+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Disable person citizenship test

Abaig2

Feb 21, 2019
Hi,I live in Mississauga and my Citizenship test is in Scarborough. Can I contact them and ask to change the location of test in Mississauga?How can I contact them? Also my husband is Parkinson’s patient I told Cic that he can not appear in test as he can not learn about Canadian history and all due to his disease. But he is called for test. What should I do?Thanks in advance.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Hi,I live in Mississauga and my Citizenship test is in Scarborough. Can I contact them and ask to change the location of test in Mississauga?How can I contact them? Also my husband is Parkinson’s patient I told Cic that he can not appear in test as he can not learn about Canadian history and all due to his disease. But he is called for test. What should I do?Thanks in advance.
Hi, the reason your test is in Mississauga is because that's where your processing office is located, which is determined by your place of residence. So you cannot request a change in location. As for your husband, his application should've included a medical waiver form. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/decisions/waivers-medical-opinions.html
If you want to contact them, you can use the web form or the call centre. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html

Reactions: jc94 and Abaig2

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Did you actually go through the proper process to request a medical waiver? Given that Parkinson's is primarily a physical disease with little cognitive effect, especially in early stages, how is he unable to learn the history?

Reactions: canuck78

Abaig2

Feb 21, 2019
when I applied I mention in form that he has mental disability. I also include a doctor note. I don’t know why they didn’t send any question regarding his disease they just sent test date today and test is on 1st February.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
when I applied I mention in form that he has mental disability. I also include a doctor note. I don’t know why they didn’t send any question regarding his disease they just sent test date today and test is on 1st February.
That is because Parkinson’s won’t effect his ability to learn. If he has another diagnosed condition that is causing cognitive impairment that is different. Sounds like he may not pass the English proficiency test and you are trying to get him excused due to medical reasons.