july 17 2014
Med's Done....
March 2014
Interview........
Na
Passport Req..
Dec 21 2014
IM5540

thank you, here is another one confusing question on the spousal sponsorship Questionnaire IM5540:
I am the sponsor, my wife the applicant.. we both reside in Dubai.

#15: are you a naturalized Canadian or permanent resident of Canada?
Answer options : Yes or No
My answer is YEs (since i am a Canadian citizen by naturalization)
if YEs: on what date did you become a permanent resident? (so is that the date i entered
Canada? or is that the date my PR papers were issued before i move to Canada? or even the date my citizenship was issued?)
it gets even trickier on the next question:
"Which Canadian Visa Office issued your immigrant Visa or confirmation of permanent residence?" ( how the heck do i know that? i moved to Canada 18 years ago. How do i even get this information? what Canadian visa offices are there? should i just put like :Toronto? )

Anothe question from "Application to sponsor From IMM1344:
Question 7:
are you a permanent resident or naturalized Canadian citizen... provide the date on which you obtained this status?

well, im a naturalized Canadian and received my citizenship card in 1999. but on my citizenship card, there is no "Day,Month" on the issue date, its just the year. it says : 1999. when filling out this question however, by default they need Day, Month and Year, otherwise the application will not validate.
Anybody else have issues with this?
what should i Do?
Help Please.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
akbardxb said:
It's been two weeks but the address is still not updated after landing. Any thoughts anyone on how long it might take ?
If your application is already marked as complete, this will not update now. Just forget about it :)

Regards,

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
ARAD said:
IM5540

thank you, here is another one confusing question on the spousal sponsorship Questionnaire IM5540:
I am the sponsor, my wife the applicant.. we both reside in Dubai.

#15: are you a naturalized Canadian or permanent resident of Canada?
Answer options : Yes or No
My answer is YEs (since i am a Canadian citizen by naturalization)
if YEs: on what date did you become a permanent resident? (so is that the date i entered
Canada? or is that the date my PR papers were issued before i move to Canada? or even the date my citizenship was issued?) You became a permanent resident on the date you landed in Canada the first time, not the date on your PR papers.
it gets even trickier on the next question:
"Which Canadian Visa Office issued your immigrant Visa or confirmation of permanent residence?" ( how the heck do i know that? i moved to Canada 18 years ago. How do i even get this information? what Canadian visa offices are there? should i just put like :Toronto? ) You should have retained your "Confirmation of Permanent Residence" document. You will need this document again at the time you retire. The most straight forward way would be to request a copy of your COPR from the Canadian government (a very long tiring process, from what people tell me). Toronto does not issue immigrant visas. Does the country you immigrated from have a visa office? You parents may have filed the application there.

Anothe question from "Application to sponsor From IMM1344:
Question 7:
are you a permanent resident or naturalized Canadian citizen... provide the date on which you obtained this status?

well, im a naturalized Canadian and received my citizenship card in 1999. but on my citizenship card, there is no "Day,Month" on the issue date, its just the year. it says : 1999. when filling out this question however, by default they need Day, Month and Year, otherwise the application will not validate. Do you have the citizenship certificate lying somewhere in storage?
Anybody else have issues with this?
what should i Do?
Help Please.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
dear Akbar,

Share your good experience at least, where are you?

ARAD

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AbuDhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2014
AOR Received.
july 17 2014
Med's Done....
March 2014
Interview........
Na
Passport Req..
Dec 21 2014
thank you rizmayo
will be checking for that with my parents back in Canada. meanwhile, here is another one:
on "Document Checklist for Sponsor-IMM5491" Question 20 says:
"if you are a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must provide proof that you intend to live in Canada with your spouse..."
Then again the "RESIDENCY QUESTIONNAIRE, ABU DHABI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES" asks almost the same thing from the applicant:
"If your sponsor is not living in Canada, please explain why and when he/she intends to return to reside in Canada once your visa is issued. Please provide as many details as possible."

seems like the same question asked once from sponsor and once from applicant.
can our answer to these two questions be the same?
Should we give the same answer?
is there any difference in these two question?
what i mean is, if i answer this question for the Sponsor Checklist, can i just copy and paste the same answer and attach it to the Questionnaire?

