+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA WES Procedure Mumbai University

rhy2014

Sep 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gandhinish said:
I need experts and all the people who have knowledge or any information about ECA process. Whilst I do have some queries, I will also write here for whatever knowledge I have gathered so far for ECA process for Mumbai University. I am trying for FSW under 2174

To give my educational background, I have done Bachelors of Engineering, Computer Engineering from Mumbai University (Smt Indira Gandhi College of Engineering).
I joined this course directly as lateral entry, into 2nd Year because I had completed Diploma in Industrial Electronics from Fr. Agnel Polytechnic affiliated by Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education.

Duration B.E - 3 years (Direct 2nd year entry due to diploma)
Duration Diploma - 4 Years (Semester Sandwich pattern which included 5th and 8th Semester as Internship / Industrial Experience)
Before Diploma, I had completed the Std 10th or SSC or Secondary School Certificate from MSBHSE ( Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education)

So in all 10+4+3 = 17 years of education.

Now that I have said my educational background, I need to know the ECA process for each of the credentials I have earned. Please let me know whether the info I have accrued is Correct or incorrect and add to this any additional details that you might feel for.

1. Mumbai University for BE Computer Engineering (Churchgate, Vidyarthi Vidyapeeth Bhavan, nxt to Sydhenam College) told me that I need to get the transcripts from the college from where I studied i.e. Smt Indira Gandhi College of Engineering. They (MU) will then attest the transcripts and sign it and seal it in the envelope. This envelope will also include the application letter that WES (World Education Services) has requested for as per the required documents section( in their site for India Maharashtra).This signed and sealed envelop will be then handed over to me to courier it to WES.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF MY POINT NUMBER 1 IS CORRECT IN MY UNDERSTANDINGS. (sorry for caps)

2. Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) is controller of the examinations for Diploma courses, (situated at Kherwadi Bandra). This told me that they have 2 things for me to choose:
a) Transcripts : Which is package of a letter and syllabus of the entire course I took whilst I was studying Diploma. Letter consist of info like "So and So person from So and So college/polytechnic affiliated by MSBTE had successfully completed Diploma in so and so field and secured X class (1st 2nd or distinction etc..) with Y marks out of Z. The course subjects and syllabus is mentioned from next page onward." And from Next page its bundle of pages of syllabus of all 8 Semesters. PLEASE NOTE SEMESTER WISE and SUBJECT WISE marks are not there in this package. They also said that they will sign and seal this envelope and I can include WES application letter here in this envelope.
b) Authenticity: In this, they will attest each photocopy of mark sheet per semester and attach a Letter. This letter is Authentication Letter that my mark sheets are genuine and true copy something like that...
PLEASE NOTE THIS INCLUDES SEMESTER WISE MARKS against ALL THE SUBJECTS STUDIED BUT THIS IS NOT CALLED TRANSCRIPT.

ITS CALLED AUTHENTICATION. They also said that they will sign and seal this inside envelope and if I were to include WES application letter here in this envelope, then I will have to go to college and get my photograph & college stamp in the application letter that WES has told us. Only then WES applciation letter will be encapsulated inside Envelope)

PLEASE SOMEONE CLEAR MY DOUBT HERE FOR POINT NO 2 WHETHER I NEED TRANSCRIPT OR AUTHENTICATION (sorry for caps)

3. I am yet to inquire about the process at SSC controller for my Secondary school certificate. I think this is at Navimumbai location

Thanks you for all the patience to read such a long story.
Thank you Gandhinish for starting this thread. I submitted my documents yesterday to Mumbai University at Churchgate. Although, I would like to add some more info to this thread.
1. WES applications will only get 1 set of attested documents and please carry an extra green envelope with you.
2. They charge at Rs. 5.00 per page for the attestation + Rs. 5.00 (For example, I had 10 documents and therefore I was charged (10*5)+5=Rs. 55.00)

sdosanjh

Sep 13, 2014
Guys what is the procedure get reports from Bangalore University.
where to go, whom to contact and fee.
pls help

acdmello

Oct 7, 2014
gandhinish said:
I need experts and all the people who have knowledge or any information about ECA process. Whilst I do have some queries, I will also write here for whatever knowledge I have gathered so far for ECA process for Mumbai University. I am trying for FSW under 2174

To give my educational background, I have done Bachelors of Engineering, Computer Engineering from Mumbai University (Smt Indira Gandhi College of Engineering).
I joined this course directly as lateral entry, into 2nd Year because I had completed Diploma in Industrial Electronics from Fr. Agnel Polytechnic affiliated by Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education.

Duration B.E - 3 years (Direct 2nd year entry due to diploma)
Duration Diploma - 4 Years (Semester Sandwich pattern which included 5th and 8th Semester as Internship / Industrial Experience)
Before Diploma, I had completed the Std 10th or SSC or Secondary School Certificate from MSBHSE ( Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education)

So in all 10+4+3 = 17 years of education.

Now that I have said my educational background, I need to know the ECA process for each of the credentials I have earned. Please let me know whether the info I have accrued is Correct or incorrect and add to this any additional details that you might feel for.

1. Mumbai University for BE Computer Engineering (Churchgate, Vidyarthi Vidyapeeth Bhavan, nxt to Sydhenam College) told me that I need to get the transcripts from the college from where I studied i.e. Smt Indira Gandhi College of Engineering. They (MU) will then attest the transcripts and sign it and seal it in the envelope. This envelope will also include the application letter that WES (World Education Services) has requested for as per the required documents section( in their site for India Maharashtra).This signed and sealed envelop will be then handed over to me to courier it to WES.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF MY POINT NUMBER 1 IS CORRECT IN MY UNDERSTANDINGS. (sorry for caps)

2. Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) is controller of the examinations for Diploma courses, (situated at Kherwadi Bandra). This told me that they have 2 things for me to choose:
a) Transcripts : Which is package of a letter and syllabus of the entire course I took whilst I was studying Diploma. Letter consist of info like "So and So person from So and So college/polytechnic affiliated by MSBTE had successfully completed Diploma in so and so field and secured X class (1st 2nd or distinction etc..) with Y marks out of Z. The course subjects and syllabus is mentioned from next page onward." And from Next page its bundle of pages of syllabus of all 8 Semesters. PLEASE NOTE SEMESTER WISE and SUBJECT WISE marks are not there in this package. They also said that they will sign and seal this envelope and I can include WES application letter here in this envelope.
b) Authenticity: In this, they will attest each photocopy of mark sheet per semester and attach a Letter. This letter is Authentication Letter that my mark sheets are genuine and true copy something like that...
PLEASE NOTE THIS INCLUDES SEMESTER WISE MARKS against ALL THE SUBJECTS STUDIED BUT THIS IS NOT CALLED TRANSCRIPT.

ITS CALLED AUTHENTICATION. They also said that they will sign and seal this inside envelope and if I were to include WES application letter here in this envelope, then I will have to go to college and get my photograph & college stamp in the application letter that WES has told us. Only then WES applciation letter will be encapsulated inside Envelope)

PLEASE SOMEONE CLEAR MY DOUBT HERE FOR POINT NO 2 WHETHER I NEED TRANSCRIPT OR AUTHENTICATION (sorry for caps)

3. I am yet to inquire about the process at SSC controller for my Secondary school certificate. I think this is at Navimumbai location

Thanks you for all the patience to read such a long story.
Thanks a Lot for such a detailed review for WES.

However I request you to please answer just 1 question.

I have done Diploma from MSBTE. I need to know the process of having the diploma documents to be submitted to WES.
Also note that I already have diploma transcripts taken from Kherwadi, Bandra. I just want to know what else do I need to do?
As said in your post, Do I need to do Authentication and take Transcripts as well?

Thanks in advance.

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
I am an engineer from the Mumbai University. I need to get my academic credentials assessed by WES.

1) Do I need to get all the marksheets attested? (8 semesters)
2) Is it necessary to attach the Academic Records Request Form
3) I am in Canada and all my documents are with me. Can my family get the photocopies attested? (are originals required for verification)?

Hari412

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2014
AOR Received.
27-01-2015
IELTS Request
submitted
File Transfer...
12-02-2015
Med's Request
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
1-4-2015, Third Line 11-4-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2015
LANDED..........
17-07-2015
Hi erable_rouge!

I am also an engineer from MU passed out in 2008. They will need to see originals as in my case as well. I sent my originals to India last month as I am in US and had all originals with me...

1 - Check with your college and if they can just attest the copies of your marksheets without looking at originals then go for it or else you will have to send your originals.
2 - I had attached the request form and would also suggest you to do so. The people at Churchgate would fill the second half for it or atleast sign on it..This can be then sent along with your transcripts to WES....
3 - As mentioned, check if your college can attest your docs without originals but I would recommend to send originals if you do not want to waste your time...

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
Hari412 said:
Hi erable_rouge!

I am also an engineer from MU passed out in 2008. They will need to see originals as in my case as well. I sent my originals to India last month as I am in US and had all originals with me...

1 - Check with your college and if they can just attest the copies of your marksheets without looking at originals then go for it or else you will have to send your originals.
2 - I had attached the request form and would also suggest you to do so. The people at Churchgate would fill the second half for it or atleast sign on it..This can be then sent along with your transcripts to WES....
3 - As mentioned, check if your college can attest your docs without originals but I would recommend to send originals if you do not want to waste your time...
Thank you Hari412, I'm sorry did not get the point, '...college can attest your docs..."; Isn't it that WES needs attestation done only by Mumbai University?

Hari412

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2014
AOR Received.
27-01-2015
IELTS Request
submitted
File Transfer...
12-02-2015
Med's Request
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
1-4-2015, Third Line 11-4-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2015
LANDED..........
17-07-2015
Below is an outline of the process that my family went through in India...May be this will help you to better understand the process...

1 - Get attested transcripts in sealed envelope from your college. They might ask for originals (mine asked for it).

2 - Once you get these, go to Vidyarthi Vidyapeeth near Sydenham College, Chruchgate.

3 - They will open the sealed envelope and pt the transcripts in sealed envelope and stamp it. They might ask for original marksheets as well.

Let me know if you still have questions...

joshanu3

Aug 22, 2014
Hey Guys,
I have completed BE in 2014, i want to apply for canadian universities. and I have a 'Diploma Certificate in Computer Engineering'. So the total years of education is 16. I saw this thread and i dont understand why we have to go through WES? Once we get the transcripts from both the Colleges, cant we just apply to those universities which we want?

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
Hey!

I would applying to the Mumbai University for attesting the marksheets, and my degree certificates. However, I read some forumites mentioning that the engineering marksheets for 2,3,4 and 5 th semesters are NOT attested by the university. What do we need to do in this case? WES does require attested marksheets for all the semesters right?
Hari412 said:
Below is an outline of the process that my family went through in India...May be this will help you to better understand the process...

1 - Get attested transcripts in sealed envelope from your college. They might ask for originals (mine asked for it).

2 - Once you get these, go to Vidyarthi Vidyapeeth near Sydenham College, Chruchgate.

3 - They will open the sealed envelope and pt the transcripts in sealed envelope and stamp it. They might ask for original marksheets as well.

Let me know if you still have questions...

damacig

May 6, 2014
Dear All

NOw in the vidyarthi bhavan,near Sydenham college, Churchgate they say all degrees above 10 years old should go to kalina campus.

But kalina campus had diff procedures. they will only verify the semsters (2nd/7th & 8th) for which university of Mumbai issues the marksheets and nothing else. they charged 1275/- per document.

nevertheless i sent these to CES, university of toronto for assessment and they have replied in the negative that they need all marksheets shud be attested by controller of examinations/registrar or deputy of University of Mumbai.

i had sent another envelope with all other semester marksheets attested by college and sealed and stamped in my envelope.

now i see there are ppl in this thread who have completed their degrees 10 years or more older. how did you guys manage.

please advice as its urgent!!

thanks
ajay
damacig(at the rate)gmail.com

ravs77

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
acdmello said:
Thanks a Lot for such a detailed review for WES.

However I request you to please answer just 1 question.

I have done Diploma from MSBTE. I need to know the process of having the diploma documents to be submitted to WES.
Also note that I already have diploma transcripts taken from Kherwadi, Bandra. I just want to know what else do I need to do?
As said in your post, Do I need to do Authentication and take Transcripts as well?

Thanks in advance.
Hello ,

I am struggling to know what is the process to get transcript from MSBTE for my Diploma in Ind Electronics. Please someone help me. I stay in Delhi and want to send my documents, application and DD but does not know the process...

amruta123

Apr 15, 2015
Hello,

I have been looking into all your posts and would like to say that those are extremely helpful.

I have a few queries , will you be kind enough to reply to those below as I have to get my education credential accessed by WES for applying for express entry 2015.

I have completed my Diploma in Mechanical Engineering and B.E in Mechanical Engineering. As i have understood the process,

a) I have to get the transcripts from my engineering college and go to the Mumbai University Office at Churchgate and get it and all the photocopies of my marksheets and final certificates attested by the examination controller in sealed envelops. ( I have already got my transcripts from my B.E College and will be going to Churchgate any time soon).

b) Do i have to get the transcripts from my Diploma College as well ( I have completed 3 years diploma from K.J.Somaiya Polytechnic, Vidyavihar)? Or do i have to just take the photocopies of my marksheets and certificates of all the semester and go to the Maharastra State Technical Education Office @ Bandra for attestation by the controller and get those in sealed envelops.Do i have to get the get the trancripts for diploma marksheets from my college or from the Maharashtra State Technical Education Office ???

c) Also please can you tell me how much they charge to get the attestation at both the Mumbai university and at Maharashtra State Technical Education and how long do they take to give us the sealed envelops??

d) Do I also have to add the Academic Records Request Form of WES in the sealed envelops dully signed and stamped by the examination contoller for both diploma and degree certificates ???

