+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

e-CAS Tracker

akoika

May 29, 2013
Hello,

I want to share some information and experience with everyone else, we are all going through difficult times. One thing that has affected me in a very negative way is the addiction of eCAS. I have read on the forum and found others going through the same issues, checking it 2-4 times daily.

I wanted to suggest, that the easiest way to get rid of this addiction, is to use e-CAS Tracker. I have used it throughout my process, and it would always, always tell me about a status change before I got the chance to check it manually. I would think to myself that i probably checks only once a day, and that by me checking manually I could see a status change before it does, but I was never succesful to see a change without it telling me that there is one.

The way it works is that a few hours after midnight, when eCAS gets updated, it checks your application t see if there aren't any changes. If there are, it will send you a very nice email telling you that there is a change.

I am not allowed to post a link, but you can just google it: e-CAS Tracker

Some nice info from it's main page:
Most people get only a handful of updates on e-CAS during the course of a typical application. It can be many months between updates. Some updates show up for some people, but not for others (e.g. "medical results received"). The CIC website says "The Client Application Status site is updated weekly, usually on Tuesdays". This is not entirely accurate. e-CAS can be updated on any day of the week, including weekends. The e-CAS Tracker system has seen updates to people's e-CAS files every single day of the week. There do seem to be more updates on Tuesdays than on other days, but by no means is it only updated on Tuesdays.
I believe this info needs to be made as a sticky, as I consider it very helpful.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Here's the link:

https://ecas.carroll.org.uk/

This great tool is free and was created by one of the members of this forum.

akoika

May 29, 2013
I am surprised it is not a sticky. I came across it from someone's signature. Thanks for posting the link.