Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-10-2009
Doc's Request.
22-12-2009
File Transfer...
30-12-2009 (complete package sent 30-03-2010)
LANDED..........
Feb 2013
Hi Guys,

Does any one have the same timeline and status like below? Is it normal? My visa office is London and my current eCAS Status is "IN PROCESS" as of late March 2011

• We received your application for permanent residence on October 21, 2009.
  • We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on December 22, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  • Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review. (This was in March 2010, and within the 120 days limit)
  • We transferred your application to the London England office on December 30, 2009. The London England office may contact you.
  • In Late March 2011, my eCAS status changed to "IN PROCESS" but nothing new was added to detailed history
  • I have NOT received any 2nd AOR's or any communication for that matter from London Visa Office
  • I have NOT received medical request forms

Thanks
Hamed

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
REYNOLD said:
hi biju,
i already received my MR and im planning to have it this weekend...also pay for RPRF.
CONGRATS Reynold :D :D

good luck dear

Happy to hear the files are moving

Biju

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
kur761 said:
Dear Quorax,
I have received an e mail from OTTAWA office and requested to send a scan copy of my wife's passport as when I submitted my documents last year , at that time four months left for its expiry.
My question is that this is only additional documents they require after thorough examination of my documents OR when they feel that which document is missing ask us?
Regards,
hi buddy

as of now this is the addt doc thy require for taking ur file to the next step, mostly thy can ask PCC or appli forms again in later stage

Biju

bestpal

Aug 5, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0111 Financial Controller
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
Doc's Request.
14-01-2010
AOR Received.
2nd on 25-06-2010
IELTS Request
8 Bands
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
PPs sent 05-11-2012! Visas stamped 15-11-2012 recd PPs back on 01-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
20 January 2013;,as God willed! Thank God for mercies!
hassanbukhari said:
Hii folks, I am moving to canada on 27th of this month. I have following question.(tried to search the forum but can't find specific info)

I have contacted my hsbc bank to make a draft in canadian dollar but they refused and told me that only US dollar draft is possible. Can i take my landing funds in US$ ?

I heard that we can take 10,000 $ cash. Is it applicable for whole family or individual.
RAK Bank also issues DDs in Canadian Dollars. Perhaps UAE Exchange/ENBD also do the same. Sometimes Banks insist that they issue such Drafts only to their customers. Better talk to them. Exchage houses have attractive exchange rates and most probably, you can save few scores (of Dirhams).

10,000/- Cash dollars limits applies to individuals but you must keep and carry the receipts to prove that they are from legitimate channels. Would'nt advise anyone to have more than this amount as Hard Cash even for a family of 4-5, though! Any safety concern would deter that automatically, nahin?

Cheers!

Best Wishes,

Bestpal

Nadeem_jee

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2010
U.A.E
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2010
Doc's Request.
30-04-2010
Nomination.....
00-00-00
AOR Received.
30-04-2010/1st AOR
IELTS Request
01-04-2010
File Transfer...
9-06-2010/25-08-2010 2nd AOR
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
00-00-00
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
REYNOLD said:
hi biju,
i already received my MR and im planning to have it this weekend...also pay for RPRF.

Mabroooooooook Reynold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bestpal

Aug 5, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0111 Financial Controller
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
Doc's Request.
14-01-2010
AOR Received.
2nd on 25-06-2010
IELTS Request
8 Bands
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
PPs sent 05-11-2012! Visas stamped 15-11-2012 recd PPs back on 01-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
20 January 2013;,as God willed! Thank God for mercies!
Please read a member's (of the PUNJABI thread) landing experience and enrich yourself with a warm and overwhelming response by the Canadian Immg Officer, when his 1 and half year old child accidentally switches off his PC, at the Toronto Airport!

jassi_cool1980 said:
hello guys landed in toranto on 9th of june

caught jet airways from amritsar to toranto via new delhi. service is real cool , in flight meal was good as well . leg space was comforting.

however i must say experience at Brussels airport wasn't pleasing , they opened only one gate for security checks for three flights and you can imagine the ques and it was horror time with kid

landed at Pearson international on time , took five min to complete the whole process with immigration officers, only asked for how much money i brought in nothing else. NEITHER I PREFILLED ANY FORM FOR PR NOR DID I PREFILLED ANY B4 FORMS . AND NOBODY ASKED SO I DIDN'T CARE.( pr forms they WILL fill it for you on the immigration counter if you have address to give)

little bit funny incident happened at immigration back office , as me and my wife were busy collecting the information booklets on canada and ontario (should go and collect those even if you have the knowledge and skills) my daughter went into supervisor's office, and since nobody was there she climbed to the chair and started using his computer she is only one and half but she knows how to operate , like keyboard and mouse can do basic functions . so she switched it off, as we along with couple of officers went around looking for her . and we only realized that she was sitting in office when somebody went into the office to inquire about the server shut down, which she did. nobody made fuss about in fact supervisor appolizied to us that he left his door opened like that .welcome relief from India.

my friend was at the airport to receive us , so that went in nicely.

on 10th , i went to get registered for sin number, opened bank account with td canada , cleared my written exam for driving licence and will give road test next week . and then will buy my car . it is better if you have your own car it saves lot of time in travelling and open up whole new opportunities for you. Not going for work or employment agencies right now , my wife and kid are going back in couple of weeks so just gonna enjoy till they are here , keeping aside all the worries of work and settlement. actually considering volunteer work when i will be free after couple of weeks . should be good for resume and references.

ok there is one more thing , if you can buy your phone from here will be good instead of bringing from India, specially don't buy new one and bring it over here , it will open more billing or prepaid plans for you . i had a blackberry which i used in India , brought the same here but it didn't work. and i have nobody's contact details. so i am sorry if i haven't called anyone here in Canada or back home in India . for simple reason that i don't have anybody's number right now. so do me a favor and PM me your number i will get back to you as soon as i can.

i will be busy twomarrow and day after twomarrow going to see Niagara falls and going to a freind's place. will stay there for couple of days. so i will get back as soon as i can.

thanks and regards

Jaspreet Singh
We have all made a right decision to migrate to Canada!. Now leave the reigns of destiny to God, who anyways is the Ruler!

