+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA WES Procedure Mumbai University

Summi

Jul 12, 2014
Hi,
Have you completed your WES?
Few questions I have:
1) From where we need to get the attestation done? Kalina/Churchgate?
2) Which building?
3) Whom to contact?
4) Any application form/documents other than all original & copies of all marksheets?
5) How much time it takes?

Please help urgently, and if possible send ur mail ID as I have similar background like you (B.E (EXTC) + 2003 pass out :))

xperial

Apr 15, 2014
Hello Summi,

Have you completed your WES? For me, i have started WES process by submitting marksheets to Mumbai University for Attestation.
Few questions I have:
1) From where we need to get the attestation done? Kalina/Churchgate?
You will have to visit Mumbai University building @ Churchgate located just next to Sydenham college.
2) Which building?
See answer to question 1 + You have to go to first floor to office very next to staircase and ask for attestations.

3) Whom to contact?
Ask the for the person in charge of attestations.
4) Any application form/documents other than all original & copies of all marksheets?
Carry all original mark sheets from semesters 1 to 8, Degree Certificate with two photocopies for each and do not forget to carry an A4 sized Green Envelope + a ball pen :) ;)
5) How much time it takes?
They will ask you to come back after 25 working days.

If you are applying for FSW 2014 then you can get in touch with me root.xperial @ gmail.com.
I have sent you a personal message as well.

gandhinish

Apr 3, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2014
AOR Received.
Hopefully, fingers crossed :)
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
NO NO NO Interview Hopefully, fingers crossed :)
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon to land
Ok I have just received email notification from WES saying that my evaluation is complete. Also the entire time just took me around 3 months. You can see the date and time I have posted things here while I started the discussion about ECA from Mumbai University.

Here is the detailed report that I saw in View Report tab: ALL THE EXPERTS ADVICE PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE POINTS I CAN CLAIM AS PER CIC

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCE SUMMARY
Bachelor's Degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1 Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by institution
Credential: Diploma in Industrial Electronics
Awarded by: Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education
Institution Status: Recognized
Admission Requirements: Secondary School Certificate
Length of Program: Four Years
Major/Specialization: Industrial Electronics Technology
Canadian Equivalency: Secondary School Diploma and diploma (two years)

2 Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by institution
Credential: Bachelor of Engineering
Awarded by: Mumbai University
Admission Requirements: Secondary School Graduation
Major/Specialization: Computer Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's Degree (four years)

xperial

Apr 15, 2014
Hello gandhinish and Summi

Since i am also applying for FSW 2014 If you dont mind please get in in touch with me on: root.xperial@gmail.com so that we can share our experiences.

best of Luck!! stay blessed!!

adityasunny7

Aug 11, 2014
Dear Gandhinish,

I have read all your posts and information which you have shared...thank you very much for the help.....but i badly need to ask a few specific questions in the FSW ECA approval process for WES.

Request you to please please email me or share your email id with me.

I will sincerely be grate full if you can reply to me on adityasunny7@gmail.com

warm regards
Aditya

gandhinish

Apr 3, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
NO NO NO Interview Hopefully, fingers crossed :)
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon to land
adityasunny7 said:
Dear Gandhinish,

I have read all your posts and information which you have shared...thank you very much for the help.....but i badly need to ask a few specific questions in the FSW ECA approval process for WES.

Request you to please please email me or share your email id with me.

I will sincerely be grate full if you can reply to me on adityasunny7 @ gmail.com

warm regards
Aditya
Thanks that you find the information useful. Please dont forget to add the rating to relevant posts here.. so that other users will come to know. As for the info you require, please write it here on forum so that we can share it for others as well.

adityasunny7

Aug 11, 2014
gandhinish said:
Thanks that you find the information useful. Please dont forget to add the rating to relevant posts here.. so that other users will come to know. As for the info you require, please write it here on forum so that we can share it for others as well.
Dear Gandhinish,

Thank you very much for all the help. Im applying for FSW, trying to get my ECA done from WES.

I have done class 10 (CBSE) ,12(CBSE) , BMS (SIES College SION Mumbai University) and MCom (Mumbai University)

When I send my WES package:-

1)should i send my class 10 th and 12 th attested marksheets from CBSE also or only BMS and MCom will suffice?

