+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does this mean we have been approved?

Quelaag

May 15, 2019
Hi there!
I just got a new message a few minutes ago:

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Furthermore, we are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office in IRCC VANCOUVER will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.

This was an inland application with the applicant living in Canada and being out of status for a few years.
Does this mean we have been approved and the applicant's status is going to be restored?
The application status on the website has not been updated yet and still says the application is in progress, so I'm a bit confused.
Thank you!

Reactions: msb

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there!
I just got a new message a few minutes ago:

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Furthermore, we are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office in IRCC VANCOUVER will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.

This was an inland application with the applicant living in Canada and being out of status for a few years.
Does this mean we have been approved and the applicant's status is going to be restored?
The application status on the website has not been updated yet and still says the application is in progress, so I'm a bit confused.
Thank you!
Yes - it means you have been approved.

Status won't be restored until you attend the landing inteview and PR is granted.

Quelaag

May 15, 2019
Yes - it means you have been approved.

Status won't be restored until you attend the landing inteview and PR is granted.
That's fabulous, thank you, we are so happy! Do you know how long does it take on average to get the landing interview?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi @scylla! If you don't mind can I ask you a couple of questions regarding document checklist?
I'm really not that familiar with it. Suggest you post your questions to the forum.