+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to extend expiring TRV if I have a work permit till 2019

nqtri

Feb 23, 2017
My TRV is expiring this July, 2017. However, I have a work permit till March 2019 and have a nomination from BC to apply for PR under Skills Immigration and will send in my application to Federal government soon. Do I need to apply to extend my TRV if I plan to travel out of the country this year?

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nqtri said:
My TRV is expiring this July, 2017. However, I have a work permit till March 2019 and have a nomination from BC to apply for PR under Skills Immigration and will send in my application to Federal government soon. Do I need to apply to extend my TRV if I plan to travel out of the country this year?
When do you plan to travel? If it is after July 2017, then you need to apply for a new TRV to be able to re-enter the country.

If it is before July 2017 and you are coming back before the expiry date, check TRV if it is for multiple entry - if it is, there is no need to extend or renew the TRV for travelling out of the country and coming back as long as you come back before expiry date in July.

If it is for single entry even if it has not expired yet - you have to apply for a new TRV before you travel out of the country so you can present the TRV when you come back.

.../atb

tushya

Oct 27, 2016
nqtri said:
I don't think you need to renew your TRV, since you already got a work permit. Basically you can do anything except study in this country.

moneywater

Dec 10, 2012
Canada
NOC Code......
[color=blue]2241[/color]
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Passport Req..
XX-XX-2017
LANDED..........
already in!!
no need for TRV if planning to travel to US, if you want to travel to any other country, you require TRV to enter canada.

tushya

Oct 27, 2016
nqtri said:
Oh I got what you meant. Yes you do need to renew your Visa if you plan to travel! Sorry about the confusion here.