+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

difference between regular LMIA And LMIA for Pr

dactoan.nguyen

Dec 5, 2018
Hi Everyone,
Could any one explain what is LMIA for PR and how can we apply PR with this? I found a employer which is willing to support my PR application and they told me they will go with LMIA PR. I'm holding open WP.

royal citizen

May 31, 2022
Support their permanent residency only means: the employer will hire the foreign national only after their immigration application is processed and the permanent residency is approved. This option does not have a processing fee.
Obtain a work permit and support their permanent residency means the employer will hire the foreign national as a temporary foreign worker before or while their permanent residence application is being processed. This option requires paying a processing fee.

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
Congrats then buddy, there will be lots of jealous people here (me included).

So you can use this LMIA to gain 600 points on your EE profile, but not to get a temp working visa. Good luck with your submission!
Can I use this LMIA for PR while Im holding PGWP?

Nkh2024

Jan 22, 2024
Hello everyone. Is there any one here who knows about how could be the process after positive LMIA (dual intend)? One employer applied an LMIA for me, but they are start up and can't pay my salary now. currently I am working for another employer and if I get a positive LMIA and use it for my PR application, should I leave the current job? I don't know the consequences of having positive LMIA and use it for PR when I have another employer. Can I just use my LMIA for PR without applying for the Close work permit. Thanks for your attention and I hope someone could help me in this regard.

Last edited: