+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Easy to get LMIA after YP?

jvid23

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Hi
About to start a year of work through the Young professional visa NOC B (food service supervisor).
Wanting to apply for BC PNP after that (as I did a year of supervising on a working holiday before that) but would need another
work permit when my YP is over and I apply for PNP as you need a valid work permit throughout the application process.
Would an LMIA be easy to get for the same job as you are working already? I know of all the rules about it - like that they need to
advertise the job for 3 months etc. Just figured maybe someone knows some loop holes that can be used if I am already an employee..

Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
jvid23 said:
Hi
About to start a year of work through the Young professional visa NOC B (food service supervisor).
Wanting to apply for BC PNP after that (as I did a year of supervising on a working holiday before that) but would need another
work permit when my YP is over and I apply for PNP as you need a valid work permit throughout the application process.
Would an LMIA be easy to get for the same job as you are working already? I know of all the rules about it - like that they need to
advertise the job for 3 months etc. Just figured maybe someone knows some loop holes that can be used if I am already an employee..

Thanks
Not aware of any "loopholes". The only advantage that you have is that the employer may try harder to get an LMIA because they know you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
jvid23 said:
Hi

Thanks
No - just as difficult. The fact you are already in the roles makes no difference.