+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA help for Psychologist NOC 31200

bilalmehar381

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
Calgary Alberta
Category........
PNP
I'm going to start my EE FSW process, but I'm confused from where I should get my ECA as Psychologist (NOC 31200) is licensed profession and each province as its own licensing requirements. Any help would be appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm going to start my EE FSW process, but I'm confused from where I should get my ECA as Psychologist (NOC 31200) is licensed profession and each province as its own licensing requirements. Any help would be appreciated.
Get ECA from WES or another ECA group. Or check what ECA is required for the province you want to live in. Is this for PhD?

bilalmehar381

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
Calgary Alberta
Category........
PNP
Get ECA from WES or another ECA group. Or check what ECA is required for the province you want to live in. Is this for PhD?
Are you suggesting one should opt for a province and start their licensing process?

Each province has its own regulation as given below.
  • A doctoral degree in psychology is required in order to use the designation "Psychologist" in Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba and British Columbia.
  • A master's degree in psychology is required for the designation "Psychologist" in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Saskatchewan, Alberta, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
  • A master's degree in psychology is required in order to use the designation "Psychological Associate" in Prince Edward Island, Ontario, Manitoba and British Columbia.

Source: View unit group - Canada.ca (esdc.gc.ca)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Are you suggesting one should opt for a province and start their licensing process?

Each province has its own regulation as given below.
  • A doctoral degree in psychology is required in order to use the designation "Psychologist" in Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba and British Columbia.
  • A master's degree in psychology is required for the designation "Psychologist" in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Saskatchewan, Alberta, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
  • A master's degree in psychology is required in order to use the designation "Psychological Associate" in Prince Edward Island, Ontario, Manitoba and British Columbia.

Source: View unit group - Canada.ca (esdc.gc.ca)
Licensing has nothing to do with your EE profile. Get your ECA done first. Then get ITA, apply for PR and start licensing process if you can outside Canada. If not move to Canada and start process.

Also haven’t you already received AOR through Alberta PNP?

Last edited:

bilalmehar381

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
Calgary Alberta
Category........
PNP
Licensing has nothing to do with your EE profile. Get your ECA done first. Then get ITA, apply for PR and start licensing process if you can outside Canada. If not move to Canada and start process.

Also haven’t you already received AOR through Alberta PNP?
yes waiting for final decision on my application please see my detail timeline in my signature.

NimmaDreamland

Star Member
Jan 15, 2024
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
RROC
AOR Received.
28th Nov 2023
Sorry hoping on to this thread but has anyone applied for licensing as psychological associate in Ontario as internationally educated psychologist?

Ali Waheed

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
@bilalmehar381 I am asking for someone I know who did BS in Psychology (4 years) and then has 4 years experience as a business psychologist. Do you think this person qualifies for NOC 31200?

The reason we are confused is because as you mentioned earlier the requirements mention Master's and PhD.

bilalmehar381

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
Calgary Alberta
Category........
PNP
Brother title does not matter, JD matters. If you JD matches with NOC job requirements, then yes. But to qualify as a psychologist, you must have Masters degree minimum. The requirements for licensure vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Unfortunately, there is no single body which can provide credential evaluation for psychologist. In some jurisdictions, the doctorate degree is required for registration and in others it is the master’s degree.

More detail on licensing check this https://cpa.ca/accreditation/PTlicensingrequirements/