+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does IELTS mandatory to be qualified

alimdrajab

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
I submitted my full doc in singapore office. I did not submit IELTS test score. Besides, I submitted some supporting document climing my english proficiency. To be qualified I need 5 point from language . Do you think the visa office can provide me 5 point based on my supporting paper or they will aske IELTS score from me or simply the will reject my application.

Please share your experience especially I am expecting suggestion from senior member.

spprivate

Star Member
Feb 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/05/2010
Doc's Request.
05/06/2010
AOR Received.
12/09/2010
It all depends on the VO and his thoughts.Keep your fingers crossed.

chef

Star Member
Mar 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alimdrajab said:
I submitted my full doc in singapore office. I did not submit IELTS test score. Besides, I submitted some supporting document climing my english proficiency. To be qualified I need 5 point from language . Do you think the visa office can provide me 5 point based on my supporting paper or they will aske IELTS score from me or simply the will reject my application.

Please share your experience especially I am expecting suggestion from senior member.
pls let me know abt ur process coz i have plans to do same ..

pls

pooja123

Feb 20, 2010
alimdrajab said:

Well it all depends on VO but your chances to yes are 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% ;
my logic is you need just 5 points for language.

upp942

May 27, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-May-2010
Doc's Request.
01-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
23-May-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with initial application
Med's Request
02-May-2012 (post mark)
Med's Done....
24-May-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-Nov-12
VISA ISSUED...
14-Nov-12
alimdrajab said:

hi alimdrajab

If you already have 67 points even without the language proficiency score, I would suggest to you to just submit supporting documents and save a few hundred dollars. Unfortunately, you need at least 5 points. If the visa officer, for reasons beyond your control, suddenly gives you a "0" on your supporting language proficiency documents, and because of the new rule regarding language proficiency, you will not be able to score the 67 points that you need and they will reject your application.

I would strongly suggest for you to take the IELTS.

alimdrajab

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
chef said:
pls let me know abt ur process coz i have plans to do same ..

pls

The medium of instruction in my university education was in english. And my University has provided a certificate in this regard. Aslo in my transcript of graduation wrtten as well. Overall the documents I submit reagrding the english proficiency is
(1) Transcript of my graduation that mentioned about the medium of instruction was in english
(2) A certificate about my english proficiency issued by the university adminstration
(3) An self explanation letter about my english proficiency( For example my current job facilitate me to practise english, indian subcontinent basically has strong english background because this region was ruled by british more than 200 years, and so on)

My e cas status is still : recieved by visa office:

Thank you all replier for sharing sharing their experience
whishing positive answer from visa office

cancer24

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-APR-10[CIO]
Doc's Request.
24-JUN-10
AOR Received.
27-JUL-10[2nd]
IELTS Request
16-Mar-10[Score 8]
File Transfer...
30-JUN-10
If you just needed 5 points, why didn't you take IELTS? You could have easily scored them and VO would have been happy too. It is still not too late - if you can manage to get early date please go ahead.

For things like PR, few extra bucks are always worth. Time is more precious now days.

alimdrajab said:

Dec 9, 2009
In my case i need 11 points and submitted supporting documents to prove proficiency in English and i got the visa without ielts, but it all depends on VO.

alimdrajab

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
21685 said:
In my case i need 11 points and submitted supporting documents to prove proficiency in English and i got the visa without ielts, but it all depends on VO.
Thank you for sharing your experience. Just I would like to know for myself few answers

(1)When did you get your visa from which office. Do your case was under the current priority scheme(I mean the 38 job criteria)?
(2) What is your moter language english or other one, what kind of supporting document did you submitted?

My case is in the priority scheme
If you dont mind please share. .

precious metals

Star Member
Apr 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DO GO FOR IELTS WITHOUT WASTING ANY MORE TIME.

FOR TRIAL U CAN SIT FOR IELTS EXAM WITH ONE WEEK TRAINING.

THIS WAY YOU CAN ASSESS YOURSELF.

IN CASE, IF YOU GET THE DESIRED SCORE, THEN IT WILL PROVE TO BE A BONUS FOR YOU WITHIN A SHORT SPAN OF TIME.

SOMEBODY SAID LONG TIME AGO >>>>> GOD HELP THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES.