+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DOUBTS? "Can I 'Land' anywhere" matter -Which POE to Choose !!!

Cairo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Qorax,

We are landing in Toronto to finish or PR on FSW basis and we want to move and live in Montreal. My questions are:

1- After how long can we move to Montreal after finishing the formalities in Toronto? Are we supposed to prove something to Quebec, especially that we do not have the CSQ?
2- Can kids go to government french or english schools without any hassle? They are only english speaking.
3- If yes, will the local school accept their admission easily, knowing that they are not selected through the Quebec system?
4- Will the whole matter have a future impact on residency procedures? It will be imminent that we will apply for citizenship through Quebec as all our life will be basedthere.

Thanks in advance for your help and support.

ozzy_

Feb 22, 2011
If a person's intended destination is Alberta, he can land anywhere except Quebec without problem. That's ok. My question is, after completing the landing in Alberta; can this person go and settle in Montreal? What problems would he face? Or is that totally acceptable? Does he need to obtain a CSQ? If so what is the procedure for that?

sirempe

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Qorax

i have this question that is bothering me and I need your help.
I am a first time immigrant. I just received my Visa from the Canadian Embassy. I intend to stay in Edmonton, Alberta.

I have learned from this post this I can land anywhere thank you for that. But are there immigration officers in Edmonton? I have learn from a friend that I have to land only at vancouver or Toronto since I am a first timer and If I will land directly to Edmonton the immigration officer there will ask me to go back to vancouver or toronto. Is this correct?

Please help.

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
sirempe said:
Qorax

i have this question that is bothering me and I need your help.
I am a first time immigrant. I just received my Visa from the Canadian Embassy. I intend to stay in Edmonton, Alberta.

I have learned from this post this I can land anywhere thank you for that. But are there immigration officers in Edmonton? I have learn from a friend that I have to land only at vancouver or Toronto since I am a first timer and If I will land directly to Edmonton the immigration officer there will ask me to go back to vancouver or toronto. Is this correct?

Please help.
Could there be an international airport without immigration officials? My wife landed at Calagary. Why landing at Edmonton should should be a problem? Please travel without any worries to any POE.

a_mumtaz

May 2, 2011
Hello Everybody,

Hope you all are doing well. I got my immigration recently and would like to ask few question.

1) How long does it take to get PR card after landing?
2) I am willing to land in Alberta (probably staying in hostel) but My safe mailing address is in Toronto can I give Toronto address to receive PR card while landing in Alberta?
3) Is there any way I can divert my mail from Alberta to Toronto through the post office after paying fee as its possible in UK
4 Does it takes 90 days to register for medical in All provinces or is there any exception.
5) I am not carrying any thing with me apart from my clothes do I still need to present the house hold stuff list that usually migrants have
6) Is there any strict restrictions to convert my credential (degrees in Computer science, IT and teaching qualification) from uk. I mean is that impossible to get employemnt in IT support field or teaching field without these. Please reply seperatly if IT support does not require but for Teaching it is essential.

7) What important things do I need to have after landing such as PRC, SIN, Medical, Bank account etc

Your prompt response would be highly appreciated.

Best of luck for every body!

Thanks & regards,

Mumtaz

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
a_mumtaz said:
Hello Everybody,

Hope you all are doing well. I got my immigration recently and would like to ask few question.

Your prompt response would be highly appreciated.

Best of luck for every body!

Thanks & regards,

Mumtaz
1) How long does it take to get PR card after landing?
Around 6 weeks.

2) I am willing to land in Alberta (probably staying in hostel) but My safe mailing address is in Toronto can I give Toronto address to receive PR card while landing in Alberta?
Yes, u can. If the BSO enquires about it - u could tell him/her that u r visiting friends & would be moving to Toronto in a couple of days.

3) Is there any way I can divert my mail from Alberta to Toronto through the post office after paying fee as its possible in UK
Yes. CanadaPost has that facility for $30/month [I'm not too sure about the price though, but it's in that vicinity]

4 Does it takes 90 days to register for medical in All provinces or is there any exception.
No. In Alberta & Manitoba u r covered from Day-1... rest all provinces - YES.

5) I am not carrying any thing with me apart from my clothes do I still need to present the house hold stuff list that usually migrants have
No.

6) Is there any strict restrictions to convert my credential (degrees in Computer science, IT and teaching qualification) from uk. I mean is that impossible to get employemnt in IT support field or teaching field without these. Please reply seperatly if IT support does not require but for Teaching it is essential.
It's a wise thing to do... but, not 100% requirement - many get their jobs w/out the FCA [Foreign Credentials Assessment].

