, they took between 14 business days to complete it.

I would recommend them, they actually only failed by sending my report to my old address (the one I originally filled my application with). I had contacted them to tell in advance about the changing in my address, as I had moved, and they still did not pay attention to that and sent to the wrong address anyways. After waiting few days and not receiving my report, I contacted them explaining that they probably sent it to my old address, and they checked on their file and noticed their mistake and resent me another report right away, I was able to get it 2 days later then.

As people are saying you would need your secondary education documents if using WES, then I think you should really try IQAS. I only sent them my post-secondary education documents (dental degree, masters and specialization), with that in mind, you would save some money, as you would not only have to pay (usually) for your past high school to provide such documents, but you would also have to pay for translations of those documents. So the less documents you need to send, the better, particularly when they originally are not in English.

Hope it helps you! Good luck!

SimpleMac

Nov 22, 2016
Hi All,

I did my degree evaluation from ICAS in 2015, it took more than 6 months. Is they ECA processing faster these days?

thegh0sts

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
SimpleMac said:
Hi All,

I did my degree evaluation from ICAS in 2015, it took more than 6 months. Is they ECA processing faster these days?
I did my ECA with the University of Toronto. They offer a 5-day "rush" service which is like an extra $500 CAD on top of the $190.

I think there's another provider that also does a rush service but not sure.

SimpleMac

Nov 22, 2016
thegh0sts said:
I did my ECA with the University of Toronto. They offer a 5-day "rush" service which is like an extra $500 CAD on top of the $190.

I think there's another provider that also does a rush service but not sure.
Thanks thegh0sts !!

Apr 18, 2017
I originally sent my documents to WES, and my university also replied shortly with a copy of my academic transcript. Three months later, my status remained to be "waiting for verification from institution", although I had been assured by an acquaintance working in my university that a confirmation email to WES had been sent weeks ago. In the end, I had to ask for a refund (minus the non-refundable $50).

Apr 6, 2017
Hello Everyone!

I am in process of ECA from IQAS,
I sent my documents BDS (Bachelor of Dental Sugrery), sealed signed and stamped, But i also sent Intermediate certificate.
I got documents acknowledgment email yesterday and informed that your application is in line.
Today i received email
''Dear Mr.,

Please note that we are still waiting for your academic documents from the Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education. Let IQAS know if we will proceed with the assessment without it. Thank you''

i didn't forward HSSC enveloped copy as people suggested its not needed.
Should i proceed without it as mentioned in email?? would if affect any points on my CIC application?
Your help is appreciated

Thanks