+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents (LOI) needed to enter Canada (IEC)

leeakate

Mar 4, 2013
i received my Welcome Letter but i never received a Letter of Introduction. ive only just realised they are two different things and am flying into Canada in two months!! Do i need the LOI or is the welcome letter enough at port of entry??

HElp me please...

speedoflight

Star Member
Jul 17, 2007
Europe
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
where are you from?

to enter you need a TRV Visa
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp

leeakate said:
i received my Welcome Letter but i never received a Letter of Introduction. ive only just realised they are two different things and am flying into Canada in two months!! Do i need the LOI or is the welcome letter enough at port of entry??

HElp me please...

leeakate

Mar 4, 2013
im Australian, my international experience Canada application IEC (working holiday visa) has been approved and i received approval / authorisation/file number and a welcome letter stating that i would or should have recieved a Letter of Introduction (IMM5665) from CIC and should attatch this LOI to my Welcome Letter to present at port of entry.

i didnt recieve any separate email, will the file number and welcome letter be enough evidence that i am eligable for this visa.

thank you

Daveyboy

Mar 4, 2013
I entered Canada on a working holiday visa from Ireland about a year and a half ago. As far as I can remember they used the letter of introduction to issue me my open work permit at the port of entry, and it was sent to me via email. As well as the letter I brought proof of funds (recent bank statement), proof of medical insurance and police clearance. They checked non of these but I was advised to bring them. Also if you've booked a return flight home bring a copy of the itinerary (proves you leave after your stated stay) and just as a heads up don't have anything on your phone or laptop that may lead to you being denied entry, they can look at anything you have, I've just been told to leave the country after they read messages on my phone that indicated I'd been working illegally.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
leeakate said:

HElp me please...
CIC will send the LOI to your email when you applied my mail. If you applied online using your MyCIC account you should find
your LOI when you login to your MyCIC account and check your messages there.
Bring welcome letter from IEC and LOI from CIC to Canada, as well as supporting documents like bank statement, proof of insurance
and a return flight.

leeakate

Mar 4, 2013
thank you very much for your replies i appreciate your response

I finally found an email address and requested my LOL to be emailed to me as i didnt receive one in Sep 2012 when my welcome letter was emailed, i was lucky enough to get a quick response (two days) and have now printed it off ready for my entry into CANADA!!!

what an awesome service, i was fearing no response or delayed (too late) response and feel so relieved now.

Thanks again everyone for your time

BE SURE TO DOUBLE CHECK YOUR DOCUMENTS BEFORE YOU LEAVE EVERYONE I'M GLAD I DID. :)

alt10

Jan 21, 2013
Athens
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Daveyboy said:
I entered Canada on a working holiday visa from Ireland about a year and a half ago. As far as I can remember they used the letter of introduction to issue me my open work permit at the port of entry, and it was sent to me via email. As well as the letter I brought proof of funds (recent bank statement), proof of medical insurance and police clearance. They checked non of these but I was advised to bring them. Also if you've booked a return flight home bring a copy of the itinerary (proves you leave after your stated stay) and just as a heads up don't have anything on your phone or laptop that may lead to you being denied entry, they can look at anything you have, I've just been told to leave the country after they read messages on my phone that indicated I'd been working illegally.
would you be describe what happened at the port of entry ? What kind of question they ask you ? and which is the procedure ?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
alt10 said:
would you be describe what happened at the port of entry ? What kind of question they ask you ? and which is the procedure ?
you present your passport and LOI to the officer. he/she will then send you to the immigration office. you wait in line.
show your loi and passport again. if you applied for a young proffesionals visa they might ask for details about your job.
if its a WHV they might(!!!) ask you for proof of insurance for the duration of the stay, sufficient funds to support your stay for
2 months and a return ticket. they never wanted to see one of the things i mentioned, when I entered canada. just make sure
you have all the information ready.
took me about 30 minutes from the time i got off the plane until i was leaving the airport with my work permit.

alt10

Jan 21, 2013
Athens
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iam_toby said:
you present your passport and LOI to the officer. he/she will then send you to the immigration office. you wait in line.
show your loi and passport again. if you applied for a young proffesionals visa they might ask for details about your job.
if its a WHV they might(!!!) ask you for proof of insurance for the duration of the stay, sufficient funds to support your stay for
2 months and a return ticket. they never wanted to see one of the things i mentioned, when I entered canada. just make sure
you have all the information ready.
took me about 30 minutes from the time i got off the plane until i was leaving the airport with my work permit.
Just because you said that they have a look at your mobile phone.

alt10

Jan 21, 2013
Athens
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iam_toby said:
whats that? why would they look at your phone?!
I also asking. Check here http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/documents-loi-needed-to-enter-canada-iec-t136956.0.html;msg2119328#msg2119328

alt10

Jan 21, 2013
Athens
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iam_toby said:
sorry dude, i dont get your point. are you asking question or what?
Dear Toby , I ask the man who wrote it what happend there and they search on his phone.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Border officers are authorized to check your laptop or personal phone, that's right. But why would they check that?
If you haven't been arrested or were involved in whatever illegal stuff, you don't have to worry about anything.
I've been traveling for years with phone and laptop and my devices never got checked for messages or files. NEVER.
All that said, as long as you don't have illegal stuff on your personal devices, why are you worrying at all?