Med's Done....
March 26, 2013
Interview........
Feb 04, 2013
Passport Req..
PPR1: September 02, 2013, PPR2: October 30, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-November, 2013
1) Majority of the people come to Canada becasue of Economic Reasons!
2) So When they land in Canada they are in rush to make money. But they do not reaize that they are in new country with new system, new culture and this not so easy to make money quickly.

So how to make money? To make money I think it is very imporant you make solid plan. First thing which everybody knows Canadian Employers do not recognize your degrees, Expereince. THEN WHAT TO DO?

I am living in this country for almost 10 years. There are 2 kind of people making monyey.
1st the people who are doing their own business especially in service industry AND
2nd People WHO DO NOT RUN after $$$$ as they land in Canada, they immediately get Canadian Education (they get education in right program after doing proper research).

clubcanada

Sep 7, 2010
two aspects:
1) the higher your previous living standard was, the more you get dissapointed in Canada. For example, you're comig from a western European country, have a good education and a decent income, you might have a hard time to get to a similar living standard in Canada (not necessarily but you wouldn't be an exception).

2) if you don;t get interviews you might reconsider your job-hunting strategy. in some countries you might simply send out your resume or apply through job-portals and it works. that doesn't work in Canada at all. I have the feeling that if you apply through company job-portals your application doesn't get read at all (i'm not joking!). FOr this reason, you must go through either headhunters or through networking or get diretly in contact (phone/email with follow-up) with the hiring manager. Also make sure you apply for the right jobs. If you apply for college lecturer and cashier positions at the same time, there's something wrong...

moe2011

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/04/2011
Med's Request
20/07/2011
Passport Req..
15/10/2011
VISA ISSUED...
12/12/2011
LANDED..........
16-06-2012
Finding a job for new comers is really challenging and difficult. patient is required for all new comers as it may take 6 months to find a job (good pay job). i am accountant and moving to canada next march and i am aware that i may not get any call for the first 3 months after applying.

all the best for you guys

2good2btrue

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2012
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
30-03-2012 (1st AOR)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
25-05-2012 (2nd AOR) & start of processing on 11-10-12
Med's Request
17-10-2012
Med's Done....
08-11-2012 & reached on 28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012 (PR Card Received = Mar/2013 & moving to Canada in Sep/2013))
emamabd said:
if canada is only good for a somalian or afghan refugee as you say, how come most of its major cities are listed in the world's best cities to live in, highest standards of living ...etc?

this is really confusing, i'm quite close to making the move and really surprised on how people's opinions could vary largely between the 2 extremes, there are people in this forum who think its a great country and offers a good future for immigrants - while others regret being there and feel that moving there was the biggest mistake they ever made....really strange,both those opinions cannot be true....its either a good country or not...but cannot be both :-\?!

I'm starting to wonder how its going to be like - when i move there, but whatever challenges i may face - i'm willing to take the risk with a strong will succeed ...so lets see.

I hope i won't be whining in this post someday!! :-[
In life you always have multiple opinions on the same topic, some in favor of what you want to listen and some not in favor. to make the most, you should be critical on all these information when you are deciding to move to Canada or not but when you are already there, you need to be optimistic and keep going. If you try to merge your decisions after you move, you will end up being frustrated and demotivated.

this post is an excellent example, please use this to help your own case, start doing research on which city to settle, are jobs available there, dont make assumptions that there will be jobs, because its the biggest city or you have some friends or etc etc.

use this post as an input to help yourself not to fall in the same bad position.

Also know that there are good stories as well and ultimately you should not regret your decision and complain that things were better in your previous country.

think, analyze before you leap and be optimistic after you have taken that leap... during tough times the last thing that you need is "negativity" and frustrations.

Do a reality check.

canlove

May 5, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
When DO NOT COME TO CANADA (Part III) will be released. :p

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
canlove said:
When DO NOT COME TO CANADA (Part III) will be released. :p
Why? I believe Part-I was good enough, wasn't it?
______________________________________________________________________________________
This one's just another of those NotCanada threads (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/not-canada-t22948.0.html) I guess!

