+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Document Translation for PR Application

danchavacr

Jul 12, 2017
Hello friends!

Some of the documents I have to submit for the PR application are in Spanish and I need to present both the original and a translated copy. I know that I can either have them translated by a Canadian-certified translator or by presenting an authenticated affidavit of the accuracy of the translation.

Does anyone know if they'll take translations from a foreign translator certified by my country's Ministry of Foreign Relations, whose signature would, in turn, be authenticated by the Canadian Embassy? Since Canada is not part of the Apostille Agreement, the process I just described is how people usually send documentation to Canada.

Thanks in advance!

Arod

May 15, 2017
Same question here. I also need to know this as I´ll be translating my documents in CR.

Let me know what you do.

Arslanellahi

Jun 21, 2016
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends!

Some of the documents I have to submit for the PR application are in Spanish and I need to present both the original and a translated copy. I know that I can either have them translated by a Canadian-certified translator or by presenting an authenticated affidavit of the accuracy of the translation.

Does anyone know if they'll take translations from a foreign translator certified by my country's Ministry of Foreign Relations, whose signature would, in turn, be authenticated by the Canadian Embassy? Since Canada is not part of the Apostille Agreement, the process I just described is how people usually send documentation to Canada.

Thanks in advance!
I think that should work. That's what I did for my marriage certificate in my local language. You would need to supply the below 4 docs:

- Scan of original document
- Certified copy of the original document
- Translation
- Affidavit

Hope this helps!

danchavacr

Jul 12, 2017
Thanks Arslanllahi

How did you authenticate the affidavit though? Does a public notary or some similar figure have to do it? Then would you need to translate the authentication itself?

I was wondering if the whole translator-Ministry of Foreign Relations-Canadian Embassy deal could be used to replace the affidavit.

Arslanellahi

Jun 21, 2016
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Arslanllahi

How did you authenticate the affidavit though? Does a public notary or some similar figure have to do it? Then would you need to translate the authentication itself?

I was wondering if the whole translator-Ministry of Foreign Relations-Canadian Embassy deal could be used to replace the affidavit.
Yes, got it authorized by a public notary.

danchavacr

Jul 12, 2017
Same question here. I also need to know this as I´ll be translating my documents in CR.

Let me know what you do.

I'm assuming that by CR you mean Costa Rica. If so, what I'm going to do is get an official translator (https://www.rree.go.cr/?sec=servicios&cat=autenticaciones&cont=729) to translate the documents. After every translation, they include a statement certifying that the translation is faithful to the original document. Official translators have power of attestation in Costa Rica, so that statement, plus the authentication of their signature by the Ministry of Foreign Relations, should be enough to cover the requirement for affidavit. I'm still explaining all this in the LoE just in case.

Reactions: Arod

Arod

May 15, 2017
I'm assuming that by CR you mean Costa Rica. If so, what I'm going to do is get an official translator (https://www.rree.go.cr/?sec=servicios&cat=autenticaciones&cont=729) to translate the documents. After every translation, they include a statement certifying that the translation is faithful to the original document. Official translators have power of attestation in Costa Rica, so that statement, plus the authentication of their signature by the Ministry of Foreign Relations, should be enough to cover the requirement for affidavit. I'm still explaining all this in the LoE just in case.
Thanks, I´m still in the early stages of my application but it is good to know.

I already had one translator in mind and just confirmed by your link that she is authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Relations.