+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do you know anybody get a visa from the consulate at Buffalo since April?

alaachemistry

May 18, 2011
I'm wondering if anybody knows anyone who applied to get a visa from the canadian consulate at buffalo since the last April?
I applied 50 days ago, and I'm still waiting.
Also, is anybody know how long it takes to get my passpost back from the consulate without visa?
Thanks

maine17

Mar 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone, I will just submit my application for temporary resident visa by end of May (hopefully). My flight is still on October but due to the delayed processing times that I'm hearing I wanted to make sure I'll get it on time. Anyway, I just have some question regarding the proof of funds (included in the document checklist), where do I get these one? Is this really required since I'm not really visiting (I have a work permit and is under the live in caregiver program)? Thanks to everyone who will answer. :)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
If you are in Canada with a temporary work permit and need to apply for a TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA to travel abroad, please provide:

A photocopy of your current permit and
A letter from your employer or other proof of current employment.

You can also attach a copy of your bank statement.

maine17 said:
Hello everyone, I will just submit my application for temporary resident visa by end of May (hopefully). My flight is still on October but due to the delayed processing times that I'm hearing I wanted to make sure I'll get it on time. Anyway, I just have some question regarding the proof of funds (included in the document checklist), where do I get these one? Is this really required since I'm not really visiting (I have a work permit and is under the live in caregiver program)? Thanks to everyone who will answer. :)

thriftily.trendy

May 18, 2011
maine17 said:
Just provide a bank statement. There's no need for lots of money since you're a worker.

maine17

Mar 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks everyone.. Goodluck to everybody. Any luck about your visas yet?

maine17

Mar 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another quick question, I saw from the buffalo website that if you're inside canada you can send it to the Fort Erie, ON address with 2 xpresspost envelope. Is the 24x32 the letter size ones? Did you enclose the other one (return prepaid envelope) together with your applications,docs, passport? Isn't it too thick? Thanks to everyone again.

thriftily.trendy

May 18, 2011
maine17 said:
Another quick question, I saw from the buffalo website that if you're inside canada you can send it to the Fort Erie, ON address with 2 xpresspost envelope. Is the 24x32 the letter size ones? Did you enclose the other one (return prepaid envelope) together with your applications,docs, passport? Isn't it too thick? Thanks to everyone again.
The people from canadapost will just fold your documents if u'll get the small envelope and no it isn't too thick at all. It's just perfect.
Also, to be honest I'm not too sure about submitting it to Fort Erie. That's what I did and until now i still don't have my passport back. While my friend who submitted it directly to Buffalo is already on vacation. :(

maine17

Mar 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh my, what should I do? should I send it to fort erie or Buffalo. I actually bought an xpresspost US envelope and planned to send it directly to Buffalo but I saw the website and it says that if you live inside Canada it should be sent to Fort Erie. Confuse confuse! Maybe I should just send it to Buffalo then. By the way the 2nd envelope you enclose is it smaller than the first one? I saw in their website that 2 should be 24x32 and no small as they noted..

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Current advisory from CIC:

[*] Notice: Due to a new computer system being installed in all U.S. offices, applications are taking longer than usual to process. You should apply at least three months before you plan to travel.

thriftily.trendy

May 18, 2011
maine17 said:
Oh my, what should I do? should I send it to fort erie or Buffalo. I actually bought an xpresspost US envelope and planned to send it directly to Buffalo but I saw the website and it says that if you live inside Canada it should be sent to Fort Erie. Confuse confuse! Maybe I should just send it to Buffalo then. By the way the 2nd envelope you enclose is it smaller than the first one? I saw in their website that 2 should be 24x32 and no small as they noted..
On the website they just suggested or advised for those in Canada to send it to Fort Erie which was what I did. If you have lots of time then Fort Erie is ok. The return envelope is the same size as the other one. Canadapost will also fold it so it'll fot in the envelope with the othe documents for visa processing.

thriftily.trendy

May 18, 2011
job_seeker said:
Current advisory from CIC:

[*] Notice: Due to a new computer system being installed in all U.S. offices, applications are taking longer than usual to process. You should apply at least three months before you plan to travel.
:( thanx for this info

maine17

Mar 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks thriftily.trendy, update us when you've rcvd your visas. Goodluck to all of us!

PaToAb

Star Member
Dec 20, 2008
Guys

Does walk-in application also takes same amount of time?

I had no idea that it is taking this long for visitors visa now and now I needs it very soon.
I was thinking to drive to buffalo and get the visa on same day or may be next day.