+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

do paid internships count in Express Entry (FSW)?

singhs

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
One more thing, I came to know from many members that INDIA VO is real fast. I am from india and got AOR on 30th Nov but till date only medicals has passed. What should i do?? Wait for some more time or should i order GCMS notes???

Waiting is killing me :-\

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From time to time, there are some express cases reported on the forum. Last year it was Jamaica followed by Nigeria then by NDVO. I imagine it has more to do with the applicant than their LVO. CIC has slowed down since Nov '15 because of the refugee situation so one would need to be patient. Wait till Feb end before applying for GCMS notes - give the system 3 months with your file before checking for review notes.

Sam6227

Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad,

So would a COOP/Internship experience (16months) count for EE FSW if I was registered as a PART-TIME student?

I know its a grey area but if you can share your thoughts on this it will be helpful.

Thank you!

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
Asivad Anac said:
If you've used this work experience to gain eligibility and/or score CRS points, recalculate eligibility and CRS by removing this work experience to check the impact on your application.
Can you please read my posts on the following topic and give me your opinion :

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/oinp-ee-human-capital-priorities-stream-comprehensive-guide-t396543.15.html

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sam6227 said:
Hi Asivad,

So would a COOP/Internship experience (16months) count for EE FSW if I was registered as a PART-TIME student?

I know its a grey area but if you can share your thoughts on this it will be helpful.

Thank you!
If this was in Canada, it cannot count towards CEC eligibility and/or CRS points for Canadian work experience. At best, it could've contributed towards 1 year of FSW eligibility work requirement but this is less than a year of full-time work so not even that.

If this was not in Canada, Yes.

nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Asivad,

Can you provide your insight on my query in the below thread? -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/company-not-agreeing-to-input-salary-info-on-reference-letter-t396653.0.html

Zeeshan.R

Jun 7, 2016
singhs said:
My part time work experience during my full time studies is counted by SINP and they have given me the nomination as well..But now i am worried whether CIC will going to accept the same or it will straight away reject the part time experience during my full time studies. If they reject then i will also become ineligible (it will become 66 points).. Need suggestions from experts.
Dear Singhs

Would you please confirm if your part time work experience during your full time studies (outside of Canada) was accepted by SINP and CIC under FSW program?

I am in a similar situation, please help.

Thanks

Zeeshan.R

Jun 7, 2016
esantos said:
Wait a minute. we cannot claim any work done during school period?

I had a full time job while doing my bachelor in Brazil.
In Brazil you can work full time (afternoon and evening) and attend university in the morning. or the opposite, attend university at night and work full time during the day. And even by doing so your studies are considered full time as well.

My bachelor degree was recognized by WES as a 4 year Canadian bachelor.

I am concerned now that they might reject the Brazilian work experience I claimed. ??? ???
My reference letters state that I worked full time (and also mention the amount of hours worked per week)

Do you guys think this might be a problem?

Dear Esantos,

Can you please confirm if your work experience during full time studies outside of canada was accepted by CIC?

I am not sure if any part time or full time work experience gained while enrolled for full time study (Outside of Canada) is acceptable by CIC or not.

Regards

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Zeeshan.R said:
Dear Esantos,

Can you please confirm if your work experience during full time studies outside of canada was accepted by CIC?

I am not sure if any part time or full time work experience gained while enrolled for full time study (Outside of Canada) is acceptable by CIC or not.

Regards
Esantos received PPR and even PR card. Outside Canada experience counts (with proof).

Reactions: Adanac11

Zeeshan.R

Jun 7, 2016
Dear Manid,

Are you talking about part time experience outside of canada when enrolled for full time studies?

Thanks

mashamasha

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

I also have two paid (one full-time, 3 months, one part-time 6 months) internships during my Master's studies in the USA, which were not required as part of my program/studies. Can I count this experience towards FSW? Anyone who successfully claimed points for internships? Does the system let you input title "Intern" or "Trainee"?

S

sutyfornow

Asivad Anac said:
If this was in Canada, it cannot count towards CEC eligibility and/or CRS points for Canadian work experience. At best, it could've contributed towards 1 year of FSW eligibility work requirement but this is less than a year of full-time work so not even that.

If this was not in Canada, Yes.
Dear friend, i earned my bachelors degree in 2012 and after that from 2012 to 2013 i had a full time paid internship that is outside canada.. can that be considered one yr experience?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sutyfornow said:
Dear friend, i earned my bachelors degree in 2012 and after that from 2012 to 2013 i had a full time paid internship that is outside canada.. can that be considered one yr experience?
If it was under NOC 0/A/B and at least 30 hours/week, yes.

S

sutyfornow

Asivad Anac said:
If it was under NOC 0/A/B and at least 30 hours/week, yes.
Even if they would consider it part of my study program outside canada? Thanks a lot in advance