+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA for MBA from India

Akash Jauhari

Jun 2, 2019
Greetings,

I completed my MBA from Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication , India in 2018.
I have been going through various threads and forums to get the most suitable information on ECA for my Degree.

I humbly request the forum members to kindly guide me on the most suitable and reliable option I can opt for to get my ECA Done.
Fees and Processing time are not constraints.
I am ready to take more time to get it done right.

Thanks,
Akash

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
You should get your MBA ECA done from ICAS, CES or IQAS.

Do not go with WES.

ICAS/IQAS/CES evaluates MBA degrees from India as master's degree where as WES evaluates MBA degrees that are not from IIM or IIT as post graduate diplomas.

However, ICAS/IQAS/CES have very long processing time as compared to WES.

Rk545824

Jun 2, 2019
Need your help please. I am thinking to get into the pool by getting a WES and IELTS as IQAS has a longer processing time, but I will also apply for IQAS for better points. Will i be able to change my ECA midway after creating a profile for FSW?

The objective is to come in the pool ASAP, just in case we get lucky

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Need your help please. I am thinking to get into the pool by getting a WES and IELTS as IQAS has a longer processing time, but I will also apply for IQAS for better points. Will i be able to change my ECA midway after creating a profile for FSW?

The objective is to come in the pool ASAP, just in case we get lucky
You can update your profile if you have not got an ITA.

It's totally up to you if you want to get two ECA's, however, ECA's are not cheap, ECA with WES costs 220 CAD + Shipping Charges and IQAS charges 200 CAD + Shipping Charges.

So, in total, you would be spending around 450 CAD just on ECA's. Instead of IQAS, I would recommend getting an ECA from CES, CES has faster processing time than IQAS.

Rk545824

Jun 2, 2019
Thank you so much for your reply. One more question, his Masters was evaluated as Masterd right?

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Masters are usually evaluated as Masters, even by WES. However, WES has been known to issue Diploma equivalency to MBA's. Masters in Arts, Sciences, Technology and etc.. do get evaluated as Masters.

Rk545824

Jun 2, 2019
Can you please tell me that for Federal Skilled worker program, should i first get ECA done or get the ircc form filled first? Because the results will also have to be sent to Ircc

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Can you please tell me that for Federal Skilled worker program, should i first get ECA done or get the ircc form filled first? Because the results will also have to be sent to Ircc
To apply for the FSWP, you need to enter the express entry pool for which you need two things before you submit your profile:
1. ECA if your education is from an institute outside Canada.
2. IELTS Score

Vijaysai86

Nov 22, 2019
Greetings,

I completed my MBA from Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication , India in 2018.
I have been going through various threads and forums to get the most suitable information on ECA for my Degree.

I humbly request the forum members to kindly guide me on the most suitable and reliable option I can opt for to get my ECA Done.
Fees and Processing time are not constraints.
I am ready to take more time to get it done right.

Thanks,
Akash
Hi.. I am also from SIU Did you submit only Masters or bachelors as well ? What did CES recognize mba from Symbiosis?

AishKrish

Nov 27, 2019
Masters are usually evaluated as Masters, even by WES. However, WES has been known to issue Diploma equivalency to MBA's. Masters in Arts, Sciences, Technology and etc.. do get evaluated as Masters.
Hi does CES recognizes MBA from Indian universities as Masters?
I have already applied for WES but worrying if my scores will not be enough without my Masters equivalency. Thinking to opt for CES (I also have time constraint which was the reason for choosing WES).
I have to collect transcripts again from universities and send it to CES if in case they evaluate as Masters. If in case of this, will CES accept only MBA transcripts for evaluation ?