+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents needed for sponsoring parents

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear OP_POP,

I know there is now a raffle draw system. For which, you have to show your interest and just put in the names.
Then if you're lucky and your name has been pulled out, you have a window of some days/month in which you have to file in your complete application. Am also aware of the LICO salary requirement for last 3 years.

Want to hear from somebody out there, who has applied for their parents/grandparents ON THEIR OWN.

Kindly guide me through as to what docs you had assembled for the application. What hurdles you came across (if any). Fees, application number, time period, etc.

Also if there are any readers, who hired a consultant to do this work for them, kindly pitch in and guide us all, as to what paperwork/docs the consultant had asked for and went in with the actual application.

Thanks again !!
As replied to you before, read this and let us know if you have any specific question about it:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/apply.html

I applied for PGP myself, if you ask any specific question, i and many others would gladly help you.

Last edited:

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Shaikhzees et. al
Now you know who i was talking about :)
OP_POP Everyone's parents get old and will eventually take advantage of the medical here.
Regardless, I wish you good luck for your parents! No parents deserve to be away from their children.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shaikhzees

Shaikhzees

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Loved your response to someone's rant :) Just like a true Canadian ;)

In regard to the information you are looking for, your best bet is to follow the below link:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2018.513951/page-167

There is a lot of information which you could get from the link.

Unfortunately there are some contributors in the discussion who consider parents as 'bunch of old people' even though they themselves are sponsoring their parents (irony), but it's just few of them. You will know very soon who I am talking about :)

Hello gst8486 ,
Wish instead of "Like" there was a "Love" button as well // Would've happily used it on your post :)

Reactions: gst8486

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On Canadian citizenship certificate , what is the difference between Certificate number and UCI?
Both of these are unique number to each citizen, which one can be entered in the form?