+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does student visa rejection have any effect in spousal PR?

saikatz

Dec 10, 2011
Hello there,

I was refused 3 times for higher studies in Canada. I got married to a girl who is a PR holder in Canada. We launched our spousal PR application (outbound) in September 2012. I am studying masters in Finland now and my wife is in Canada.

I was wondering, since i was rejected three times for TRV, will that have any effect in my family class application? although i have mentioned it well and with application number in my PR application. Since Canada did not allow me to come for a masters, i came to Finland to study and studying now.

Please advice. Regards

waitingsince2004

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
28-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-02-2021
LANDED..........
28-10-2015
saikatz said:
Hello there,

I was refused 3 times for higher studies in Canada. I got married to a girl who is a PR holder in Canada. We launched our spousal PR application (outbound) in September 2012. I am studying masters in Finland now and my wife is in Canada.

I was wondering, since i was rejected three times for TRV, will that have any effect in my family class application? although i have mentioned it well and with application number in my PR application. Since Canada did not allow me to come for a masters, i came to Finland to study and studying now.

Please advice. Regards
No It wont effect om your Spousal PR application. But VO may call you for an interview to see if you are in a bonafide relationship and marriage is not for the convenience.

Good Luck

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you had only been rejected once - then I would have said no impact. However since you have been rejected three times, there will likely be some impact on your application. CIC will likely take a much closer look at your relationship with your wife to ensure it is genuine. Since you have applied three times to come to Canada, it will look to CIC like you really want to come here and they will want to make sure your relationship with your wife hasn't been created for the sole purpose of getting to Canada. Hopefully you included a great deal of supporting evidence in your application to prove your relationship is real.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Agree with scylla. The more failed attempts you have to get into Canada (or any other Western country), the worse it looks. One point in your favour is that you are now studying in Finland and married to a Canadian, so it does not look like you were desperately trying to get into Canada.
The visa officer may have questions about this, but you should still be able to get a PR visa.

a.viramgami

Feb 18, 2013
Hi Saikatz,

I've exactly similar case and I'm equally worried. The only difference is I'm living in my home country. I would really like to know progress of your application. Please reply soon.

Regards,

Abhay