Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
01-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
Hi All,

I am 28 and from India. My NOC is 0 (2 years) and A(1 year) in Marketing. I have done my Masters here in India. I am current in a dilemma if i should enter the EE now under the FSWP or if it makes sense to go and study for two years in Canada and then apply for PR. Currently, even if i secure a CLB 9 my CRS score would be 461. Please suggest what I should do.

Thanks,
MC

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
Two years study is a long time to predict CRS cutoffs, changes in EE, new rules, economy etc. Dont just go for study for the sole purpose of immigration.

mandy.c

Sep 3, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
02-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
01-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
dan_and said:
Studying in Canada alone is not going to give you any more points, provided your Master's is recognised as such in Canada. The only way to obtain more points is to get a PGWP and work in Canada. But be aware that you will start losing points after 30, so you will have to net that against the gain from Canadian work experience (which will still be a net gain)

I recommend you do your ECA for your foreign degrees now to see where you stand.
Thank you for your recommendation @dan_and :)

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
mandy.c said:
Hi All,

I am 28 and from India. My NOC is 0 (2 years) and A(1 year) in Marketing. I have done my Masters here in India. I am current in a dilemma if i should enter the EE now under the FSWP or if it makes sense to go and study for two years in Canada and then apply for PR. Currently, even if i secure a CLB 9 my CRS score would be 461. Please suggest what I should do.

Thanks,
MC
You can go ahead and create your Express Entry profile (once you have IELTS and ECA ready) with the current experience as it looks like you are eligible for FSW. You do not have to spend money and time in Canada to get ITA or be eligible for PR.

461 is a good score and I believe that the scores for direct ITA may come down. Also, if OINP opens in November or later, you stand a chance to apply for their provincial nomination as well, which will give you 600 points and make you eligible to get ITA in any draw. Or else you can try other provinces.