+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA report

Shaheryar123

Aug 21, 2017
I have a query regarding eca report.kindly tell me that me and my wife are applying for eca report but the passport on which my wife registered for eca report submission was on his father name.whereas,my wife as a dependent of primary applicant has to change her passport as my wife before submitting application for PR after getting ITA.I wanted to ask should i change her passport right now before applying for ECA or should i let go with her current passport and then apply for new passport later in next month in order to save time.Someone told me ECA report has nothing to do with immigration services it is just a report that is a prerequisite for PR application and they wont go into details on whose passport it was registered.Your input required.

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
I have a query regarding eca report.kindly tell me that me and my wife are applying for eca report but the passport on which my wife registered for eca report submission was on his father name.whereas,my wife as a dependent of primary applicant has to change her passport as my wife before submitting application for PR after getting ITA.I wanted to ask should i change her passport right now before applying for ECA or should i let go with her current passport and then apply for new passport later in next month in order to save time.Someone told me ECA report has nothing to do with immigration services it is just a report that is a prerequisite for PR application and they wont go into details on whose passport it was registered.Your input required.
Why you want to change passport name ? not needed. If you already have, upload name change document.

Green Stone

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
now days it is mandatory to add spouse name in your passport before applying PCC from PSK . Or apply PCC with marrital status single . because they do not mention your address and marrital status in your PCC .

shifs

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
now days it is mandatory to add spouse name in your passport before applying PCC from PSK . Or apply PCC with marrital status single . because they do not mention your address and marrital status in your PCC .
It is not mandatory at all PSKs. My husband recently obtained PCC from Chandigarh PSK, and we both have not added spouse names on our passports. He was just asked to fill and sign a form with marriage details.
I'm going to apply for PCC from London HC, and hopefully it won't be a problem there either.

On a related note, is adding a spouse name important for any other stage of the EE process?

Green Stone

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
It is not mandatory at all PSKs. My husband recently obtained PCC from Chandigarh PSK, and we both have not added spouse names on our passports. He was just asked to fill and sign a form with marriage details.
I'm going to apply for PCC from London HC, and hopefully it won't be a problem there either.

On a related note, is adding a spouse name important for any other stage of the EE process?
I faced it last week at Chandigarh PSK . They told me to add spouse name first because of new guidelines .

aahaanbajaj

Star Member
Jun 9, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
23/07/2018
Hi Guys, so how does it work, my wife's wes evaluation would come in her maiden name, and her passport carries name after marriage. Would that matter? We have spouse name printed on both our passports and also marriage certificate would so the needful. Any suggestions

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Hi Guys, so how does it work, my wife's wes evaluation would come in her maiden name, and her passport carries name after marriage. Would that matter? We have spouse name printed on both our passports and also marriage certificate would so the needful. Any suggestions

Get a "one and the same person affidavit" made which says that she was known as so and so before marriage and changed name to so and so after marriage, and both names belong to the same person. Google it you will find a format for this affidavit. Write an loe that ECA carries her before marriage name because all education documents have that name and attach the affidavit along with it.

aahaanbajaj

Star Member
Jun 9, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
23/07/2018
Thanks @prpurohit The eca report is still not out, can I contact wes and get them add her post marriage name in the report? Do they have such option after the evaluation is in progress?

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Thanks @prpurohit The eca report is still not out, can I contact wes and get them add her post marriage name in the report? Do they have such option after the evaluation is in progress?

Alternatively what you can do is send them a copy of marriage certificate and her passport and write a letter explaining about the name change. And request them to issue ECA with new name. What they do is they'll include her new surname in brackets so it will read as so first name-old surname-(new surname)

You will have to write loe explaining her name difference on educational documents and passport. Ideally a one and the same person affidavit should be included when your application has documents with different names.

aahaanbajaj

Star Member
Jun 9, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
23/07/2018
I wrote a message to w e s through their contact form, however, there is no option to attach the supporting documents, and as their office is closed today I will contact them via the phone and ask for more clarity on how to send the documents

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
I wrote a message to w e s through their contact form, however, there is no option to attach the supporting documents, and as their office is closed today I will contact them via the phone and ask for more clarity on how to send the documents

I don't think you can upload. You have to send physical photocopies along with a letter explaining the situation. But better to speak to them once and then proceed.