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcus66052,

Stop complaining and get back to work, I wonder why u didn't survive in the US and opted for Canada.

Writing long biographies won't help.......

YOU CHOOSE CANADA, Infact Canada gave you an opportunity if you can't survive thats it!!! PACK YOUR BAGS :eek: :eek: :eek:

And please don't start topics on this forum and disappear.
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

eemmoo1

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcus66052

My application is at very early stage, so I am surely at this stage may not be able to comment / suggest things. But while browsing through net i came through these websites. I am sure u must have gone through these website. These websites claims for different programs of internships for new immigrants with no prior experience. Just want to know ur thoughts of did u went through these? Do they actually provide opportunity for new arrived to get internship programs or they just have spend money to develop websites and these are not useful.

http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ITI.asp

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/working/OI_BRIDGE.html

If they do as they claim, then it it best ride u can get for kick start of the career.

eemmoo1

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For a new immigrant, if he /she got saving of few months, then volunteering him / herself would not have any harm if that counts towards gaining an experience of any white color job. Provided u get a letter of voluntary work done during that period. By this u can thwart interviewer to use "NO CANADIAN EXPERIENCE"

canlove

May 5, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
qorax said:
Why? I believe Part-I was good enough, wasn't it?
______________________________________________________________________________________
This one's just another of those NotCanada threads (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/not-canada-t22948.0.html) I guess!
Actually such threads are not required at all... but marcus66052 is out of work now a days so he has time to post one more thread on this topic......

guvcode

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
19-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
16-July-2012
LANDED..........
Feb 2013
2good2btrue said:
In life you always have multiple opinions on the same topic, some in favor of what you want to listen and some not in favor. to make the most, you should be critical on all these information when you are deciding to move to Canada or not but when you are already there, you need to be optimistic and keep going. If you try to merge your decisions after you move, you will end up being frustrated and demotivated.

this post is an excellent example, please use this to help your own case, start doing research on which city to settle, are jobs available there, dont make assumptions that there will be jobs, because its the biggest city or you have some friends or etc etc.

use this post as an input to help yourself not to fall in the same bad position.

Also know that there are good stories as well and ultimately you should not regret your decision and complain that things were better in your previous country.

think, analyze before you leap and be optimistic after you have taken that leap... during tough times the last thing that you need is "negativity" and frustrations.

Do a reality check.
@2good2btrue

Brilliant post, one of the brightest I have seen so far. Thanks for dis

Yogi3845

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
emamabd said:
if canada is only good for a somalian or afghan refugee as you say, how come most of its major cities are listed in the world's best cities to live in, highest standards of living ...etc?

this is really confusing, i'm quite close to making the move and really surprised on how people's opinions could vary largely between the 2 extremes, there are people in this forum who think its a great country and offers a good future for immigrants - while others regret being there and feel that moving there was the biggest mistake they ever made....really strange,both those opinions cannot be true....its either a good country or not...but cannot be both :-\?!

I'm starting to wonder how its going to be like - when i move there, but whatever challenges i may face - i'm willing to take the risk with a strong will succeed ...so lets see.

I hope i won't be whining in this post someday!! :-[
Canada can be a heaven for you if you are earning 10000+ bucks. But if you working in some store or as a labourer in some manufacturing firm then you will be hardly making your ends meet and in that case you will not be able to afford most of the luxuries around you. Getting a good job for a newcomer is like finding a needle in the haystack. Now choice is yours

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
My friend is hoping to move from England after visiting me here this summer, she has looked into what qualifications she needs to enable her to get a job here and has returned to college and is working hard to make that happen - but she isn't moving until she has done it. She is saving every penny so that she can support herself when she gets here, and has taken an extra job to increase her savings.

I have explained to her that it won't be easy at first but she is doing everything she can to prepare herself. I know it's not always that easy to prepare before you arrive but having an idea of what struggles lay ahead may be helpful.

This has been a great thread so far, I hope it continues to be so civil (and realistic!!)

