+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DO NOT SEND Police Certificate to CIO, Sydney

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pls. check the new Instruction Guide on the CIC Website,
You DO NOT have to send PCC to CIO Sydney with your initial application (Post 26 June 2010 applicants).

Check this from the EG7 Guide:

Police certificates
All applicants must submit police certificates/clearances as part of the application process.
Note: Do not submit your police certificates to the CIO. If your application is placed into processing, you will be required to submit the police certificates to the Canadian visa office indicated on your application.
You and all of your family members who are 18 years of age and older and who are not permanent residents or Canadian citizens will have to provide:
 a valid police certificate, or
 a police clearance, or
 a record of no information.
40 Federal Skilled Worker Class
These documents are to be provided for each country other than Canada, in which you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.
Note: If you or your family members were under 18 years of age (16 years of age in certain jurisdictions) for the entire time you lived in a particular country, you do not need to provide a police certificate for that country.
Before submitting your application to the CIO, you should:
 begin to gather your police certificates, and
 research the estimated length of time required to obtain police certificates from all of the applicable jurisdictions.
Consult our website for specific and up-to-date information on how to obtain police certificates from any country.
Police certificates are valid for 12 months from the date they are issued. If your application is placed into processing, these certificates must be submitted before your application can be finalized. Failure to submit police certificates when requested to do so within a specified period of time may result in the refusal of your application.
Note: If a final decision is not made on your application before the expiry of your police certificate, the visa office may request that you provide a new one.
When you submit the police certificates to the visa office, ensure they have been issued in the last three months and no earlier. Certificates that are more than three months old on receipt will not be accepted.
If a certificate is not in English or French, submit both the certificate and the original copy of a translation prepared by an accredited translator.

EnvioZA

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 22
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
AOR Received.
15th Feb. 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
13/5/2011
Med's Done....
17/5/2011
Passport Req..
9/8/2011
yukon said:
Pls. check the new Instruction Guide on the CIC Website,
You DO NOT have to send PCC to CIO Sydney with your initial application (Post 26 June 2010 applicants).

Check this from the EG7 Guide:

Police certificates
All applicants must submit police certificates/clearances as part of the application process.
Note: Do not submit your police certificates to the CIO. If your application is placed into processing, you will be required to submit the police certificates to the Canadian visa office indicated on your application.
You and all of your family members who are 18 years of age and older and who are not permanent residents or Canadian citizens will have to provide:
 a valid police certificate, or
 a police clearance, or
 a record of no information.
40 Federal Skilled Worker Class
These documents are to be provided for each country other than Canada, in which you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.
Note: If you or your family members were under 18 years of age (16 years of age in certain jurisdictions) for the entire time you lived in a particular country, you do not need to provide a police certificate for that country.
Before submitting your application to the CIO, you should:
 begin to gather your police certificates, and
 research the estimated length of time required to obtain police certificates from all of the applicable jurisdictions.
Consult our website for specific and up-to-date information on how to obtain police certificates from any country.
Police certificates are valid for 12 months from the date they are issued. If your application is placed into processing, these certificates must be submitted before your application can be finalized. Failure to submit police certificates when requested to do so within a specified period of time may result in the refusal of your application.
Note: If a final decision is not made on your application before the expiry of your police certificate, the visa office may request that you provide a new one.
When you submit the police certificates to the visa office, ensure they have been issued in the last three months and no earlier. Certificates that are more than three months old on receipt will not be accepted.
If a certificate is not in English or French, submit both the certificate and the original copy of a translation prepared by an accredited translator.

@yukon
Sorry I cant see anywhere that initial application (for PR in skilled category level) can be loaded without PCC. I tried to find out the EG7 guide as you told but I couldnt. Can you please inform if we need to gather PCC or send application without ppc.? I am post 26 June 2010 applicant.

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
See this link (html version):

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG77.asp

Else in the pdf version:

goto page no. 39

wucike

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2010
AOR Received.
15-1-2011
Med's Request
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
28-8-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-10-2013 DM 2-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2013
LANDED..........
21-04-2014
i wanna confirm u think it's changed these days?

but the cio waive 120 days for submitting documents, when shall we submit the cpp?

some of my friend that's cio's mistake, they forgot to change this part in both html. and pdf.

yukon said:
See this link (html version):

Else in the pdf version:

goto page no. 39

mperei02

Aug 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Social Worker
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/12/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
20/6/2011
Med's Request
Currently ECAS shows in process since 26 Aug 2011
Med's Done....
20th September Completed / Received 7th October.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jan 2012
LANDED..........
May 2012....returned Nov 2012
I dont think its a mistake the page is modified on Date- Modified: 2010-08-03

canada121

Apr 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/08/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Yes PCC not to be sent to CIO for now.