Awaiting to hear from you.

amruta123

Apr 15, 2015
amruta123 said:
Hello,

I have been looking into all your posts and would like to say that those are extremely helpful.

I have a few queries , will you be kind enough to reply to those below as I have to get my education credential accessed by WES for applying for express entry 2015.

I have completed my Diploma in Mechanical Engineering and B.E in Mechanical Engineering. As i have understood the process,

a) I have to get the transcripts from my engineering college and go to the Mumbai University Office at Churchgate and get it and all the photocopies of my marksheets and final certificates attested by the examination controller in sealed envelops. ( I have already got my transcripts from my B.E College and will be going to Churchgate any time soon).

b) Do i have to get the transcripts from my Diploma College as well ( I have completed 3 years diploma from K.J.Somaiya Polytechnic, Vidyavihar)? Or do i have to just take the photocopies of my marksheets and certificates of all the semester and go to the Maharastra State Technical Education Office @ Bandra for attestation by the controller and get those in sealed envelops.Do i have to get the get the trancripts for diploma marksheets from my college or from the Maharashtra State Technical Education Office ???

c) Also please can you tell me how much they charge to get the attestation at both the Mumbai university and at Maharashtra State Technical Education and how long do they take to give us the sealed envelops??

d) Do I also have to add the Academic Records Request Form of WES in the sealed envelops dully signed and stamped by the examination contoller for both diploma and degree certificates ???

mits0829

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amruta123 said:
Hello,

Hi,

I am not sure about the diploma part (WES site would give you more details), but can tell you about the Degree part.

You actually don't need a transcripts from college (If you have already taken, fine). Just take the 2 sets of xerox of all the marksheets (1st-8th semester) along with originals and the Academic Records Request Form of WES. Keep 2 separate blank covers. You have to take this to churchgate office and the guys will verify the xerox along with originals and give back originals and keep the 2 sets of xerox and empty covers with him. Then just pay the fees (I guess 10 or 50 rs/- per marksheet, not sure) and collect the reciept. They wil lask you to come back after 20 working days or so.
He will hand over the one set of xerox and envelope (one set they will keep it for their records) with seal (won't stick it, you can stick it yourself after checking all docs).

Above is what I have done for my B.E. degree.

For Diploma, I have no idea.

Hope it helps.

May 13, 2015
Dear Gandhinish,

Let me first start by wishing you all the best for your application and complementing for the great work that you are doing guiding others.

I also have a similar case as yours i.e. Diploma and Degree (direct second year). I have a double diploma in Digital Electronics which I completed in 2002 and Electronics and Communication Engineering which I completed in 2003 and a BE in Electronics which I completed in 2006.

From all the posts I have read so far, following is my understanding of the process of getting ECA done through WES

Degree College Transcripts

1. Get all marksheets attested by the college where you have completed your degree (Finolex Academy in my case)
2. Take the attested marksheets + academic records request form from WES to Vidyarthi Vidyapeeth Bhavan (Churhgate) next to Sydenham college for university attestation
3. Return after 25-30 days for collection of the attested transcripts and filled academic records request form in sealed envelope from university
4. Send this sealed envelope to WES through courier to their address

Questions:

1. My college is ready to send the attested marksheet to me through courier without me personally visiting them in Ratnagiri. This obviously is a good thing for me but question is, is this acceptable to Mumbai university?
2. How many transcripts can we get attested at one time, I plan to get more than 1 since I am planning for a masters soon?
3. Is there any particular format in which the we need to have the transcripts?
4. I have read on another forum that a form would be given at the Vidyarthi Vidyapeeth Bhavan in which you need to mention the address of the university. Do we need to mention WES's address here?
5. Will they courier the transcript certificate or you have to collect in person?
6. Please let me know if I have missed any steps above.

Diploma College Transcripts

1. Go to the college where you completed your diploma from and get the academic records request form signed and stamped
2. Go to MSBTE and apply for transcripts by filling the forms (APPLICATION FOR TRANSCRIPT CERTIFICATE/APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE CERTIFICATE)
3. Get the sealed envelope from MSBTE
4. Send this sealed envelope to WES through courier to their address

Questions

1. How much time will MSBTE take for issuing both Authentication and Transcript certificates?
2. How many transcripts can we get attested at one time?
3. Will they courier the transcript certificate or you have to collect in person?
4. Please let me know if there is any other step that I have missed.

Once again let me thank you for all the help that you are providing.

Regards,

Nilesh