+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I (a postdoc) need a new job offer to get arranged employment 50 points?

tianlu777

Sep 15, 2022
Just an update that I received the portal email. So for postdoc an offer letter with a fixed but reasonably late end date could work. Worth a try if your CRS score can only be boosted by a valid job offer to reach the cut-off.

Dr. M.I

Jul 20, 2023
Just an update that I received the portal email. So for postdoc an offer letter with a fixed but reasonably late end date could work. Worth a try if your CRS score can only be boosted by a valid job offer to reach the cut-off.
Dear @tianlu777, could you please share how much was the total duration of your post doc mentioned on the offer letter? Was this a new offer or existing post doc with an offer for new contract?

adinar15

Nov 30, 2023
Hi All,
Another fellow postdoc with job offer question.
So, I joined my University in May 2022 and worked with it until April 2023. From May 2023 - April 2024 I was offered another postdoc fellowship (new job offer letter for one year was provided). In the employment record and employment status letters, my lab manager wrote that my offer can be extended to April 2025. Here is the exact wordings from the letter

Job Status: The initial appointment ended on April 30, 2023. Dr. AA was subsequently appointed as a Postdoctoral Fellow Scholar effective May 1, 2023 (funded by a AA Fellowship Award for 1-year, with potential for renewal from May 1, 2024 to April 30, 2025)

Is this appropriate? I am bit anxious as since three weeks my eligibility is in process on tracker.
Let me know your thoughts!!!

cassie_lele

Apr 21, 2024
Hi All,
Another fellow postdoc with job offer question.
So, I joined my University in May 2022 and worked with it until April 2023. From May 2023 - April 2024 I was offered another postdoc fellowship (new job offer letter for one year was provided). In the employment record and employment status letters, my lab manager wrote that my offer can be extended to April 2025. Here is the exact wordings from the letter

Job Status: The initial appointment ended on April 30, 2023. Dr. AA was subsequently appointed as a Postdoctoral Fellow Scholar effective May 1, 2023 (funded by a AA Fellowship Award for 1-year, with potential for renewal from May 1, 2024 to April 30, 2025)

Is this appropriate? I am bit anxious as since three weeks my eligibility is in process on tracker.
Let me know your thoughts!!!
Hi adinar15, any updates on your case? Thank you!