+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dubai to Canada for studies seeking advice

shanonp

Nov 13, 2011
Hi All,

Well i am in dubai and worked here for a long time in Supply chain and logistics completed by BBA (supply chain management) and MBA(General) over here as well, I am looking to proceed for higher education to Canada in Supply Chain and logistics management.

Some questions on which will give me a higher change of getting accepted for the student VISA.

1 - Should i look at post graduate (Masters in supply chain) or a specialized diploma (international business or international trade)
2 - Are some provinces easier than others (because of their low population perhaps)
3- How can i make my case strong in order to avoid a refusal

is anyone here in supply chain or logistics that has got their visa approved

Thanks

shanonp

Nov 13, 2011
Another question, Will they ask for my school marks sheets because i don't have it with me and i dont think i can even get it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. Masters would be better.
2. No differences between provinces when applying for a study permit.
3. Make sure your planned education in Canada makes sense in light of your previous education and experience. Make sure you can demonstrate you have ties to your home country and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. Make sure you have enough funds to cover your studies and living expenses in Canada.

shanonp

Nov 13, 2011
Hi thanks for the info, another quick question in order to ensure that my educational choice is in line with my previous exp, could you advise me if i am leaning toward the right decision:

My Past exp is:
1. 10 yrs exp in supply chain and logistics
2. Bachelors in supply chain
3. Master in Business Administration

i was now considering apply for either of the following :

1. Masters in Supply chain or
2. Masters in International Business

What's your views?

Additionally, do you know of any colleges or universities in Toronto, british columbia or Alberta that i could apply for and would also give me a chance of sponsoring my wife (open work visa) and family at a later stage?

angelbam

Oct 8, 2017
Hi thanks for the info, another quick question in order to ensure that my educational choice is in line with my previous exp, could you advise me if i am leaning toward the right decision:

My Past exp is:
1. 10 yrs exp in supply chain and logistics
2. Bachelors in supply chain
3. Master in Business Administration

i was now considering apply for either of the following :

1. Masters in Supply chain or
2. Masters in International Business

What's your views?

Additionally, do you know of any colleges or universities in Toronto, british columbia or Alberta that i could apply for and would also give me a chance of sponsoring my wife (open work visa) and family at a later stage?

Hi! Why not apply for fsw? As what I read in this forum, visa officer might question your intent of studying in Canada. Coz as what you said you already have 10 years work exp plus a bachelor degree and a master.. Make sure you can defend your reason in your Statement of Purpose as why you opt to study again rather than taking work permit.

MAK98

Jul 6, 2018
1. Masters would be better.
2. No differences between provinces when applying for a study permit.
3. Make sure your planned education in Canada makes sense in light of your previous education and experience. Make sure you can demonstrate you have ties to your home country and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. Make sure you have enough funds to cover your studies and living expenses in Canada.
How can I demonstrate ties to my home country if I've lived as an expat my entire life in Dubai? Also i have my whole family here.