+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA points for Secondary Education.

get by

Mar 7, 2009
Hello,

I am applying for EE from ouside Canada. I have a question regarding ECA and points based on that. I completed my secondary education in India. Did my bachelors in Canada but after that did a certificate from India just to enhance my skills.

Can I get any points for my certificate and secondary education to enhance my EE profile?

Thanks!

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
get by said:
Hello,

I am applying for EE from ouside Canada. I have a question regarding ECA and points based on that. I completed my secondary education in India. Did my bachelors in Canada but after that did a certificate from India just to enhance my skills.

Can I get any points for my certificate and secondary education to enhance my EE profile?

Thanks!
Depends of what that certification is about...but most likely answer would be a No. Anyway please confirm with WES.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
get by said:
Hello,

Thanks!
You can use this tool to check the equivalency of the certificate course http://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations/preliminary.asp?. In case they acccept your certificate, you can select 'two or more degrees where one is at least three years'. This will give you more points than just compared to Bachelors.