+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do you want US Visa Appointment ‘earliest’ date?

Db1000

Star Member
Aug 8, 2022
Hi guys,

I was able to get an earlier appointment and booked for April 2024. I started the application in July 2023 and have been rescheduling when I could. Initially, I got Oct 2024 time slot for Vancouver but kept checking for earlier.

Received an email from Vancouver Consulate titled "You might qualify to schedule an earlier U.S. Visa appointment " and was able to reschedule for April 2024 same day.

So I think as soon as you get this email, they open up slots for you, not everyone else sees it. I'm not able to reschedule anymore now.

So just wait for the email. All the best!

adha

Oct 31, 2018
Hi guys,

I was able to get an earlier appointment and booked for April 2024. I started the application in July 2023 and have been rescheduling when I could. Initially, I got Oct 2024 time slot for Vancouver but kept checking for earlier.

Received an email from Vancouver Consulate titled "You might qualify to schedule an earlier U.S. Visa appointment " and was able to reschedule for April 2024 same day.

So I think as soon as you get this email, they open up slots for you, not everyone else sees it. I'm not able to reschedule anymore now.

When did you get the email for consulate?

newuser01012022

Jan 12, 2022
So I think as soon as you get this email, they open up slots for you, not everyone else sees it.
This is 100% true. Everyone has to wait for at least 5-6 months after booking the initial appointment to be eligible for getting an earlier slot. Let's say I booked my 1st appointment in Jan'24 and got a Apr'25 date. Then kept checking everyday anticipating cancellations to reschedule to an earlier slot, say Jun'24. I may see the cancellations probably once every month but getting any of those slots is next to impossible because those cancelled slots are visible to 1000 other people who are trying to get ahead in queue just like me. However, if I wait for about 6-7 months, say Jul-Aug'24 then US Consulate automatically identifies all such waiting profiles and opens some slots for them specifically. Those slots are not visible to others. This is my observation and experience after hearing from a few friends & following a few posts on various platforms.

Reactions: Db1000
Mar 5, 2024
Hi guys,

Did you have an expired us visa before this?

dissou

Mar 6, 2024
Hi, I applied for a B2 visa from Dubai and got an interview date for Jan 8, 2025. I checked today and was able to reschedule it to Dec 6, 2024. However I read on a few sites that one is allowed to reschedule interviews only up to 4 times on the same MRV ticket. After 4 times, you have to pay for a new MRV. Is this something that is applicate to rescheduling to an earlier date as well.

Angelia009

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Hi, I have applied for my parents on Feb 20th 2024 and couple days back got slots for August 2026 :( is there anyone has noticed any slots in 2024 from Vancouver? This group gives me hope at least :)

gaonkar.roshan

Jun 20, 2020
First appointment while form submitting (May 23) application - Nov 2024 (Vancouver)
Rescheduled in Aug 23 - Aug 24 (Toronto)
Feb 24 rescheduled - March 24 (Vancouver - Final)

Generally used to search around 7 pm EST. One pattern I observed, generally after 3/4 months they open slots for following month. I see that in Jul/Aug 23 and then in Jan/Feb 24.
Hi,

I have filled my DS 160 form and in that location selected was Calgary. I can see some open slots for Toronto and Vancouver for 2026, just curious to know can we schedule interview at location different from what we entered in DS 160?

Regards

Chacko_666

Aug 7, 2021
Hi,

I have filled my DS 160 form and in that location selected was Calgary. I can see some open slots for Toronto and Vancouver for 2026, just curious to know can we schedule interview at location different from what we entered in DS 160?

Regards
yes you can do that , but you need to fill up a new DS160 form for the new location and change the form number on your profile.

Giga02

Feb 20, 2024
I got my appointment date for January 2026. Is there any hope for me to visit the state for August this year

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
I got my appointment date for January 2026. Is there any hope for me to visit the state for August this year

I'm in the same situation. My schedule is until May 2026!
I was planning to visita on Dec But I think it Will be hard to get it!

RAMANAND60

Apr 3, 2024
Hey friends,

I hope you're all doing well! I wanted to reach out to see if any of you have any information about the availability of US visa interview slots in Canada. I'm in the process of scheduling mine and could use some insight on when the slots might be opening up. If any of you have heard anything or have gone through the process recently, I'd really appreciate any advice or updates you can share.

Thanks so much in advance! Looking forward to catching up soon.