+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need an immigration lawyer to push my case?

tanvir1982

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
I have applied for PR through EE-FSW stream. My AOR is Dec 2 , 2018. My case is is taking too long to be processed. I have requested 2 sets of GCMS notes and as per latest GCMS notes received on January 31, 2020 I have passed eligibility, criminality. Security is still pending. I think for some unknown reason i am in in depth security screening, which is taking forever. I was relieved to receive remedical request on Feb 9, 2020 (as everybody said in forum that this is a sure sign of incoming PPR). I completed medical examination for 2nd time on Feb 15, 2020 and passed medical on Feb 17, 2020. Since then...................... I am waiting but still no sign of PPR. Many forum members have received PPR within 7-15 days of passing remedical. Some of my acquaintances are advising me to hire an immigration consultant to give my case a final push.

under this circumstance, I would appreciate any input from this forum members whether i really need an immigration consultant/lawyer at this stage and how much they may charge ?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Give it until the end of March at least, that's my advice.

You're already close to the end of the process, by the time your immigration lawyer even gets into a position where they can start being of use, you will most likely already have PPR.

I also don't know what your immigration lawyer could realistically do for you, because you don't have a problem as such. It's just taking time for the security check to be completed, and the finalisation of your file.

I think you just need to be patient for a little while longer.

Everything points to you getting it soon.

• Love
Reactions: tanvir1982

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have applied for PR through EE-FSW stream. My AOR is Dec 2 , 2018. My case is is taking too long to be processed. I have requested 2 sets of GCMS notes and as per latest GCMS notes received on January 31, 2020 I have passed eligibility, criminality. Security is still pending. I think for some unknown reason i am in in depth security screening, which is taking forever. I was relieved to receive remedical request on Feb 9, 2020 (as everybody said in forum that this is a sure sign of incoming PPR). I completed medical examination for 2nd time on Feb 15, 2020 and passed medical on Feb 17, 2020. Since then...................... I am waiting but still no sign of PPR. Many forum members have received PPR within 7-15 days of passing remedical. Some of my acquaintances are advising me to hire an immigration consultant to give my case a final push.

under this circumstance, I would appreciate any input from this forum members whether i really need an immigration consultant/lawyer at this stage and how much they may charge ?
A lawyer cannot help to expedite your case. Having a lawyer won't make IRCC process your case faster. It will be a complete waste of money.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Agree with scylla. A lawyer will not be able to influence the processing time at all and will be a waste of money.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......

As I have always said if you want to waste your money get a lawyer or an immigration consultant.

Nothing either of them could possibly do. Your file will take as long as it can take to be processed, nothing you or a lawyer can do about it.

It seems though that things are moving forward so I would say the wait is almost over.

Hang in there!