+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to send passports overseas for visa issuing? CHC London asked for pass

OzMan

Mar 31, 2014
Hi There,

I have received a letter from CHC to send original passports to PHEP Processing, CHC London. It reads: “For security reasons, your visa(s) can only be issued by our office in London.”

• I wonder if I really need to send passports overseas. My concern is what if they are lost, even if I get insurance?
• Do I have the option to send them to a visa office in Australia itself e.g. in Canadian visa office Sydney

• I lodged my application in CHC London when I was living in UAE (Middle East).
• Currently I live in Australia.

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

OzMan said:
Hi There,

I have received a letter from CHC to send original passports to PHEP Processing, CHC London. It reads: “For security reasons, your visa(s) can only be issued by our office in London.”

• I wonder if I really need to send passports overseas. My concern is what if they are lost, even if I get insurance?
• Do I have the option to send them to a visa office in Australia itself e.g. in Canadian visa office Sydney

• I lodged my application in CHC London when I was living in UAE (Middle East).
• I live in Australia. I have received a letter from CHC

Thanks
1. They have already told you that "your visa(s) can only be issued by our office in London."
2. So your choice, you either courier your passports to London or you don't get your visa.

OzMan

Mar 31, 2014
Thanks PMM,

You are right, however the reason I asked this is the fact that there is already a visa office in Australia and little I can think of a reason why they are not able to issue the visa here. Most probably if anything other than trained personnel, a computer and a secure connection is required they should have at all the visa offices.

I wonder if anybody else has had a similar situation that has dealt with differently.

Cheers,

Nxk

Aug 6, 2014
Hi can you share your experiences I am in exactly same situation
Started my visa process to Canada from u.a.e and now in Australia and received passport request from CHC London.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Nxk said:
Hi can you share your experiences I am in exactly same situation
Started my visa process to Canada from u.a.e and now in Australia and received passport request from CHC London.
As PMM explained, you need to send your passport to London.

Nxk

Aug 6, 2014
scylla said:
As PMM explained, you need to send your passport to London.
Thank you for confirming , I did not put my question completely. my wrong

I wanted to know in Current process (since Apr 2014) do we need to courier to VAC (VFS ) or CHC London directly (from Australia) ? VAC website mentions more about residents of UK and Nordic countries.

I have sent query to both (CHC as well as VFS) however I am confused since CHC Letter mentions use VAC (very generic) and my migration agent mentions to send it to CHC directly. It may take long for them to reply.

I have received a confirmation from another applicant who went with VFS and it worked for him however it added some delay.