+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need visa to travel with a travel document?

questionAsler

Feb 21, 2024
So I recently applied for a travel document. I am planning to go to Germany if my travel document gets approved. Do I need to apply for a visa to go to Germany or any other country or does it work the same as a Canadian passport where I can travel anywhere where there is no need for a visa or on-arrival visa?

hotminaj

Nov 1, 2022
So I recently applied for a travel document. I am planning to go to Germany if my travel document gets approved. Do I need to apply for a visa to go to Germany or any other country or does it work the same as a Canadian passport where I can travel anywhere where there is no need for a visa or on-arrival visa?
the rtd does not work like a canadian passport you will need a visa for most countries, however from what i've seen a lot of times on this forum, you don't need a visa for germany ; it's visa free with rtd

Reactions: ref19to22

Peace444

Nov 12, 2022
Germany and Italy are visa free with RTD. No PR needed.

tandon89

Jan 12, 2022
hi guys, i am planning to visit india on RTD, planning to visit thailand for a week. and then back to canada after a short stay in india with family. is that even possible? i am going to apply for indian visa in april and do i need to apply for thai visa? i have to apply multiple visa right? is there anything else i should be aware of before booking anything? on RTD how many days are we getting visa for ? thank you so much in advance.

(arefasghari)

Mar 14, 2024
Dear sir or madam

I am writing to make a humanitarian Visa

To the official of Humanitarian Visa, My name is Mohammad Aref Asghari, an Afghan of Hazara nationality, Islam, Shia religion from Urozgan, AFGANISTAN.

I lived in the west of Kabul, Afghanistan now I live at Teahran Iran I am under treat of the Taliban, i am bachelor's degree from the Sharq Institute of Higher Education.
I have done a lot of group and organized civil and human rights work over the years.
My activities focused on the following topics such us: Individual fertility and independent decision making, Fighting the bloodshed that prevented girls from going to school, Organizing civil struggles, Supporting the government that is recognized by the international community and human rights organizations, Development of human rights litigation, defense and solidarity of human rights defenders in Afghanistan.

Unfortunately, my activities were opposed by some sick and well-to-do people in the society.

Currently, the security situation is much worse

I trained in short and medium term domestic and foreign institutions, I was an employee of domestic institutions, I gave constructive opinions and critiques on various social issues. but now I'm at risk of taliban.

For the following reasons, there is no hope for me and my family to live in this country:

First, the Hazara ethnic group is one of the ethnic minorities and in Afghanistan, being a Hazara is a crime. ( ) And considering the discrimination that the Taliban have towards the Hazaras, I and my children have no place to progress in the country. And we could be assassinated at any moment for being millennials.

Secondly, my religion is Shia, and according to the video published by the newspaper in 2018 in our village, and my sister Mah Gul reports on the situation of our people in this video.

Therefore, I ask the country's asylum department to help me and accept me as Humanitarian visa.

I am attaching my file like( HR later, recommendation letter, treat later...)

Please see them.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear sir or madam

I am writing to make a humanitarian Visa

To the official of Humanitarian Visa, My name is Mohammad Aref Asghari, an Afghan of Hazara nationality, Islam, Shia religion from Urozgan, AFGANISTAN.

I lived in the west of Kabul, Afghanistan now I live at Teahran Iran I am under treat of the Taliban, i am bachelor's degree from the Sharq Institute of Higher Education.
I have done a lot of group and organized civil and human rights work over the years.
My activities focused on the following topics such us: Individual fertility and independent decision making, Fighting the bloodshed that prevented girls from going to school, Organizing civil struggles, Supporting the government that is recognized by the international community and human rights organizations, Development of human rights litigation, defense and solidarity of human rights defenders in Afghanistan.

Unfortunately, my activities were opposed by some sick and well-to-do people in the society.

Currently, the security situation is much worse

I trained in short and medium term domestic and foreign institutions, I was an employee of domestic institutions, I gave constructive opinions and critiques on various social issues. but now I'm at risk of taliban.

For the following reasons, there is no hope for me and my family to live in this country:

First, the Hazara ethnic group is one of the ethnic minorities and in Afghanistan, being a Hazara is a crime. ( ) And considering the discrimination that the Taliban have towards the Hazaras, I and my children have no place to progress in the country. And we could be assassinated at any moment for being millennials.

Secondly, my religion is Shia, and according to the video published by the newspaper in 2018 in our village, and my sister Mah Gul reports on the situation of our people in this video.

Therefore, I ask the country's asylum department to help me and accept me as Humanitarian visa.

I am attaching my file like( HR later, recommendation letter, treat later...)

Please see them.
This forum isn't associated with the Canadian government. Please delete the post or at least your personal information. You may now be contacted by scammers trying to fool you into paying them money while they promise they can get you a visa to come to Canada.

betterlife999

Star Member
Sep 25, 2021
hi guys, i am planning to visit india on RTD, planning to visit thailand for a week. and then back to canada after a short stay in india with family. is that even possible? i am going to apply for indian visa in april and do i need to apply for thai visa? i have to apply multiple visa right? is there anything else i should be aware of before booking anything? on RTD how many days are we getting visa for ? thank you so much in advance.
You can visit India , Thailand or anywhere except the country you are originally came from and file the asylum. ( there are some countries which doesn't allow RTD like UAE )

please spend some time on visiting country official immigration website for criteria and required documents, timeline and process

there are some countries need PR card along with RTD.
as far as I know Thailand need PR card with RTD, travel plan, hotel booking etc. ( I am not 100% sure, please double check )
I don't know much about India. ( if you get information on same please post in group )

Thank you

Reactions: ref19to22

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
I visited india on my RTD no PR, they only issue 1 month visa for RTD but from last year they have stopped issuing all tourist visas to india in canada because of a political issue and they have not restarted it yet. I check every week :confused: