+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Distance/Part time Masters Degree is Valid as per WES ECA?

IMTS

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
I'm doing my Masters online. I contacted them the other day regarding WeS validation, and they confirmed that have had students get their ECA's

ecpradeep1

Star Member
Apr 7, 2016
i dont think they will evalate post graduate diploma as a master degree..

I highly doubt that..

Wes will evaluate but not may not award you a masters for it.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vabs200 said:
Hello, any idea if Post Graduate Diploma in International Business from Symbiosis School of Distance Learning would be recognized by WES as Maters? I have already got points for two or more post secondary degress but would also like to get my PG Diploma assessed in case I can earn some extra points...thanks
Almost definitely not.

Ramesh K

Oct 4, 2016
Dear mr Raghav,
can you please send me the procedure that how have you applied ignou to get ECA report from them?
i want it to be done . but i am clueless how to start with and from where.
please help .
thanks
Ramesh K

raghuNavale said:
Hi Salej

Even i did my MCA from IGNOU which is a Distance Education

Its been recognised by WES i got my ECA report last week itself

Ta!
Raghav

Reactions: Ahmed Hussain

amarora90

Oct 16, 2016
sasa2016 said:
Hello Friends! Could you please let me know if Tilak Maharashtra vidyapeeth Pune deemed university is approved by WES? I have completed 2 years degree distance education. This was not appearing in the equivalent degree tool but in while registering the wes?
Hi,

I have a BCA from Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth Pune. This University is not in the WES University List. Can i still ask them to do an ECA for this University.
Also, has anyone from this University gotten an ECA done would like to know how they went about getting transcripts and submitting their ECA.

Any help would be appreciated as i have already searched this forum for these answers and couldn’t find any.

Thanks,
Ankit

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
YamPower said:
Untrue. My MBA was part-time and I got 135 points for education. Got ITA in the last draw.
Agree with this. My masters is through an online part time program in the US. It is treated exactly the same by WES as a full-time, on campus masters degree.

SurbhiS

Feb 23, 2017
Hi, I am planning to do Distance learning MBA. Please advice which university I should go for to be assessed by WES.

My options so far are: Annamalai University, Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies.

I am open to other options too.

Jayy

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SurbhiS said:
Hi, I am planning to do Distance learning MBA. Please advice which university I should go for to be assessed by WES.

My options so far are: Annamalai University, Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies.

I am open to other options too.
Any university is fine until they are recognised by the DEB (Distance Education Bureau-UGC), as the ECA bodies take recognition also into account.

Below link provides you with a list of recognised universities in India for the year 2016-17 and onwards.

http://www.ugc.ac.in/deb/pdf/Recognition%20for%202016-17-%20DEB.pdf

Choose wisely. Good luck.

VISHAN78

Nov 18, 2016
I did my PGDM from Symbiosis (SCMHRD) which is now part of SIU (Symbiosis International University). The name is not present in the link you had provided below. Would my education not be evaluated?

Jayy

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISHAN78 said:
I did my PGDM from Symbiosis (SCMHRD) which is now part of SIU (Symbiosis International University). The name is not present in the link you had provided below. Would my education not be evaluated?
That's for the year 2016 - 17 and onwards.

Which year did you enroll in the course? You can search the recognition status of your university for that particular year.

Canque

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Hi Anxious
My brother is doing same distance learning MBA from Australian University. If you have got your eca evaluated. Can you please tell me do they consider this distance program into Masters category? Please reply..

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
abhijithpp said:
Is 6 month certificate program done from IGNOU is valid (Certificate in Digital marketing,eligibility qualification is degree or HSC with 2 year work exp) ? I need to get point for 2 or more post secondary degree. Please help.Is there any duration requirement for certificate program ?I have 4 year Btech dgegree in IT in addition to that.
Hi Abhijit,

I read that you have done a certificate course from IGNOU in Digital Marketing. I am also looking to do one.

Can you please suggest me which would be the best, recognized University for this course??

How did you benefit from doing this course from IGNOU? Would you recommend it ?

Thanks a lot :)

VISHAN78

Nov 18, 2016
I enrolled in the year 2002-2004. I am not sure if it was recognized by UGC at that time of admission. Is it possible to verify the same?

Thanks!

akay07

Mar 19, 2017
VISHAN78 said:
I enrolled in the year 2002-2004. I am not sure if it was recognized by UGC at that time of admission. Is it possible to verify the same?

Thanks!
Hi I did from SIIB same batch as you...received my report from WES. Symbiosis is not recognised University so Masters not considered. doesn't matter full time or part time.