Yogi7890

Star Member
Jun 30, 2011
Hello All,

What others said or they have to say... I do not think it matters to Marcus at all. There are some people on this forum like Marcus who at times have shown the courage and came up with the real picture of the job market in Canada. In respect to those who keep highlighting that, there are plenty of opportunities available. The market is wide open for each and everyone who comes to Canada having high expectations that we will do a lot better in terms of what we have already achieved. However, the fact is you come here as an Immigrant and remain as an Immigrant for the rest of your life struggling to cope up with your expenses and in maintaining the standard of life. You are never absorbed in the system because the qualifications and experience, which you were/are always proud, has no value in this part of the world. So instead of accusing Marcus think before where you stand today....

Regards,

Yogi

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What others said or they have to say... I do not think it matters to Marcus at all.
>>> Correct, it does not matter to marcus if you tell him that there are ways around to do better. His mind is fixed that in this position nothing better can be done. What ever was suggested to him and who ever did so, he bounced back with rude words. He was not at all receptive to new ideas. So what is the use of coming to a public forum and narrating your issues, when you do not want to hear from others?

There are some people on this forum like Marcus who at times have shown the courage and came up with the real picture of the job market in Canada.
>> 2-3 months in Canada and if can tell the real picture of the job market of Canada and that too with a fixed mindset, i dont think his views should carry any weight. Adopt marcus views and one thing is sure that the future of new immigrant in Canada is definately going to sink.
I would not say the approach was at all courageous. Courageous work is where people work around in difficult time and situation.

In respect to those who keep highlighting that, there are plenty of opportunities available. The market is wide open for each and everyone who comes to Canada having high expectations that we will do a lot better in terms of what we have already achieved.
>> to get a job is by way of competition and Canada is no exception. Did any one anywhere stated that Canadian employers are lined up at airport to hire? Those who plan, work around, learn from mistakes, adopt etc find it easy to get job. It is recession time in Canada, i agree that it is bit diffucult time to get job, but i would never say it is impossible to get job. Employees still hire new immigrants. I have seen 100's of new immigrants getting hired in my 2 years of stay in Canada. I am in customer care role and talk with a lot of new immigrants

However, the fact is you come here as an Immigrant and remain as an Immigrant for the rest of your life struggling to cope up with your expenses and in maintaining the standard of life.
>>> Canada is life of Immigrants, it does not matter that someone immigrated 100 years back and some immigrated in 2012. No one say anywhere that you are an immigrant. Maintaing standard and expense is ones own choice, the more one works hard , the better is the chance to make more money and thus maintaing higher stnadard. I dont see even the new immigrants are doing very bad. Initial days days are tough and how can one expect that decision to immigrate is a bed of roses, it is expected that initial period can be rough. Those who have no guts to brave challenges should not plan to immigrate.

You are never absorbed in the system because the qualifications and experience, which you were/are always proud, has no value in this part of the world.

>> Once hired , no one cares who was educated where and worked where previously. It is not a subject of discussion. At work place I have seen a lot of employees are foreign educated and experienced, who cares as where one worked before. Value is what you earn, work hard and earn value at work place. Work is apperciated in Canada in the same way it is appreciated in any other part of world and carries the same value.

So instead of accusing Marcus think before where you stand today....

>> What Marcus is facing is nothing new, what he has undergone can not be changed, but future can be changed by taking steps in the present. Failing to take those steps is ones choice and , why later on blame others for miseries and frustration. What marcus is not happy about is not just job, it is more than getting a job. He does not like anything in Canada.

I am pretty sure my words will have no meaning for those who have already decided that Canada have no job opportunites, is not a good place to immigrate, is not USA, is expensive, Canadians are rude etc etc but anyone who has not decided on these issues can take a cue from it to decide.

One thing is pretty sure that if I would not have liked Canada, I would not have ever immigrated and even when I would have immigrated and found out that this is a unsuitable place for me ( not only in terms of job), I would have taken the 1st flight back or anywhere else. And that would have been "THE END" of my immigration story. I would not say that if i like this place everyone should like it also, but definately what Marcus have stated in his 2 posts is not a true picture of Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.