+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Draft!!!

MOONGS

Star Member
May 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Meena,
i had a similar situation, my banker made a draft in favour of "Receiver General of Canada" though i had instructed him to make it as "Receiver General for Canada". Instead of sending the DD with wrong name , i asked the banker to make the changes. He just cancelled "of" and wrote "for" and then he and another officer put their signature where the correction was done on the draft. This corrected draft was accepted by CIC.

In your case, you can either send the draft as is and wait. Incase CIC NS doesn't accept it, they would send it back and ask for a fresh draft. Or you can get the correction done before sending the docs so that time is unnecessarily not wasted and you would be relieved of all tensions.

Moongs.

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
Thanks for your reply. But I talked in ICICI Bank and they said it woulld take 8-10 days more in cancelling the Draft.

I am really worried what to do. Somobody on Forum told me this. But when I saw Checklist it was different.

OK tell me how long it took for you to have corrections and sending the correct one.

MOONGS

Star Member
May 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is strange. I also had my draft made at ICICI. I asked for the draft in the morning and i got it in the evening. I saw the mistake on the draft in the evening when i went to collect the draft. The banker, immediately made the changes and got it signed.

I hope your branch deals with forex Drafts or does it send the request for foreign drafts to some other branch? In that case i suppose, it may take some time. The correction needs to be signed by the same people who have initially signed your draft( it is usually signed by 2 officers). Its the similar scenario wherein you issue a cheque and if you make some corrections in the same cheque, you need to sign it again.

Moongs

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
I am worried and confused if I send my application or not.

Please guide.

MOONGS

Star Member
May 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Meena, try asking the bank that you just need to make a correction in the existing draft and not cancel the draft and reissue a new draft. Will that also take 8 to 10 days?

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.