+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"DUBAI APPLICANTS" **Let's Network & Get Connected**

ronyjacob

Jan 7, 2010
Hi All

My Documents deadline date is 16th march..............

Just a quick thought on this, what if my docuemnts reach 1 day late..would the high comission ignore my entier application?

have there been any such instances with a similar experience in this forum??

please share your info

regards
Rony

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Yes, many instance where the full case was returned-rejected.

The wiser way is to:
1. Send whatever docs u have & write a cover letter to CHC asking for an extension for the other docs.
2. If u cannot send any, inform CHC with a suave letter/email stating the reasons of the 'likely' delay, well in advance, with 'full' supporting docs [for the delay request] & wait for their response.

yhya_kuraz

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
17-11-2009
File Transfer...
16-12-2009
Med's Request
23-03-2012
Med's Done....
14-04-2012
rony its better to send it before the dead time, if there is some documents balance you can attach explanation letter clarifing the reasons for delaying the balance documents and expected sinding date.
however, as I saw in this forum and others CIC take in the concern the transportation time delay.
good luck

ronyjacob said:
Hi All

My Documents deadline date is 16th march..............

Just a quick thought on this, what if my docuemnts reach 1 day late..would the high comission ignore my entier application?

have there been any such instances with a similar experience in this forum??

please share your info

regards
Rony

ronyjacob

Jan 7, 2010
Hi

Normally from Dubai to London via express courier...how long does it take?

I have already submitted all my docs to my agent here in Dubai..premiers

They claim it would reach in 1 days time..........
What do u think??

regards
Rony

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ronyjacob said:
Hi

Normally from Dubai to London via express courier...how long does it take?

I have already submitted all my docs to my agent here in Dubai..premiers

They claim it would reach in 1 days time..........
What do u think??

regards
Rony
They r right. It reaches the next day [24 hrs.], by DHL, FedEx, TNT, UPS etc.

AUH Process

Star Member
Feb 11, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2007
qorax said:
I'd say, "2-4 weeks".
Qorax, What's the basis of this timeline?...personal experience, or are you tracking a few applications?

If you go onto http://www.trackitt.com/, you will find that the average time for the London VO between the interview & PPR is on average 3 - 6 months. (Even if medical is before interview date)

Siawo

Star Member
Feb 24, 2010
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
May 12, 2009
AOR Received.
May 20, 2009
Med's Request
Feb 1, 2010
Med's Done....
Mar 13, 2010
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 07, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 18. 2010
I was planning to land this year and come back in a month after completing all the paper work formalities. Then in the Summer of 2011 settle permanently in Canada.

As I am the primary applicant, I was wondering if the first landing can be done without the family. Travelling with kids is not easy with infants and school going kids that may miss a school year if the timing is off. Then there is the hassel of packing all the stuff. Plus the big factor of the travel and the living cost $$$

Any advice... Can I land without the whole 'gang' then take them with me next year?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Siawo said:
I was planning to land this year and come back in a month after completing all the paper work formalities. Then in the Summer of 2011 settle permanently in Canada.

As I am the primary applicant, I was wondering if the first landing can be done without the family. Travelling with kids is not easy with infants and school going kids that may miss a school year if the timing is off. Then there is the hassel of packing all the stuff. Plus the big factor of the travel and the living cost $$$

Any advice... Can I land without the whole 'gang' then take them with me next year?
Yes, u can.
All the procedure says is that the PA should land first. but, everyone must complete their landing process before their visa/s expire... remember that.

Siawo

Star Member
Feb 24, 2010
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
May 12, 2009
AOR Received.
May 20, 2009
Med's Request
Feb 1, 2010
Med's Done....
Mar 13, 2010
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 07, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 18. 2010
That means that we all travel togeather when the time comes.

Thanks qorax!

lova

Oct 24, 2009
hey everyone

i know maybe this may sound repetitive but here goes...

i had sent my full application to london visa office on 3rd March , my deadline was 18th March..I am a little confused about the AOR ??
what exactly is it and when should i expect to receive it ??

also regarding checking my application status online ...how should i check it ? i have received a letter from CIO initially in my email informing me about my eligibility and to send full documents which mentions a refrence no. with the letter B , do i use that to check it and what is the initial status i should expect ??

Thanx
Lova

alice_chained

Star Member
Jan 20, 2009
dear Lova,

Yes you can check your application online with your b# that you initially received, but it will just say received by the visa office.

Normally it takes about a month or so to receive the AOR from the visa office.

Kind regards,

Alice.

AUH Process

Star Member
Feb 11, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2007
Hi everyone,

A couple questions regarding PPR if anyone has personal experience:

1 - If I am out of the country for an extended period of time when I receive the PPR, can I send and receive passport from/in the other country, or do I need to be in the UAE?

2 - If I specify on the PPR for my passport to be returned to a family member in the UAE, will the courier company oblige, or can it only be returned to the passport holder?

Any views will be highly appreciated.

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
Hi Qorax,

All the best for your landing and also i appreciate greatly the fantastic work which you are doing on the various forums.Hats of and kudos to your patience,perseverance and committment to all the mebers of the forum.

I have a question.
Do we have to show all the landing fiunds in cash or can i carry a few amount ahich will less than the stipulated amount as landing funds,and the balance proof in bank statements.For eg:for a family of 3 the stipulated funds are around 17k.Can i carry say around 10k in cash and the balance amount in bank statements lying in the bank account in India.

Pls confirm.

Thanks

Siawo

Star Member
Feb 24, 2010
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
May 12, 2009
AOR Received.
May 20, 2009
Med's Request
Feb 1, 2010
Med's Done....
Mar 13, 2010
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 07, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 18. 2010
Extract from : http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Disclosure of funds
If you are carrying more than C$10,000, tell a Canadian official when you arrive in Canada. If you do not tell an official, you may be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:

•cash
•securities in bearer form (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills) or
•negotiable instruments in bearer form (for example, bankers' drafts, cheques, travellers' cheques or money orders).

penpal said:
Hi Qorax,

All the best for your landing and also i appreciate greatly the fantastic work which you are doing on the various forums.Hats of and kudos to your patience,perseverance and committment to all the mebers of the forum.

I have a question.
Do we have to show all the landing fiunds in cash or can i carry a few amount ahich will less than the stipulated amount as landing funds,and the balance proof in bank statements.For eg:for a family of 3 the stipulated funds are around 17k.Can i carry say around 10k in cash and the balance amount in bank statements lying in the bank account in India.

Pls confirm.

Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
penpal said:
Hi Qorax,

I have a question.

Pls confirm.

Thanks
Hi,

Siawo is right. I just replied to u on the other forum as well. Multiple formats to the above are permitted.

About the Bank Statements:
I'm not absolutely sure, but thought that it was allowed, till late. However, recently one of my folks landed & her UK-Stanchart Bank statement was accepted... she told me that Indian & other third world countries' statements are not accepted, it seems.

Regards,
Qorax