+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

do i get a travel document for sure

priyabhee

Sep 23, 2015
hello ....i got pr along with my dad in 2006 and it was expired in 2011..i was in canada for only 1 month and was supposed to come back to india and finish my schooling as i was a minor and was in 8th standard...later i got a free admission in dentistry and i completed 5 years course and i am a certified dentist in india now in 2015.... i am 22 now....my dad is in canada since 2006 and owns his business and now he is a canadian citizen...now in 2015 i want to do my furthur studies in canada and settle there ...how can i enter into canada with expired pr..do i get a travel document for sure ? ...if no what are the other way to enter into canada ..plz help me regarding this issue ...thank u

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't think you are guaranteed to be approved for a travel document due to your age. If you were a few years younger - then you could be confident that a travel document will be approved. But based on your age, it's no longer a guarantee.

You can certainly try applying for a travel document under H&C considerations. If it's refused - you can try to appeal.

Alternatively, you can travel to the US and try to enter Canada by land using your landing document. If you are able to reenter Canada without being reported, you can remain in Canada for 2 years and will then be able to renew your PR status. Note that during those two years, you may find it difficult to attend school and / or obtain provincial health care coverage. You may also find it difficult to work if you don't already have a SIN.

FredCanada

Aug 16, 2014
scylla said:
I don't think you are guaranteed to be approved for a travel document due to your age. If you were a few years younger - then you could be confident that a travel document will be approved. But based on your age, it's no longer a guarantee.

You can certainly try applying for a travel document under H&C considerations. If it's refused - you can try to appeal.

Alternatively, you can travel to the US and try to enter Canada by land using your landing document. If you are able to reenter Canada without being reported, you can remain in Canada for 2 years and will then be able to renew your PR status. Note that during those two years, you may find it difficult to attend school and / or obtain provincial health care coverage. You may also find it difficult to work if you don't already have a SIN.
Yes...Scylla is right about attending school. Any attempt to apply for professional certification, university courses requires a valid PR Card. All jobs in universities, colleges and government institutions require a valid PR Card.

Looks like if you managed to get a PRTD and enter Canada you cannot be a practicing dentist until you apply for professional certification which is likely to be in 2 years time. Please be prepared to sit around and wait until you get a valid PR card. I am guessing you would like to practice dentistry in Canada.

Best of Luck

Fred

Josh2016

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Based on what I know from my sister's experience, while waiting for her PR card she can study and work part time, but she needs SIN number to work and to apply for school. She applies from overseas and what they ask is the SIN number.