Best Wishes!

Bestpal

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
bestpal said:
Please read a member's (of the PUNJABI thread) landing experience and enrich yourself with a warm and overwhelming response by the Canadian Immg Officer, when his 1 and half year old child accidentally switches off his PC, at the Toronto Airport!

We have all made a right decision to migrate to Canada!. Now leave the reigns of destiny to God, who anyways is the Ruler!

Best Wishes!

Bestpal

Very true BEST PAL!! and thanks for sharing this wonderful incident..!!

Cheers...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
kur761 said:
Dear Quorax,

I have received an e mail from OTTAWA office and requested to send a scan copy of my wife's passport as when I submitted my documents last year , at that time four months left for its expiry.

My question is that this is only additional documents they require after thorough examination of my documents OR when they feel that which document is missing ask us?

Regards,
Any/many addnl docs may or may not be asked for all applicants. It depends on the quality & quantity of the supporting papers that we submit. As her pps were expiring - thus, the VO requested an update... it had also costed u another BF'D -- meaning: Delay, which is due to your own folly. It's wise to preempt anything that would unnecessarily waste our processing time/s.

Qorax

hassanbukhari

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you all for your kind advice. Sorry to ask one more question I have around 50,000 CAD $ which i converted when the dollar was going up. But now i am stuck with it as no exchange is accepting it and they want me to convert it back to Dirhams and then they will send CAD.

Please advice what to do , thanks in advance.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
hassanbukhari said:
Thank you all for your kind advice. Sorry to ask one more question I have around 50,000 CAD $ which i converted when the dollar was going up. But now i am stuck with it as no exchange is accepting it and they want me to convert it back to Dirhams and then they will send CAD.

Please advice what to do , thanks in advance.
Carry that CAD in 'cash'. There's no danger in that. I brought-in more than that [in cash] when I entered Canada. I had also been converting my Dirhams into CADs whenever the market rates were in favour. And just before flying I obtained a separate draft as well, from Al Fardan Exch - Deira, keeping the previously obtained CAD cash intact.

Relax & go for your landing, in peace.

Qorax

REYNOLD

May 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-11
File Transfer...
06-06-11
Med's Request
03-06-11
Med's Done....
03-07-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-11
LANDED..........
Soon in Vancouver
bijupv007 said:
CONGRATS Reynold :D :D

good luck dear

Happy to hear the files are moving

Biju
Thanks biju! hope to hear good news from everyone soon!

REYNOLD

May 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-11
File Transfer...
06-06-11
Med's Request
03-06-11
Med's Done....
03-07-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-11
LANDED..........
Soon in Vancouver
Nadeem_jee said:
Mabroooooooook Reynold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Nadeem!

heatspine

Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-03-2010
File Transfer...
08-06-2010
Med's Request
02-09-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
24-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011
LANDED..........
20-07-2011
Happy Father's Day to all the Wonderful Dad out there. While waiting I read this site that deals with issues and information when you Migrate to Canada.

Ameer Algwafi

Star Member
May 15, 2011
SUDAN
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12- 2006
Doc's Request.
02-02- 2007
IELTS Request
07-01- 2009
Med's Request
16 -06 -2010
Med's Done....
02-08-2010
Interview........
W
Passport Req..
16-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2011
LANDED..........
27 - 06 -2011 Alhamdellah
Bonjourcanada said:
Dear Ameer,

You have to carry photographs of all the jewellery you are carrying along and bringing-in in future. They will stamp the photographs and give them back to you, which you should carry when you move there permanently. All the jewellery should be listed in goods to accompany or goods to follow, as applies.
Let all be well.
Bonjour Canada
Dear Friends
In the money declaration form, there are parts section for filling name, address and etc, labelled Part A (information on person on whose behalf currency or montary instruments are being transported or shipped), Part B (Information on entity.......), Part C (Information on importation or exportation), Part D (Information on person transporting or shipping currency or monatary instrument), Part E (Information about currency and montary instruments being inported or exported). I am a bit confused, which part to fill beside Part E. I want to declare money should i fill Part A or B or C or D. Waiting for your help.

Regards
Ameer

wah

Mar 17, 2011
hani36 said:
Dear,
I saw ur query, do not inform ur bank (from where u have taken the mortgage loan) for the time being.....as long as u have not filled out or signed any form where u undertake to stay in the country till ur loan is paid off, then i guess it is ok for u to go anywhere....but make sure u dont default on your monthly payment
The bank, where ur salary is being transferred, will get notified by your employer once you resign
The bank where ur salary is being transferred will not inform the bank (from where u have taken a loan) abt ur job change etc unless u took a salary letter from them which mentioned that they will inform the bank (from where u have taken a loan) of the same
But do try to get advice from others who are working in the banking industry
Moreover feel free to drop me a personal message if u want to share more details and would like more info/advice
Hanni,
I want to ask in more detail on this. How can i send personal message