+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do we can change NOC level

Zawar

Jul 8, 2013
I have a query
I have done my master in mechanical engineering, but mechanical engineering cap is filling very fast... Do I can change my noc from Mechanical engineer to mechanical engineering technologies as it filled up slowly. Some of my job responsibilities are same as technican. Do mechanical engineer apply In mechanical engineer technologies ?

Thanks

o_o

Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App.
Nomination.....
19-08-2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
Submitted with App.
File Transfer...
No Clue
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2015 (CPC-O) 30-01-2015 (Los Angeles)
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
05-10-2015 (PRC recvd. 01-26-2016)
Zawar said:
I have a query
I have done my master in mechanical engineering, but mechanical engineering cap is filling very fast... Do I can change my noc from Mechanical engineer to mechanical engineering technologies as it filled up slowly. Some of my job responsibilities are same as technican. Do mechanical engineer apply In mechanical engineer technologies ?

Thanks
I'm not familiar with Mechanical Engg, but I think you cannot change the primary NOC that you are applying under. You can however send multiple applications under different NOCs, according to this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=864&t=6 I however don't know if you can give two different reference letters for the same job.

Zawar

Jul 8, 2013
Thanks
My master degree is in Mechanical engineering.
My concern is that if I apply in Mechanical engineering technologies , but I am a master degree holder , but i had a experience of both engineering and technologies fields... they may think that why a master degree holder applying in mechanical technologies field?? is that thing effect my application?

o_o

Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App.
Nomination.....
19-08-2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
Submitted with App.
File Transfer...
No Clue
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
Zawar said:
Thanks
My master degree is in Mechanical engineering.
My concern is that if I apply in Mechanical engineering technologies , but I am a master degree holder , but i had a experience of both engineering and technologies fields... they may think that why a master degree holder applying in mechanical technologies field?? is that thing effect my application?
They are bureaucrats. They don't care why you are doing a certain thing (and you are not obliged to provide any explanation.). They just apply the rules.

So, pull up the NOC related to Mechanical engineering technologies on the Canadian website. Next, see if you fullfil the requirements i.e. you have the education and your job duties match the duties for the NOC at least 80%. If you can document these two aspects you can send another application under Mechanical engineering technologies

Zawar

Jul 8, 2013
Thanks again for your help... Really appreciate
It means I can apply in mechanical engineering technologies there is no restriction for maximum education in this field ... But there is a restriction of minimum education in this field... Like 2 years diploma or certification ? They can give me point according to my master degree and points for my work experience related to my mechanical engineering technologies.. Am I right?

o_o

Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App.
Nomination.....
19-08-2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
Submitted with App.
File Transfer...
No Clue
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
Zawar said:
Thanks again for your help... Really appreciate
It means I can apply in mechanical engineering technologies there is no restriction for maximum education in this field ... But there is a restriction of minimum education in this field... Like 2 years diploma or certification ? They can give me point according to my master degree and points for my work experience related to my mechanical engineering technologies.. Am I right?
Just the rules again. You get points for education according to whatever your ECA says (not what you or your degree says). It does not depend on what you studied, only the level i.e. masters, bachelors etc.

On the other hand when they evaluate your NOC/Work experience, they would pull up the NOC and see if you have the education. Next, they would look at your duties if they match the NOC. If yes, you get points for the work experience.

You are correct, there is a restriction on minimum education, not maximum education. However, be very careful in drafting your work experience letter. Your duties should match 80%. However don't copy these verbatim.

Zawar

Jul 8, 2013
Thanks again for your help again......
In my both jobs I perform many task which mostly technican can do.. Even though I perform engineering tasks as well. Any ways I am now clear about this issue.
Now I am planning to submit my applications..just collecting important documents

Thanks

S4F

Star Member
Jun 5, 2013
Please remember that applying under a different NOC than the one you have already applied for means, ordering a new original copy of IELTS result, a new original ECA report, and a new original PCC.

In other words, a COMPLETELY new application along with application fee.

o_o

Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App.
Nomination.....
19-08-2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
Submitted with App.
File Transfer...
No Clue
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
S4F said:
Please remember that applying under a different NOC than the one you have already applied for means, ordering a new original copy of IELTS result, a new original ECA report, and a new original PCC.

In other words, a COMPLETELY new application along with application fee.
Actually, if you have already submitted the IELTS original in one app, you can ask them to reference it for the subsequent applications. The ECA and PCCs would need to be original though.

Zawar

Jul 8, 2013
I have not submit my application yet... Just gathering documents .... I only make this post because mechanical engineering cap is filling very fast ... That's why I Think that I have to change my noc

Thanks for ur useful info

Zawar

Jul 8, 2013
Hi
I have a query
I am going to apply FSW.. I am going to add adaptability factor because my uncle who is real brother of my mother is a canadian citizen... To proof this I don't have any birth certificate of both ... Because at time in my country government don't issue birth certificates ... But I have copies of their SSC school certificate which show their mutual father ... Can I show these certificates as a proof of adaptability?
Kindly please help
Thanks

o_o

Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App.
Nomination.....
19-08-2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
Submitted with App.
File Transfer...
No Clue
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
Zawar said:
Hi
I have a query
I am going to apply FSW.. I am going to add adaptability factor because my uncle who is real brother of my mother is a canadian citizen... To proof this I don't have any birth certificate of both ... Because at time in my country government don't issue birth certificates ... But I have copies of their SSC school certificate which show their mutual father ... Can I show these certificates as a proof of adaptability?
Kindly please help
Thanks
Do you need the points for Adaptability?? If no, then don't sweat it.

If yes, I'm sorry I don't have experience on this matter. For most part the CIC is reasonable though. The SSC school certificate would certainly help. If it is not too difficult, I am wondering if your uncle (i.e. the Canadian citizen) can provide a notarized letter where he states that he is a citizen and explains that he is a real brother of your mother. I think that since he is a Canadian citizen this would carry weight. Get this letter notarized though.

panjaab

Aug 28, 2014
Please help

I have applied in Nova scotia RLMD in april 2014 as a mechanical engineering technologist. But due to cap they send my application back to me.

I worked in my company upto 4 year as a mechanical engineer technologist. and in june 2014 company reduce their work and I resigned from there.
after that i could not take a job as a mechanical technologist .
and from June 2014 to till i am working in a small firm as a machinist.

can i apply as a machinist now.
pls reply soon because i want to apply in mpnp tomorrow.

what about my previous experience?
is their any problem with this or not?

panjaab

Aug 28, 2014
Please help

I have applied in Nova scotia RLMD in april 2014 as a mechanical engineering technologist. But due to cap they send my application back to me.

I worked in my company upto 4 year as a mechanical engineer technologist. and in june 2014 company reduce their work and I resigned from there.
after that i could not take a job as a mechanical technologist .
and from June 2014 to till i am working in a small firm as a machinist.

can i apply as a machinist now.
pls reply soon because i want to apply in mpnp tomorrow.

what about my previous experience?
is their any problem with this or not?