Also, what is the best way to answer this question. what points should i focus on?

Thank you

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
ARAD said:
thank you rizmayo
will be checking for that with my parents back in Canada. meanwhile, here is another one:
on "Document Checklist for Sponsor-IMM5491" Question 20 says:
"if you are a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must provide proof that you intend to live in Canada with your spouse..."
Then again the "RESIDENCY QUESTIONNAIRE, ABU DHABI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES" asks almost the same thing from the applicant:
"If your sponsor is not living in Canada, please explain why and when he/she intends to return to reside in Canada once your visa is issued. Please provide as many details as possible."

seems like the same question asked once from sponsor and once from applicant.
can our answer to these two questions be the same? Yes, but your answer is from your perspective and her answer is from her perspective.
Should we give the same answer?
is there any difference in these two question? No. As spouses it is likely you should both have the same goal about where you want to settle down
what i mean is, if i answer this question for the Sponsor Checklist, can i just copy and paste the same answer and attach it to the Questionnaire? Don't copy paste, change it to look different, so it looks like you both took time to answer your questions

Also, what is the best way to answer this question. what points should i focus on? Well this is the obvious part, the more evidences you can give that you will both live in Canada once she gets her PR, the better. If you have some property in Canada, pay taxes in Canada on your UAE income show that. Get your friends and family to write letters that they look forward to welcoming your new bride when she moves to Canada with you. If you and your spouse have made progress looking for a job or establishing a business in Canada, show evidence of that.

Thank you

nkalra

Champion Member
Sep 8, 2011
Rizmayo, Nekeol

Based on your experience in recent times within how much time does Security checks being completed for applicants from Indian origin applied from Dubai as LVO. Meaning to say after 3rd line how much time to go for PPR. I am FSWP 2013 applicant.

Thank you in advance.

Ibasco

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Good morning guys, just received our passports with our visa and CoPR. I'm just wondering, there is no picture on our visas only in the CoPR., is it the same for others who received their own visas and CoPR? Many thanks

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Ibasco said:
Good morning guys, just received our passports with our visa and CoPR. I'm just wondering, there is no picture on our visas only in the CoPR., is it the same for others who received their own visas and CoPR? Many thanks
There is no photograph on the visa.

Congrats on getting your COPR.

Regards,

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
nkalra said:
Rizmayo, Nekeol

Based on your experience in recent times within how much time does Security checks being completed for applicants from Indian origin applied from Dubai as LVO. Meaning to say after 3rd line how much time to go for PPR. I am FSWP 2013 applicant.

Thank you in advance.
It depends on case to case. Generally if you have had some travel history then your background checks take longer.

If your medicals were requested after they completed background checks, then you could get your PPR any day now.

Regardsm

nkalra

Champion Member
Sep 8, 2011
rizmayo said:
It depends on case to case. Generally if you have had some travel history then your background checks take longer.

If your medicals were requested after they completed background checks, then you could get your PPR any day now.

Regardsm
Thanks Rizmayo,

Considering if the have initiated CSIS checks after MR, in this case approximately for Indian origin LVO applicant how much time I can expect for PPR to come.

FYI, I have been interviewed in FEB in AUH VO

Thank you

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
nkalra said:
Thanks Rizmayo,

Considering if the have initiated CSIS checks after MR, in this case approximately for Indian origin LVO applicant how much time I can expect for PPR to come.

FYI, I have been interviewed in FEB in AUH VO

Thank you
Considering you were called for interview already, the background checks have already started, if not completed already.

Normally, if BG checks are not completed before the medicals, PPR comes after 3 to 4 months of medicals. But like I said it is case to case.

Regards,

nkalra

Champion Member
Sep 8, 2011
rizmayo said:
Considering you were called for interview already, the background checks have already started, if not completed already.

Normally, if BG checks are not completed before the medicals, PPR comes after 3 to 4 months of medicals. But like I said it is case to case.

Regards,
Perfect, thanks a lot Rimayo.
God Bless. :)

proby

Jan 4, 2014
Dear Friends,

Can anyone tell me who issues traveler cheques in dubai. UAE Exchange, Rostmani, Orient Exchange & all other exchange houses en-cash it but don't issue.

Regards

Proby