+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

difference between regular LMIA And LMIA for Pr

bigbert0320

Jul 29, 2015
Good Day Everyone!

I would like to as if what is the difference between a regular LMIA and a LMIA for PR? Any information would help.

Thanks!

Islanders

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Never heard 2 differences of LMIA. LMIA is prove that you have legal job offer from canadian employer. With LMIA then you can get closed work permit. To apply PR, you need to get the provincial nominee certificate OR apply through express entry/cec or what ever it is.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are two options when applying for LMIA to support PR, which is what you are asking I think.

One is only to support your PR application - this is at no application cost to your employer.

The second option is to apply to support your PR application AND a closed work permit at the same time. The cost is $1000.

bigbert0320

Jul 29, 2015
ozlis said:
There are two options when applying for LMIA to support PR, which is what you are asking I think.

One is only to support your PR application - this is at no application cost to your employer.

The second option is to apply to support your PR application AND a closed work permit at the same time. The cost is $1000.
thanks ozlis! Coz I have an LMIA for PR.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats then buddy, there will be lots of jealous people here (me included).

So you can use this LMIA to gain 600 points on your EE profile, but not to get a temp working visa. Good luck with your submission!

mihais2u

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
Nov 07, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 13, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 05, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 07, 2015
LANDED..........
May 16, 2015
I have a question here for the experts in this matter. My friend also have an LMIA to support PR and in that LMIA under Duration of employment is saying: Indeterminate / permanent.
My question now: For what period he should apply for his work permit? 1,2 or 3 Years?

Thanks in advance for your answers

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mihais2u said:
I have a question here for the experts in this matter. My friend also have an LMIA to support PR and in that LMIA under Duration of employment is saying: Indeterminate / permanent.
My question now: For what period he should apply for his work permit? 1,2 or 3 Years?

If it was an LMIA to only support the PR and not to provide a work visa, I'm not sure that he can apply for a temporary work visa using that LMIA.

Was it a dual intent LMIA?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

mihais2u said:

1 None, since the LMIA only supports PR not a work permit

dh5689

Aug 20, 2014
I Have LMIA for work permit application...so is there any way employer can change it to PR support LMIA as that LMIA still valid for 3 more months..Thanks in advance.

stellcy

Oct 17, 2017

what are the ways to get a LIMA for PR purposes only.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
what are the ways to get a LIMA for PR purposes only.
You need to find an employer willing to offer you a full time job in Canada. Apply for jobs through reputable sites such as indeed and linkedin. Generally speaking, it's typically next to impossible to find employers willing to go through the process.

Len12345

Jan 6, 2018
Hi i would like to ask if i can still used my old lmia for applying for a new work permit if my employer will only get the lmia for PR. Anyway i am still staying on the same employer who gave me my first lmia.

jmarine089

Oct 28, 2019
i have a LMIA for PR (on first page of it says LMIA stream is Permanent residency), my lawyer has used same LMIA for my work permit as well & i got work permit as well.
does it mean that LMIA for PR can be used for work permit & it'll support PR file as well. ?

Dut29

Jan 16, 2020
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-12-2019
Med's Done....
10-12-2019
Passport Req..
13-01-2020
i have a LMIA for PR (on first page of it says LMIA stream is Permanent residency), my lawyer has used same LMIA for my work permit as well & i got work permit as well.
does it mean that LMIA for PR can be used for work permit & it'll support PR file as well. ?
I also have the same LMIA stream for PR. Does that mean you can apply for PR at the same time applying for your work permit? Any update