2) What does WES require from my (graduation degree) in the selaed MOU envelope?
Do they need both the transcripts as well as the photocopies of marksheets to be attested by MOU along with the WES application in a sealed MoU envelope? ..........or WES will be happy with either the (i)transcripts or (ii)attestation of the photocopies of the marksheets?

Pls advise what to get attested from Churchgate office?- (i)transcripts (or) (ii)photocopies of marksheets, (or) (iii)both?

3)How many copies of transcripts/photocopies of marksheets do you advise ?
- 1 copy would be sent to WES,
-1 copy you said MoU ,Churchagte guys will keep for them selves
-should i keep 1 copy of transcripts and marksheets for the final FSW application which needs to be sent to CIO Sydney, in Canada?
- 1 extra copy at time of visa interview at Canadian embassy?

so should i get a total of 4 copies to be attested by MoU, Churchgate?

4)Does WES require the convocation, and pass certificate to be also attested by MoU Churchgate guys?
Or a simple photocopy of convocation certificate and pass certificate sent besides the sealed envelope ..in the overall packet to WES will suffice?

5)Since the WES application also has to be with the transcripts/photocopies in the same sealed envelope, will MoU guys seal the envelope in front of me 25 days later, when i come to collect it...so that i can insert the WES application alongwith.

Basically at what stage and how do u insert the WES application form with the transcripts into the sealed envelope?

6) is there any charge/fees MoU Churchgate guys charge

I will be really grateful if you could help me get some clarity on the above things since you have allready procured your ECA

Warm Regards

Aditya

mapleDream2014

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
I have completed my Bachelors of Engineering (B.E) in computer engineering which had a duation of 4 years, from the college K.j.Somaiya University of Mumbai, India in the year 2010. Before that I have completed 10 th (SSC) + 12th (HSC) both from the "Maharashtra board of secondary and higher secondary education" . Thus in total I have completed 10+2+4 =16 years of education.

I have the following questions regarding ECA from WES:

1. Currently, while I prepare the envelope for sending it to WES, I am only including all my B.E. documents i.e. marksheets, convocation and transcripts and am getting them attested from the university and sealed by university in a single envelope. Also, I am going to collect the sealed envelope from the university and send them to WES on my own. In this case, do I need to include the "Academic Records Request Form" along with ? If yes, do I need to include the same in the sealed enveloped along with the B.E. marksheets/transcripts or just send it separately?

2. In the documents to be submit at WES for ECA, do I include HSC and SSC marksheets and certificates as well ? If yes, where do I get the HSC and SSC marksheets/certficates attested from ?

Do I include any other documents apart from those mentioned above (apart from the barcode page off-course!!)?

Requesting your kind replies on the same

mapleDream2014

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
Hi guys,

I urgently need help on the below part:

I need to fill up the field "Year of Award (if applicable)" in the "Academic Records Request Form".
My convocation degree states:
"We the chancellor...confer the Degree of "Bachelor of Engineering" (in its /Computer Engineering Branch) on XYZ for the examination held in May-2010 at the Convocation held on 5th February, 2011 ".

My final examination of 8th semester was in the month of May-2010 and I passed it then coz the result came 3 months later in Aug-2010.

Now what should I fill in the field "Year of Award (if applicable)" in the "Academic Records Request Form"? Should I fill "2010" or "2011"

Requesting you all to please help on the same asap..!! Thnks in advance !!

lav27

Aug 12, 2014
Hello,

I am currently in the process of getting my attestation done for the WES credential assessment. I have given it for attestation to mumbai University, in the Vidhyarthi Bhavan Office in Churchgate. I have a few questions on this:

1. I completed my B.Com from R.A.Podar College. Since The college is autonomous I got the college marksheet for the first year and second year. Though the marksheet has a "University of Mumbai" header on it. Please advice if I need to obtain a separate transcript from University for all the three years. I saw this answer in the WES FAQ Section:

"Specific Instructions for University of Mumbai awarded Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Commerce degrees. For the degrees listed above, you may submit marks sheets that have been issued and attested by the college you attended for the first two years of study. Marks sheets for the third year must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai. For all other degrees earned through the University of Mumbai, marks sheets for all years of study must be issued and attested by the university and not the college you attended."

2. Unfortunately, I did not include the academic records request form when giving it for attestation. I gave for the attestation around 1st week of this month (August 2014), and expected to receive the attested documents in a week I believe. My question is will they attest the academic request form then and there, or would they take another 25 days to do that??

