+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Disclosure of Documents from ICAC.

Gfr

Star Member
Sep 7, 2022
Hello. Today I got a letter : you are receiving this letter as the hearing for your claim for refugee protection is ready to be scheduled by the immigration….(virtually).
No any date or asking for additional documents. Only said if you need to have it in person contact us.
I am really confused, I was expecting to get IRB letter about my claim and when send additional documents. But I got this letter about hearing with no date.

have you received sth like this?

Gfr

Star Member
Sep 7, 2022
No update yet
No mail either received
Did you get that in a mail or in your portal
Just worried coz I have no updates since February when minister didnot show interest to intervene in the ICAC letter.
Strange how I got the brown paper in January and no hearing has been scheduled yet.

Mitti

Star Member
Nov 3, 2022
No update yet
No mail either received
Did you get that in a mail or in your portal
Just worried coz I have no updates since February when minister didnot show interest to intervene in the ICAC letter.
Strange how I got the brown paper in January and no hearing has been scheduled yet.
No any update in portal, I called them last week and an old lady was calling me back that they sent a letter 2 months ago via mail to my address and waiting for additional document to process my case under file review, which I haven’t gotten. She sent it back again and I forwarded my documents via email. She called again and told me is not enough for less complex case. I gathered more docs and sent it back. I don’t know what they need from me. She was super super strict. Hope will going well.

you can call them and follow up about your case. Maybe they thought they sent a letter but that letter never received to u like me

Last edited:

Gfr

Star Member
Sep 7, 2022
No any update in portal, I called them last week and an old lady was calling me back that they sent a letter 2 months ago via mail to my address and waiting for additional document to process my case under file review, which I haven’t gotten. She sent it back again and I forwarded my documents via email. She called again and told me is not enough for less complex case. I gathered more docs and sent it back. I don’t know what they need from me. She was super super strict. Hope will going well.

you can call them and follow up about your case. Maybe they thought they sent a letter but that letter never received to u like me
I called last few days and all they said was my file is in process and if a hearing date was scheduled I will get a mail. All we’ve got to do is wait.
Hearing not schedules yet for a year after application,

Littlebeee

Star Member
Jan 6, 2023
I called last few days and all they said was my file is in process and if a hearing date was scheduled I will get a mail. All we’ve got to do is wait.
Hearing not schedules yet for a year after application,
Do you have a lawyer ?

Gfr

Star Member
Sep 7, 2022
My lawyer knew my hearing date until I pressured him before he told me. You might wanna call to ask.
Oh, is that? Mine aaked me to avoid calling him and avoid sending multiple emails, and will not stop reminding me it’s legal aid and he’s not been paid yet etc. I called IRB and was told my application is still in process and I will hear from them when a hearing date is scheduled. Don’t want to waste my time calling my lawyer as he won’t pick up neither will he respond to mails. He chooses what mail to respond to.

Littlebeee

Star Member
Jan 6, 2023
Oh, is that? Mine aaked me to avoid calling him and avoid sending multiple emails, and will not stop reminding me it’s legal aid and he’s not been paid yet etc. I called IRB and was told my application is still in process and I will hear from them when a hearing date is scheduled. Don’t want to waste my time calling my lawyer as he won’t pick up neither will he respond to mails. He chooses what mail to respond to.
Hmmmm I see I hope he gets you a hearing date ASAP

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
What’s your timeline?

Gfr

Star Member
Sep 7, 2022
What’s your timeline?
Claim oct 2022
First interview Dec 2022
Brown paper and work permit jan 2023
ICAC(Task force for less complex cases)No minister intervention -Regular hearing check marked Feb 2023
No updates afterwards

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
Claim oct 2022
First interview Dec 2022
Brown paper and work permit jan 2023
ICAC(Task force for less complex cases)No minister intervention -Regular hearing check marked Feb 2023
No updates afterwards
Just letting you know, that was fast, I made my application in May 2021 and I finally got my hearing Sep 2023, 2.5 years!! My first hearing was supposed to be for May 2023 they canceled 1 day before. God time is perfect but I have seen that 2022 applications are faster than 2021 So have faith and you will have a date soon

Gfr

Star Member
Sep 7, 2022
Just letting you know, that was fast, I made my application in May 2021 and I finally got my hearing Sep 2023, 2.5 years!! My first hearing was supposed to be for May 2023 they canceled 1 day before. God time is perfect but I have seen that 2022 applications are faster than 2021 So have faith and you will have a date soon
God knows how desperately I want my process speed up. He sees and knows it all
Hopefully I should be getting good news soon

Reactions: Mitti