+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Difference between Purple & Pink color test invitation

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can any body with information let us know the difference between Purple colored test invitation and Pink colored?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Moe... said:
Can any body with information let us know the difference between Purple colored test invitation and Pink colored?
Probably for the test you will be given. Everyone is not given the same test.

wayne_vega

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
I don't think these are the correct answers.
My invitation was white.
On test day, they came with diff. color folders and passed them out making sure nobody got the same color near him/her.
Everyone else in my session which took place in Mississauga, had white letters.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wayne_vega said:
My invitation was white.
On test day, they came with diff. color folders and passed them out making sure nobody got the same color near him/her.
Did you get Oath invitation upfront or were you told should expect it in two to four weeks?

wayne_vega

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
It should have been upfront since the people on the days before me (Feb. 06) or after, got an invite right on the spot.
We didn't. We were told that on that day they were not going to give out any invites, no reason why...

kimosabe

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
wayne_vega said:
My invitation was white.
If not for this thread, I did not know that test invites now come printed on colored paper, cause I'm used to seeing it printed on plain white paper. Interesting.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

wayne_vega said:
My invitation was white.
Different offices, different procedures?

wayne_vega

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
It's an intriguing mystery, PMM...
What I do know is that Mississauga appears to be an office where routine and non RQd applications go to.
I don't live anywhere near Mississauga. I live in Scarborough, which is way much closer. Not to mention I landed at that office.
I believe the diff. colors must mean something. I seriously doubt they went and bought stacks and stacks of diff. color paper for no reason. Or what, big discount at Staples if you buy assorted colors instead of plain white???

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
For my test in Mississauga, people had one of two colours (sorry I can't remember either colour, I think mine was red). The ones with the same colour as me were taking the written citizenship test. The ones with the other colour were people who were exempt from the test (not of ages 18-54).

wayne_vega

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Very interesting.
On my test day, there were only white papers. I know that for a fact because I could see them all lined up in front and behind me prior to taking the test with the same letter and color I had on their hands as they told us to have it ready before entering the test room.
There were no announcements like "people with red invites go to that room", which was a bit interesting to me since I have read that normally they announce if you are over 54, you don't have to write the test... It's as if they knew all of us were under 54, I guess.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
I should clarify my post - I had two pages in my invite letter. One was the actual invitation letter. That was white. The second one was the one with the red colour and that had some additional generic instructions like "children are not permitted in the test room", "there is pay parking", "make sure you bring 2 photocopies of all current and expired passports", etc. It was that paper that were of different colours on test day. An official asked people to divide into two groups, depending on the colour of that paper.

Phenomenal

Feb 4, 2014
keesio said:
I should clarify my post - I had two pages in my invite letter. One was the actual invitation letter. That was white. The second one was the one with the red colour and that had some additional generic instructions like "children are not permitted in the test room", "there is pay parking", "make sure you bring 2 photocopies of all current and expired passports", etc. It was that paper that were of different colours on test day. An official asked people to divide into two groups, depending on the colour of that paper.

Hello Keesio,

With regards to the 2nd letter that was red in colour in your case, what if the second letter is pink or purple in colour. Is there any significance in the different colours of the second letter?

Thanks in advance for replying me!

Phenomenal.

wayne_vega

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
keesio said:
I then should clarify my own too!
My second page (the one with the generic instructions you refer to), was orange. But then again, all of us had the same orange color for the second page and no announcements were made regarding that fact.
Or could it be that when people state "pink, red, blue, etc." for their letters, they are referring to the second page or to the main page or to both of them???

wayne_vega

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
And if that's the case (second page color), then orange must be bad because none of us got an invite on the spot for the oath ceremony like the people on the days before or after mine (Feb. 06)...