7) What important things do I need to have after landing such as PRC, SIN, Medical, Bank account etc
That's about it... plus Temp Health Insurance [in other provinces], a Cellphone plan, a good neighborhood for rentals...

virgiemaricel

Jul 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2005
Med's Request
05-2010
Med's Done....
19-10-2010/ sent to CEM on 4-11-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2011
LANDED..........
11-05-2011
@ Qorax: Speaking of cellphone plans, what network provider can you recommend?

We will land in Toronto. Will provide Toronto address for the PR cards but we will stay in Montreal. Is this ok? Will there be a problem doing so?

Will get Bluecross insurance for the next 90 days. Which address should we use? The one in Toronto although we won't really stay there or sould we provide the Montreal address?

Thanks in advance.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
virgiemaricel said:
@Qorax:

1. Speaking of cellphone plans, what network provider can you recommend?

2. We will land in Toronto. Will provide Toronto address for the PR cards but we will stay in Montreal. Is this ok? Will there be a problem doing so?

3. Will get Bluecross insurance for the next 90 days. Which address should we use? The one in Toronto although we won't really stay there or sould we provide the Montreal address?

Thanks in advance.
1. I recommend WINDMOBILE for all newcomers.
2. Yes, it's OK.
3. The Health Insurance guys should have your 'actual' residential address.

Qorax

virgiemaricel

Jul 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2005
Med's Request
05-2010
Med's Done....
19-10-2010/ sent to CEM on 4-11-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2011
LANDED..........
11-05-2011
@ Qorax: Thanks so much for the valuable info Sir!

babypooh

Jan 26, 2010
Dear Qorax,

Can landing anywhere apply to PNP? I will meet my daughter and plan it in Vancouver. I have read in your thread that it can be in Edmonton or anywhere irregardless of what is stated for your POE. Will this apply to me? You have stated that if your a PNP you have ties/obligation to stay. Will that apply in MB? I thought once a PR you can move and find a work anywhere. Do you know about the immunization record needed for school? Where can I download the form? Is this required prior to entry to Canada?

Thanks a lot!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
babypooh said:
Dear Qorax,

Can landing anywhere apply to PNP? I will meet my daughter and plan it in Vancouver. I have read in your thread that it can be in Edmonton or anywhere irregardless of what is stated for your POE. Will this apply to me? You have stated that if your a PNP you have ties/obligation to stay. Will that apply in MB? I thought once a PR you can move and find a work anywhere. Do you know about the immunization record needed for school? Where can I download the form? Is this required prior to entry to Canada?

Thanks a lot!
Yes, for a PNP u r required to demonstrate at the Border Post that u intend to reside in your province. So, if u r 'landing' thru another POE [in your case Vancouver-BC] the BSO will question u. All u have to do is to show him the further movement plan/tkts & state that u r visiting friends here - and would move on in a day or two.

Yes, u can 'land'@Vancouver-BC being a nominee of MB.

For the Immunization Forms - pls read here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t61790.0.html

Qorax

babypooh

Jan 26, 2010
Thanks for the immediate reply. I plan to land at Coutts or maybe in SK since there is flooding in MB. My question is for my daughter who is in the Philippines, if she can land in Edmonton or is it specifically in Vancouver? I will meet her in the airport. I will land first since I am in Canada. I can tell at the border that I intend to stay in MB but there are plans of movement in AB. Will it be ok even if I am a PR through PNP to move?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
babypooh said:
Thanks for the immediate reply. I plan to land at Coutts or maybe in SK since there is flooding in MB. My question is for my daughter who is in the Philippines, if she can land in Edmonton or is it specifically in Vancouver? I will meet her in the airport. I will land first since I am in Canada. I can tell at the border that I intend to stay in MB but there are plans of movement in AB. Will it be ok even if I am a PR through PNP to move?
Same applies to your daughter. She can land anywhere, with an intention to leave for the destined province asap.

But, for u 'it is not Ok' to intimate the BSO about your plans to move to AB, 'coz as a PNP u r required to stay in your province for sometime.

Qorax

babypooh

Jan 26, 2010
What is the time frame for me to stay as a PR through PNP? It only states "intend to stay." I plan to move once I receive my PRC. I think this has been a question for some of the threads too. Thanks a lot for the info where my daughter can land. Now, I can check for flights wherein she can go directly to Edmonton. But there is a connecting flight from Vancouver to Edmonton. Will it matter? That's why in my mind I need to meet her in Vancouver.

Other than the immunization records, what else do I need to have on hand for my daughter for her school? I know I need baptismal certificate and first communion. We are Catholics and saw that these are requirements if enrolling her in a Catholic school. Does she still need a school record from the Philippines? I might miss some important papers.