+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Distance/Part time Masters Degree is Valid as per WES ECA?

shmotash

Jun 12, 2011
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-06-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
Med's Done....
31-05-2017
Hi sraj07, Thank you for the reply.

Do you have a Masters from Annamalai? Did you submit both Bachelors and Masters for the assessment?

After confirming with ICAS, I have sent my Masters only to ICAS for the assessment. Still waiting.

With the assessment you received from WES, how many points can you claim?

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Hi ,

I used WES . First in the month of April I sent only my bachelor's for evaluation . Because I couldnot get my MBA certificates from Anna University at that time .

Then in the month of July , I was able to get all the docs for Masters-MBA -distance mode from Anna univ . So I applied for " Upgrade " of the evaluation (which means u are adding another degree to existing evaluation / already evaluated ) . So WES upgraded my earlier report to Master's .

So my WES report tells " Bachelors (4 yr) and Masters".

To answer your question, yes I did sent both the degrees for evaluation , but not at same time . The only reason why I did like this is , I couldnot get my Mba docs in first place ,otherwise would have done together.

bhatiab

Jul 3, 2015
Hi can somebody tell me if MCA from ignou is considered part time or full time? Its a question in ita

Arun_chn

Oct 5, 2015
sraj07 said:
Hi ,

I used WES . First in the month of April I sent only my bachelor's for evaluation . Because I couldnot get my MBA certificates from Anna University at that time .

Then in the month of July , I was able to get all the docs for Masters-MBA -distance mode from Anna univ . So I applied for " Upgrade " of the evaluation (which means u are adding another degree to existing evaluation / already evaluated ) . So WES upgraded my earlier report to Master's .

To answer your question, yes I did sent both the degrees for evaluation , but not at same time . The only reason why I did like this is , I couldnot get my Mba docs in first place ,otherwise would have done together.
Hello sraj07,

Thanks for the information. My case is too very similar to yours. I have sent only my bachelor's (BE) for WES evaluation and i have received a reply as Bachelors 4yrs, Now I need to get my MBA (HRM) from pondicherry university done through Distance education evaluated.

Will WES be providing me with the 2yrs Masters for distance education from pondicherry university., please help me on this.. Can you please share your email or mobile number so that i can reach you for more details.

Thanks in advance.

Jayy

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shmotash said:
Hi all,

Need some input from the seniors here. I have a four year bachelors degree (Regular) and a two year masters degree from Annamalai University (part time / distance education). Both from India. Finding it difficult to contact the University where I did my bachelors degree so I contacted ICAS to confirm if they can provide an assessment based on my masters degree alone to which they sent me a positive reply. I went ahead with the process. They have received masters transcripts from the university almost a month ago but haven't heard anything from them yet.

Does anyone here have any experience with this? Anyone got assessment done only for their masters degree and got assessed as equivalent to a Canadian Masters (126 points)?

How did WES/ICAS assess your two year part time masters degree from Annamalai University (or part time MBA from any other University)?

I am hoping to claim 126 points for the masters degree.
Hi

Kindly guide me through procedure to apply for transcripts from Annamalai University. Many thanks in advance.

sasa2016

Feb 22, 2016
Hello Friends! Could you please let me know if Tilak Maharashtra vidyapeeth Pune deemed university is approved by WES? I have completed 2 years degree distance education. This was not appearing in the equivalent degree tool but in while registering the wes?

rubinaaugust

May 16, 2016
Hi, i have done integrated course (BCA+MCA with 66 percent in both) from IGNOU.
Though IGNOU is recognised by WES. Also WES equivalency tool show MCA as Masters eqvivalent.
Curious to know if anybody with same education has evaluated their education from WES?
If yes, whether it was considered as Masters or anything else?

Appreciate quick responses.

Reactions: zeeshanz

knowAndShare

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
As long as your university/institute is in the list of recognized institutions, then I think it doesn't matter if your degree/diploma is distance learning, part-time or correspondence.

I personally know people who have B.Com(correspondence) from Delhi university, MBA(Distance Learning) from Maharishi Dayanand university and MCA(Distance learning) from Punjab Technical university and all of them got successfully assessed as Masters from WES.

Reactions: adityagupta88

ecpradeep1

Star Member
Apr 7, 2016
I have completed 2 years MBA via distance education from Madras university. Will it be recognised as Master degree? I need it to be evaluated to increase my Express Entry score.

Any comments supporting this are highly appreciated.

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
Helllo seniors and my friends,
we all are here for help each other to attain one common goal....i also want ask same question...my Post Graduate Diploma Computer Application distance under Distance learning from Panjab technical university...so anyone can tell me should i go ahead or not?
anyone my friend who had done his/her ECA of distance education???
thanks frends and all d best to all......stay happy and help eachother

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sraj07 said:
Hi ,

Hi,
My case is similiar to yours. I too have got my Bachelors evaluated and now planning for masters ECA (M.com Periyar University, distance learning).

Can you please tell me whether the "WES ECA Reference number" remains same or does it change with upgradation of Masters evaluation ?

vickyr019

Sep 27, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sraj07 said:
Hi ,

Hello...
Can I send both my B-tech(Full time) and E-MBA (distance learning) for ECA to WES at the same time or I should send it separately?
Can the reference number remains same or changed?
Is there an additional fees for assessment of 2 Degrees by WES ?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vickyr019 said:
Hello...
Can I send both my B-tech(Full time) and E-MBA (distance learning) for ECA to WES at the same time or I should send it separately?
Can the reference number remains same or changed?
Is there an additional fees for assessment of 2 Degrees by WES ?
You can send them together.
No additional fee is charged for 2 degrees.

vabs200

Aug 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, any idea if Post Graduate Diploma in International Business from Symbiosis School of Distance Learning would be recognized by WES as Maters? I have already got points for two or more post secondary degress but would also like to get my PG Diploma assessed in case I can earn some extra points...thanks