+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA Summary: Bachelor's degree (four years)

phoenix1985

Dec 28, 2015
Dear Friends,

Can any one of you kindly confirm if you have selected "Two or more Degrees" and have applied and subsequently received PR with a similar ECA report like mine, mentioned below?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

1. Credential Authentication: Transcripts were verified by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Business Administration
Year: 2008
Awarded by: North South University
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Finance and Accounting

Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)

2. Credential Authentication: Transcripts were verified by the institution
Credential: Master of Business Administration
Year: 2012
Major/Specialization: Business Administration

Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanking you very much in advance for your kind response.

abedin

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2016
AOR Received.
04-05-2016
Med's Done....
22-04-2016
Passport Req..
15-11-2016
As your 'Canadian Equivalency Summary' says 4 years bachelor degree, you can't use 'Two or more degree's" option.

Its unusual though why an MBA is treated as a Bachelor degree, even if its treated as a post graduate diploma, you should be good to use "Two or more degree".

Its my personal understanding, let other people share their observation.

GurpreetSunny

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am suffering from same problem. I am lawyer by profession and i am licensed to practice. Though cic site says that law is to be considered as professional degree. Wes assessed me as bachelor's four years.
I am losing 40 points because of this.
I have written to wes and they are reviewing my assessment. I would request you to do the same. Fill the form on their site and they will revert.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
phoenix1985 said:
Dear Friends,

Can any one of you kindly confirm if you have selected "Two or more Degrees" and have applied and subsequently received PR with a similar ECA report like mine, mentioned below?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

1. Credential Authentication: Transcripts were verified by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Business Administration
Year: 2008
Major/Specialization: Finance and Accounting

Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)

2. Credential Authentication: Transcripts were verified by the institution
Credential: Master of Business Administration
Year: 2012
Major/Specialization: Business Administration

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanking you very much in advance for your kind response.
You can safely select 'two or more degrees option', but meanwhile, request WES to update the Canadian Equivalence Summary in your report. It should ideally say 'Bachelors degree (four years) and Bachelors degree (three years). Applicants have requested WES to do the same and they have updated the ECA. Get in touch with them at the earliest, otherwise after sometime, they may charge for updating the summary (it has happened with one person on the forum)

GurpreetSunny

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stanlee said:
You can safely select 'two or more degrees option', but meanwhile, request WES to update the Canadian Equivalence Summary in your report. It should ideally say 'Bachelors degree (four years) and Bachelors degree (three years). Applicants have requested WES to do the same and they have updated the ECA. Get in touch with them at the earliest, otherwise after sometime, they may charge for updating the summary (it has happened with one person on the forum)
Dear Stanlee,

Do you think that will change mine as well. I have practicing license and i should be assessed as professional degree licensed to practice.
My assessment is of the year 2014. They are in process of reviewing my request for upgrading my report.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
GurpreetSunny said:
Dear Stanlee,

Do you think that will change mine as well. I have practicing license and i should be assessed as professional degree licensed to practice.
My assessment is of the year 2014. They are in process of reviewing my request for upgrading my report.
I am not sure about the assssment of the degrees as the parameters used for assessment are not in public domain. But in the above case, I was referring to the summary getting updated, rather than the assessment of individual degrees.

shasai

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Yes, WES charged me for updating the summary. As Stanlee mention apply for revision at the earliest.

I was charged by CAD 30+ Tax

Thank you

ZoobieS

Jun 29, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
Scarborough
AOR Received.
06/06/2023
Hi,

I have received my ECA report. It is as below. My PGDBM has been taken as Bachelors equivalent and not Masters. Request fellow forum members to advise from their experience if it is possible to write to WES and ask why they have not considered as Masters and also, if there is any chance of their revising the equivalency.

Thanks
================================================================

Two bachelor's degrees (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Technology
Year: 2002
Awarded by: Punjab Technical University
Major/Specialization: Electrical Engineering
Remarks: Punjab Technical University is currently known as I. K. Gujral
Punjab Technical University.

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Postgraduate Diploma (AICTE)
Year: 2005
Awarded by: Birla Institute of Management Technology
Major/Specialization: Business Management

phoenix1985

Dec 28, 2015
Dear Stanlee,

I would just need another advice from you. I have requested WES to update my Canadian Equivalence Summary at the report mentioning both of my degrees instead of "Bachelor's degree (four years)". However they refused to update my Equivalency Summary report stating that it is their norm to mention the highest degree in the summary report.

Given this update, can you kindly tell me will it be safe to select "Two or more degrees"?

Thank you again for your kind response.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
phoenix1985 said:
Dear Stanlee,

I would just need another advice from you. I have requested WES to update my Canadian Equivalence Summary at the report mentioning both of my degrees instead of "Bachelor's degree (four years)". However they refused to update my Equivalency Summary report stating that it is their norm to mention the highest degree in the summary report.

Given this update, can you kindly tell me will it be safe to select "Two or more degrees"?

Thank you again for your kind response.
It is quite surprising why WES is not revising the summary. In the past they have updated the summary for applicants. However, the matter of the fact is that for you both Bachelors and Masters have been individually assessed by WES to be equivalent to Canadian Bachelors, so you can select 'two or more degrees...' option.

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
Hi, as you have also done the PGDBM from Birla Institute of Management Technology. I passed out from Birla in 1997.

Wanted to ask you - Did WES recognize the BIMTECH Diploma as I looked up the tool and this institute didn't come up in the search so I am not sure whether they will accept the transcripts from the Birla Institute of Management Technology.
Please advice. Thanks in advance.

ZoobieS said:
Hi,

I have received my ECA report. It is as below. My PGDBM has been taken as Bachelors equivalent and not Masters. Request fellow forum members to advise from their experience if it is possible to write to WES and ask why they have not considered as Masters and also, if there is any chance of their revising the equivalency.

Thanks

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution

SanKanKun

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
shasai said:
Yes, WES charged me for updating the summary. As Stanlee mention apply for revision at the earliest.

I was charged by CAD 30+ Tax

Thank you
Hi,

I have a similar problem...the Summary is Bachelors DEGREE (four years)... and my BA Hons (Maths) is Bachelors DEGREE (4 yrs), but my AICTE approved PGDBM is " Completion of Second Undergraduate Major".

What is this supposed to mean? I have all along assumed its Two OR MORE Degrre/ Diploma, but I have my doubts if OINP and CIC will just treat it as One Bachelors. I will lose 32 points Andre become ineligible for OINP.

PLS ADVISE HOW TO SEND REQUEST FOR MODIFICATION IF SUMMARY. I have sent a request on the WRITE TO US form on their website, but how long do they take to respond?

Thanks,
Kanika

SanKanKun

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Stanlee said:
It is quite surprising why WES is not revising the summary. In the past they have updated the summary for applicants. However, the matter of the fact is that for you both Bachelors and Masters have been individually assessed by WES to be equivalent to Canadian Bachelors, so you can select 'two or more degrees...' option.
Hi Stanlee,
I reached out to you on Watsapp this morning regarding a similar problem I am facing....pls advise what I should do, keeping in mind some people have got Bachelors DEGREE for their PGDBM, and mine isn't assessed as "Completion of Second Undergraduate Major". While SUMMARY is BACHELORS DGEREE FOUR YEARS.

Thanks,
Kanika

xyris87

Apr 5, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ZoobieS said:
Hi,

Thanks

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

This is probably the only post on the internet where a BIMTECH applicant has shared his WES assessment details. Thanks! This is immensely useful and reassuring. Btw, curious to know, did you by any chance manage to have the BIMTECH evaluation changed to Masters or did you roll with "2 or more post-secondary degrees" option?