+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents to carry during first time PR landing

Zubair881

Nov 18, 2022
Hi,
I was wondering what documents do I need to carry when landing in Canada for the first time? The official website just mentions passport, COPR and proof of funds along with the goods list.
Do I need to carry the original education certificates, birth certificate and so on? Or can I just keep a soft copy of other documents?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi,
I was wondering what documents do I need to carry when landing in Canada for the first time? The official website just mentions passport, COPR and proof of funds along with the goods list.
Do I need to carry the original education certificates, birth certificate and so on? Or can I just keep a soft copy of other documents?
I would suggest making a folder of all your docs and keeping it in your hand luggage incase. I always do that irrespective of the purpose of the visit.

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
passport, COPR and proof of funds along with the goods list.
That's all you need for landing.
That being said, you should have various other documents with you as you may need them when you apply for a job etc. and since these are important documents, it makes sense to have them in your hand luggage - so you will probably have them with you anyway. But you don't need them for the landing itself.