+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do we need to carry financial proof when we land?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My suggestion in this situation:

Applicants spent months, even years to get PR. How worse it will be, after saying goodbye to families in home country, pleasant flight, with lots of expectation from new life, denied entry at the airport. Why not make sure nothing goes wrong?

Carry upto $10,000 without declaration, travellers cheque etc. Whatever amount you carry are non-taxable income. But, if anyone is relunctant to bring money with them, they can open international well known bank account. I suggest, open nova scotia bank account. There are representatives of nova scotia in most countries. Deposit the money and bring the statement.

Dont risk your future for a small carelessness.
stupid question i know, but what about when you are doing soft landing ? do we have to inform them that we will be leaving in 3-4 days or something ?

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Bank statements are accepted always. No1 said it is not accepted. What I have read, know and wrote is, bank statement from home country local creates a problem; bank statement from well known banks are acceptable.

If by any chance, IO dont accept the local country's bank statement, they will deny entry. Please read the link i have pasted, it explains everything in detail.
The link you have posted is for a 104 pages thread and i understand what you said what i am asking at which part of the thread or page did someone post that he got his home country statements denied? I am not saying that its untrue but i didnt read it before,thanks

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
The link you have posted is for a 104 pages thread and i understand what you said what i am asking at which part of the thread or page did someone post that he got his home country statements denied? I am not saying that its untrue but i didnt read it before,thanks
1st page, 1st post, under bankstatements as pof. Read the 1st post, you ll know everything you need about landing. Hope this help!

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
is that updated though? its posted in 2010... 7 years is a long time :)
There are no valid guidelines or any info from cic. These are all shared experiences. Someone with local bankstatement will get through, unlucky one's can be pulled off. IO may not even ask to show proof etc. i have put my suggestion and best will be to email the respective country canadian VO about this to find the recent scenerio.

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
this is my understanding:

POF before landing:
VO is concern whether the applicant have the required fund or not and does the fund solely belongs to them, not borrowed. They ask us to provide the bank letter, bank statement to prove that and they investigate.

POF after landing:
IO is concern whether we can bring the required fund to canada 0r not. Because canadian government doesn't provide any financial help to applicant to settle, except refugee applicant. It is not possible to withdraw money from the home country bank sitting in Canada (country specific regulation applies), unless the funds are with a bank which have a presence in canada (ATM withdrawal) OR have a travel money card from your the local bank, bank statement will be accepted; the fund can be in local currency.

In short, Immigration officer wants to see whether how easily you can have access to the fund.

Quoted from CIC website:

How much money you should bring
Research how much it costs to live in the place where you plan to settle in Canada.

Bring as much money as you can to make moving and finding a home in Canada easier. Canadian customs regulations require you to declare if you're bringing more than CAN$10,000 into Canada. If you don't tell them, you may be fined, and your funds could be seized. This includes:
  • cash
  • documents that show property or capital payable to you, such as:
    • stocks
    • bonds
    • debentures
    • treasury bills
  • documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you, such as:
    • banker's drafts
    • cheques
    • travellers’ cheques
    • money orders.

Last edited:

harman2725

Jun 16, 2015
Nz
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
01/04/2017
Passport Req..
7/717
VISA ISSUED...
29/7/17
LANDED..........
27/08/17
I just called the IRCC and the agent told me that POF is not required at landing. She send me the list of docs to carry. Basically just passport and COPR.
confused

Reactions: Wolverine17

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
I just called the IRCC and the agent told me that POF is not required at landing. She send me the list of docs to carry. Basically just passport and COPR.
confused
it is confusing. What the agent said and what people actually face contradicts. :confused:

manpindersingh

Jul 10, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Is ICICI Bank statement acceptable as POF?