It will be asked by you Visa Office at a later stage.

(But I already had sent it to CIO before the rule changed)

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
This may fall into the Stupid Question Category, but I am willing to take the chance....Those post 26/6 applicants who sent in the PCC as required until 5/08, whose applications take longer than 9 months to complete will probably be requested to provide a new PCC when it expires. Does this mean ALL the PCC's for ALL the countries they originally submitted, or just the country in which they have been living since their application was sent? If you have resided in the same country since the PCC was issued it does not make sense to me that you would have to provide repeat PCCs for any other countries you lived in before, but I just wanted to ask the question.

misty02

Apr 13, 2010
I find this Colum very helpful as some of the things said made a lot of sense to me.
I have been struggling with answers to the following questions and unfortunately no one has been able to help me yet maybe some1 will be able to help me this time.
do un-accompanying family members international passport copy need to be included in the initial lodging of the app to CIO?

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
misty02 said:
I find this Colum very helpful as some of the things said made a lot of sense to me.
I have been struggling with answers to the following questions and unfortunately no one has been able to help me yet maybe some1 will be able to help me this time.
do un-accompanying family members international passport copy need to be included in the initial lodging of the app to CIO?
Not as part of the CIO checklist, but as part of the VO checklist. You need to attach travel documents (passport copies) for spouse & all children whether accompanying to Canada or not . For members above 18, you also need to attach the travel history.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Pippin said:
This may fall into the Stupid Question Category, but I am willing to take the chance....Those post 26/6 applicants who sent in the PCC as required until 5/08, whose applications take longer than 9 months to complete will probably be requested to provide a new PCC when it expires. Does this mean ALL the PCC's for ALL the countries they originally submitted, or just the country in which they have been living since their application was sent? If you have resided in the same country since the PCC was issued it does not make sense to me that you would have to provide repeat PCCs for any other countries you lived in before, but I just wanted to ask the question.
If this is a stupid question, then it is a great stupid question. I think as long as you submitted PCCs that were not older than three months then if an year passes, then you'd submit only for those countries in which you reside (in case you reside in more than one) or any new countries that you move to (and you spend longer than 6 months). I have only been asked to update the FBI PCC, not even the state PCC or other country PCCs despite them taking longer than a year to get back to me.

misty02

Apr 13, 2010
Thanks Yukon,
May i also ask if it applies to the settlement fund? the accompanying and the none accompanying also need to be included in the amount of money you need to have in the bank?
Again, thanks so much

Jalap

Star Member
May 28, 2010
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 November, 2003
Doc's Request.
May 20, 2008
AOR Received.
November 25. 2003
Med's Request
Re-medical: 2 February, 2011
Med's Done....
15 March, 2011
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
6 May, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
28 September, 2011
LANDED..........
Waiting
Yukon,
Thank you so much for the valuable information.
One of my friend was having hard time obtaining the police clearance from China and Honk Kong.
Now he can apply asap.
Jalap

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Maaties said:
If this is a stupid question, then it is a great stupid question. I think as long as you submitted PCCs that were not older than three months then if an year passes, then you'd submit only for those countries in which you reside (in case you reside in more than one) or any new countries that you move to (and you spend longer than 6 months). I have only been asked to update the FBI PCC, not even the state PCC or other country PCCs despite them taking longer than a year to get back to me.
agreed, not a stupid question, but you could expect a stupid answer from CIC... glad that Maaties' experience was only for the country of current residence, but I would not count on that being the case going forward, now that CIC explicitly states that PCCs expire after one year (which was not a written rule when Maaties applied, right?). That pretty much guarantees that everyone will have to repeatedly obtain PCCs...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
misty02 said:
Thanks Yukon,
May i also ask if it applies to the settlement fund? the accompanying and the none accompanying also need to be included in the amount of money you need to have in the bank?
Again, thanks so much
Non-accompanying dependents need to be included in the settlement fund amount. They will also need to undergo medicals if you hope to sponsor them later...

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
This seems very contradictary to me. The CIO checklist asks that you include all supporting documents required by the visa specific checklist, and the visa specific checklist (for us, London) certainly asks that the Police Certificates are included.

We are a few days away from submitting new application with all docs to CIO Sydney, but we had our police certificates done over 1 month ago since it was one of the first supporting documents we obtained. Therefore at the time of posting to CIO our police certificates will be over 1 month old already.

We did get a copy each done so we have 2 certificates each.

I think we're probably going to not risk omitting them, simply go with the checklists and include them in our initial application, we can always send our spare copies to London if requested (or get fresh police certificates if asked, an extra £70 but hey ho).

Wayne.