+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do we need to carry financial proof when we land?

rickyhanzhang

Star Member
May 13, 2017
Guys I have a question. when we land, do we need to carry some kind of financial proof with us? Does it have to be the same amount as what we offered during the application? and does it need to be in a specific form, such as a deposit certificate or something?

Please advise. Thanks.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Guys I have a question. when we land, do we need to carry some kind of financial proof with us? Does it have to be the same amount as what we offered during the application? and does it need to be in a specific form, such as a deposit certificate or something?

Please advise. Thanks.
Yes you have to carry pof proof,should be above the minimum requirement and try to have some in cash and rest as any accepted pof form

rickyhanzhang

Star Member
May 13, 2017
Yes you have to carry pof proof,should be above the minimum requirement and try to have some in cash and rest as any accepted pof form
Thanks. Does it have to be canadian dollars? can we provide proof of the equivalent amount of our local currency?

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
If you are showing the POF through bank statement, make sure that bank got branches in canada or a bank which is well known. There are cases and already spoken in other post, that applicant's bank statement or bank letter wasn't accepted by Immigration Officer on landing. If you are travelling with family, I would suggest to get a bit more than the required amount in canadian $$ as per person can carry around $10,000 without declaring. You can carry more, and it is not taxable. But if you dont declare amount more than 10,000$ it might seized.

Last edited:

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
If you are showing the POF through bank statement, make sure that bank got branches in canada or a bank which is well known. There are cases and already spoken in other post, that applicant's bank statement or bank letter wasn't accepted by Immigration Officer on landing. If you are travelling with family, I would suggest to get a bit more than the required amount in canadian $$ as per person can carry around $10,000 without declaring. You can carry more, and it is not taxable. But if you dont declare amount more than 10,000$ it might seized.
Can you post the links of the threads where pof wasnt accepted?i believe if the same banks were accepted during pr processing it will be accepted when landing

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Can you post the links of the threads where pof wasnt accepted?i believe if the same banks were accepted during pr processing it will be accepted when landing
True, i believe whats more important to them is whether you can access those funds in that bank or not, using an acceptable valid debit card for example.

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013

Please advise. Thanks.
You also have the option of opening a bank account in canada online before arriving, you can then simply transfer your funds before travelling for peace of mind
http://www.rbc.com/newcomers/

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Reactions: angelistamaria

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
I read some of the posts before but not all but i dont remember reading that bank statements werent accepted,in such cases what does usually happen??
Bank statements are accepted always. No1 said it is not accepted. What I have read, know and wrote is, bank statement from home country local creates a problem; bank statement from well known banks are acceptable.

If by any chance, IO dont accept the local country's bank statement, they will deny entry. Please read the link i have pasted, it explains everything in detail.

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
My suggestion in this situation:

Applicants spent months, even years to get PR. How worse it will be, after saying goodbye to families in home country, pleasant flight, with lots of expectation from new life, denied entry at the airport. Why not make sure nothing goes wrong?

Carry upto $10,000 without declaration, travellers cheque etc. Whatever amount you carry are non-taxable income. But, if anyone is relunctant to bring money with them, they can open international well known bank account. I suggest, open nova scotia bank account. There are representatives of nova scotia in most countries. Deposit the money and bring the statement.

Dont risk your future for a small carelessness.

Reactions: dr feras