+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did not receive ITA despite have CRS above cut-off

shawn.s

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
Hello guys, any update from anyone? did anyone get their ITAs? I am really very worried :(
can you answer the below queries and maybe some more experienced folks may chime in:

• Primary NOC CODE
  • When was the six months experience ended?
  • CEC eligible?

smartpart

Oct 21, 2020
can you answer the below queries and maybe some more experienced folks may chime in:

• Primary NOC CODE
  • When was the six months experience ended?
  • CEC eligible?
Thanks for your message!
Below are the answers:
  • Primary NOC CODE: 20012
  • When was the six months experience ended?: I have 2 experiences; started Sept 2020 and ended October 2021.
  • CEC eligible? Yes.

shawn.s

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
Sure. here you go:

1st experience started on 1st Sept 2020 and ended on 31st March 2021.
2nd Experience started on 1st April 2021 and ended on 31st October 2021
your first experience is ineligible under last 3 years condition. you are eligible for cec for 1 year of exp. i guess that explains no ITA

PiusCharity

Oct 2, 2023
your first experience is ineligible under last 3 years condition. you are eligible for cec for 1 year of exp. i guess that explains no ITA
I’m confused, last 3 years starts when exactly? Isn’t last 3 years 2020? Plus there’s also a clause about the experience being prior to the start of the STEM program which started in May this year. I don’t see how his first experience is ineligible

Reactions: smartpart

smartpart

Oct 21, 2020
Thanks for your input, I think you misinterpret the experience as the STEM experience that i have is additional to my current CEC experience. Also, I have overseas experience +5y. the IRCC mentioned the below on their website:

Eligibility for the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) occupations category
To be eligible, you must

• have accumulated, within the past 3 years, at least 6 months of full-time, continuous work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work experience)
    • in a single occupation listed in the table below
    • in Canada or abroad
So, I am not sure how did you reach to the conclusion that I am not eligible. I am already working in Canada and eligible for CEC and so far, have accumulated +2Y of Canadian experience as well.

PiusCharity

Oct 2, 2023
I understand we are all confused and it’s easier to jump into conclusions to make ourselves try to understand what really happened, but not until we get clarification from IRCC or get ITAs, we just might never fully comprehend what really happened.

smartpart

Oct 21, 2020
I understand we are all confused and it’s easier to jump into conclusions to make ourselves try to understand what really happened, but not until we get clarification from IRCC or get ITAs, we just might never fully comprehend what really happened.
I agree with you, especially that many people, who I knew, received ITAs in the past draws for either French or the STEM draw the happened in July. they were exactly same year as me of their working experience in IT. So, the government conditions on it are quite straight and easy to comprehend.
the STEM experience that i have is additional to my current CEC experience. Also, I have overseas experience +5y. the IRCC mentioned the below on their website:

Eligibility for the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) occupations category
To be eligible, you must
  • have accumulated, within the past 3 years, at least 6 months of full-time, continuous work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work experience)
    • in Canada or abroad
So, I am not sure how did he reach to the conclusion that I am not eligible. I am already working in Canada and eligible for CEC and so far, have accumulated +2Y of Canadian experience as well.
Let's wait and see.... it is really getting frustrated no to hear anything from IRCC...

Last edited:

smartpart

Oct 21, 2020
Thanks for your input, I think he misinterpret the experience as the STEM experience that i have is additional to my current CEC experience. Also, I have overseas experience +5y. the IRCC mentioned the below on their website:

To be eligible, you must
    • in Canada or abroad
So, I am not sure how did you reach to the conclusion that I am not eligible. I am already working in Canada and eligible for CEC and so far, have accumulated +2Y of Canadian experience as well.

Last edited:

shawn.s

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
I agree with you, especially that many people, who I knew, received ITAs in the past draws for either French or the STEM draw the happened in July. they were exactly same year as me of their working experience in IT. So, the government conditions on it are quite straight and easy to comprehend.
the STEM experience that i have is additional to my current CEC experience. Also, I have overseas experience +5y. the IRCC mentioned the below on their website:

To be eligible, you must
    • in Canada or abroad
So, I am not sure how did he reach to the conclusion that I am not eligible. I am already working in Canada and eligible for CEC and so far, have accumulated +2Y of Canadian experience as well.
Let's wait and see.... it is really getting frustrated no to hear anything from IRCC...

within last 3 years of experience would count from the date of draw. this is how they calculate for PNP and AFAIK, this is how they would calculate for federal as well. your first exp does not hold 6 months if you calculate 'within 3 years' the earlier months stands void for this category. also, as i said, you are eligible for CEC as it has different criteria.

smartpart

Oct 21, 2020
within last 3 years of experience would count from the date of draw. this is how they calculate for PNP and AFAIK, this is how they would calculate for federal as well. your first exp does not hold 6 months if you calculate 'within 3 years' the earlier months stands void for this category. also, as i said, you are eligible for CEC as it has different criteria.
Many thanks for your further explanation, however, this doesn't relate to what IRCC have on their website as there nothing to support your confirmation it is from the date of the draw but not the date of announcement, nor not the date of just getting back to 3 years (as the majority calculated it on that basis 2020-2022/2023), and moreover, no IRCC official came out and mentioned this before, so I am not sure 100% that it is a valid explanation. I knew individuals, as i said, got experience in the same year I got for STEM, and they were invited in the 1st draw. the same goes for some of my friend in the transporation category :)

They mentioned in the past 3 years, when I asked couple of law offices, they mentioned from 2020 as the IRCC doesn't want to discount the applicants' experience that they might have gained during COVID, given the fact that many lost their permanent jobs already during covid and won't be able to meet the 1Y for CEC, but might be working for short term here and there (also, that's why they are not requiring it to be only within Canada). Hence why the IRCC came up with this STEM draw & other categories to consider those individuals and to fill in workforce shortage. The same applies to the other professions/categories. as you can see, it is a win-win situation for IRCC and applicants.

Iambatman16

Dec 11, 2023
I can understand the frustration and concern. I am stressed and worried as well. We cannot come to any conclusion until we get a reply from IRCC. All our assumptions will make our mental health further worse.

There could be more as many don't know about the forums. Honestly I don't know what I am gonna do if this doesn't workout. If anyone have a better solution, please bring it forward.