2. Another question is is it mandatory to have the signature on the envelope flap? Or the university stamp will do?

Any Help/Comments are highly appreciated.

Thanks for the Help

Since I am not residing in Mumbai Currently, and their timings are somewhat weird (Mon-Fri 11 AM to 2 PM)!, I am having my cousin take care of this. So I have to give very accurate instruction as well.

adityasunny7

Aug 11, 2014
gandhinish said:
Ok I have just received email notification from WES saying that my evaluation is complete. Also the entire time just took me around 3 months. You can see the date and time I have posted things here while I started the discussion about ECA from Mumbai University.

Here is the detailed report that I saw in View Report tab: ALL THE EXPERTS ADVICE PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE POINTS I CAN CLAIM AS PER CIC

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCE SUMMARY
Bachelor's Degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1 Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by institution
Credential: Diploma in Industrial Electronics
Awarded by: Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education
Admission Requirements: Secondary School Certificate
Major/Specialization: Industrial Electronics Technology
Canadian Equivalency: Secondary School Diploma and diploma (two years)

2 Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by institution
Credential: Bachelor of Engineering
Awarded by: Mumbai University
Admission Requirements: Secondary School Graduation
Major/Specialization: Computer Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's Degree (four years)
Dear Gandinish,

Sorry to trouble you, but bro, really will be grateful if you reply to my query. Its been some time and I still haven’t been able to move forward.
Sincerely request you to help me as I’m getting confused between 2 specific terms like transcripts and attestation of photocopy of mark sheets.

For ease of understanding, I’m just defining them so that were are on the same page.

Transcripts:- are a recently issued summary of my marks issued by my college-SIES (Sion) ie on August 2014.
Photocopies of marksheets which are photocopies of the original marksheets issued to me at the time of doing my programme ie date of taking the exam example- Sem1-Oct 1999, Sem2- Apr 2000, Sem3- Oct 2000, Sem 4-Apr 2001, Sem5-Oct 2001, Sem6- April 2002.

1. If I enter the class 10 and 12 details on the WES website, do I have to send (10th ,12th) marksheets? Or I can get away by sending only the degree (BMS, Mcom) marksheets in the WES envelope?

2. WES Website states -You may have photocopies of your original mark sheets attested and dated by the Controller of Examinations or Registrar’s Office. Please request for the attested photocopies to be placed in an official sealed envelope and have the envelope returned to you to forward to WES.
They do not talk about attestation of transcripts. ONLY mentioning PHOTOCOPIES OF MARKSHEETS.

But Gandhinish, in your earlier post on June 01, 2014 to lids 2154- u mentioned you got your transcripts from your Smt Indira Gandhi Coll of Engineering and handed transcripts to MoU Churchagte guys for attestation.

Please tell me, WHAT DO I NEED TO GET ATTESTED AND what NEEDS TO BE KEPT in the SEALED ENVELOPE FROM MoU Churchgate guys? IS IT THE:-
i) Transcripts (issued in Aug 2014) or
ii) Photocopies of marksheets ( issued at the time of taking the exam April 1999) or
iii) Both transcripts and marksheets?

That’s it bro just 2 replies I need.

Thank
Regards
Thanks a lot for the help
Aditya

riyavisa

Jun 1, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29th aug 2014
Doc's Request.
cc charge - 23rd november
Nomination.....
per - 19th december
File Transfer...
14th March
Med's Request
Meds done - 14th April
Med's Done....
3rd Line- 23rd April
Passport Req..
PPR & DM 26th May
Hi Aditya,

I am not sure if this answers your question fully, but transcripts and marksheets both will work for you, so you can send either of them. I had sent my marksheets which were attested freshly by the Registrar and they work. So you can send either of them just the attestation has to be recent.

adityasunny7

Aug 11, 2014
riyavisa said:
Hi Aditya,

I am not sure if this answers your question fully, but transcripts and marksheets both will work for you, so you can send either of them. I had sent my marksheets which were attested freshly by the Registrar and they work. So you can send either of them just the attestation has to be recent.
Thnaks alot riya for the response

Aug 26, 2014
1. Can anyone update the actual wait time to get the transcript from Mumbai University?
2. Does SSC & HSC marksheet also need to be converted to transcript for FSW?