+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have to explain the large transfers on my bank statement?

Elaine83

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
App. Filed.......
10-07-2011
IELTS Request
Band 7 IELTS
Med's Request
N/A
Interview........
01-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-08-2011
LANDED..........
31-08-2011
Junaid.Bjorn said:
Lol
All u have to do is show the minimum requirement. But ofcourse, the more u show th better. If he sees that u had the minimum amount 5 months ago, and now after the transfers it is 4 times the minimum requirement, it wont be a problem.
I'm not filthy rich lol! all I can show is the minimum requirement which were transferred this month. I had money before the transfers but it was so small :)

Junaid.Bjorn

Star Member
May 25, 2011
Visa Office......
CHC Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2011
Doc's Request.
waiting
IELTS Request
Submitted with app. 7.5 Band
VISA ISSUED...
Insha-Allah
Elaine83 said:
I'm not filthy rich lol! all I can show is the minimum requirement which were transferred this month. I had money before the transfers but it was so small :)
I don't think it should pose big problems. However, you might want to explain it. I think it's all up to you. You can choose to do so. However i agree with rhasan, tellin the VO that it's a loan doesn't seem necessary.

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
Junaid.Bjorn said:
I don't think it should pose big problems. However, you might want to explain it. I think it's all up to you. You can choose to do so. However i agree with rhasan, tellin the VO that it's a loan doesn't seem necessary.
I don't think it's necessary to write about the fund in sop too. Just show them the bank statement that's all and proof of other financial documents. VO only wants to see the reasons for applying for this visa in SOP.

Elaine83

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
App. Filed.......
10-07-2011
IELTS Request
Band 7 IELTS
Med's Request
N/A
Interview........
01-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-08-2011
LANDED..........
31-08-2011
rhasan said:
I don't think it's necessary to write about the fund in sop too. Just show them the bank statement that's all and proof of other financial documents. VO only wants to see the reasons for applying for this visa in SOP.
Thanks thanks guys!..I am now drafting my SOP ;)

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
Elaine83 said:
Thanks thanks guys! I was just thinking that if I mentioned that I will pay back once Im back to my country --will be a plus on the home ties issue.. or not? hehe..I am now drafting my SOP ;)
Since this is not a loan and more of a family favor, I don't think it will have any impact. In fact mentioning about that might make the VO think, what if the applicant stay back to earn for giving back the money?!

Elaine83

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
App. Filed.......
10-07-2011
IELTS Request
Band 7 IELTS
Med's Request
N/A
Interview........
01-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-08-2011
LANDED..........
31-08-2011
rhasan said:
Since this is not a loan and more of a family favor, I don't think it will have any impact. In fact mentioning about that might make the VO think, what if the applicant stay back to earn for giving back the money?!
thanks rhasan!

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
Elaine83 said:
thanks rhasan!
you are welcome and best of luck with your application.

Uli

Jul 31, 2010
I got refused student visa two times. First because there was not enough funds, second time I made sure it's more than enough but got refused again because I didn't provide the information where the money came from (sent by a very good friend). This wasn't written in a letter of refusal I just talked to the embassy workers (I didn't get why was I refused second time and I asked and asked). So when I had an interview with a consulate he told me to provide the letter explaining where the money came from so my friend wrote very personal letter describing our relationship and why they want to help me. I got my visa! So my advise - explain where the money came from and ask your relative to write a letter.

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
Uli said:
I got refused student visa two times. First because there was not enough funds, second time I made sure it's more than enough but got refused again because I didn't provide the information where the money came from (sent by a very good friend). This wasn't written in a letter of refusal I just talked to the embassy workers (I didn't get why was I refused second time and I asked and asked). So when I had an interview with a consulate he told me to provide the letter explaining where the money came from so my friend wrote very personal letter describing our relationship and why they want to help me. I got my visa! So my advise - explain where the money came from and ask your relative to write a letter.
Finally with an experience person regarding this matter. Thanks for letting us know about this :D And congrates on getting the visa in your 3rd attempt.

Elaine83

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
App. Filed.......
10-07-2011
IELTS Request
Band 7 IELTS
Med's Request
N/A
Interview........
01-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-08-2011
LANDED..........
31-08-2011
Uli said:
Hi Uli thanks for your post. I was just wondering what did your friend wrote on the letter? are you supposed to payback the friend in the future or not? I assume that you no longer need to show any type of documents of the friend like financial statements right? or any other for forms of identification? My situation is a little bit tricky cause I borrowed the money from a relative who is in canada and I dont want to give an impression to the VO that I will not leave canada anymore cause there is someone there who can assist me financially. When the VO asked for an explanation did he asked specifically that it should be a friend or was it you who initiated to ask for a letter from the friend?

Uli

Jul 31, 2010
I didn't provide any bank info from the friend and it was a gift so i don't have to give it back. She clearly stated in the letter that I will come back to my country because she knows about my dreams and vision, why do i need to be in canada and all that. How will it benefit to me. She explained where we met and assured to contact her if they have any questions. Just personal letter very positive and proving that i am a trustworthy person who won't stay in canada illegaly. You can even write a draft yourself and send it to your relative and if they agree they sign it.

Bless you

Elaine83

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
App. Filed.......
10-07-2011
IELTS Request
Band 7 IELTS
Med's Request
N/A
Interview........
01-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-08-2011
LANDED..........
31-08-2011
Uli said:
I didn't provide any bank info from the friend and it was a gift so i don't have to give it back. She clearly stated in the letter that I will come back to my country because she knows about my dreams and vision, why do i need to be in canada and all that. How will it benefit to me. She explained where we met and assured to contact her if they have any questions. Just personal letter very positive and proving that i am a trustworthy person who won't stay in canada illegaly. You can even write a draft yourself and send it to your relative and if they agree they sign it.

Bless you
Hi Uli, I think I can do this but Im not sure with the contact details part. Doing this will show that she is in Canada. can you please let me know what other ways I can do?

rayhan0701

Apr 13, 2011
Well guys i think you know snake who applied and get refused. He told me that he only give 6 months statement but later they asked for last one year statement. So i think its a safe bat to provide 1 year statement it will reduce time(if they wanted it later).

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
rayhan0701 said:
Well guys i think you know snake who applied and get refused. He told me that he only give 6 months statement but later they asked for last one year statement. So i think its a safe bat to provide 1 year statement it will reduce time(if they wanted it later).
Snake got rejected? :O

Elaine83

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
App. Filed.......
10-07-2011
IELTS Request
Band 7 IELTS
Med's Request
N/A
Interview........
01-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-08-2011
LANDED..........
31-08-2011
rayhan0701 said:
Thats sad new :(

My savings account is not 1 year yet. I think its somewhere bet 8-10 months only so I will just show 6 months statement. I have funds on that earlier but really a few. most of the funds were transferred this month only.