+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did it really worth it?

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
First of all, complaining IS expressing an opinion. I hate to say it, but people from developing countries who refuse to accept the right of people to criticize their homes often fall back on this excuse. It is stupid. She lived in India long enough to have an opinion about life there.

Second, India is deeply corrupt with a largely ineffectual regulatory apparatus. That's why when you read about 20 children in a nursery school being killed by pesticides, it is much more likely to be in India than in Canada. Medical care, public health, sanitation, are compromised by ineffective systems. These affect the quality of life.

Thirdly, you are stupid for analyzing her relationship with her husband, and their settlement decisions. This is the only thing that can be said about that.

Your stats are rubbish.

What you say about family says more about you than the person you are responding to, and if you are a true product of your society, it says something about that society too.

I really like that you are giving people permission to express 'valid' opinions! Thanks, buddy! Honestly, it's because of people like you that there are so many dysfunctional countries in the world.

I have a simple question for you: what do you think the ratio of Indian applicants for Canadian citizenship to Canadian applicants for Indian citizenship is, in any given year?

gongdi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Hopefulagain said:
To your query why her husband is leaving the country and coming with her - your guess is as good as mine. Dont speculate that he is leaving because he too thinks that the country is rubbish. People immigrate to Canada from Germany, France, USA and other so-called 1st world countries, not because the countries are rubbish but for their own reason - economic, professional, personal.
Don't kid yourself. There are those who come from nations at perpetually in civil war, are ridden with diseases and corrupt to the core who choose to come to Canada for the simple fact that our system, with all it's faults, is still light years better than their country of origin. In addition, even if you just came for your own gain (economic, professional, better education for your children) your aim is still to take advantage of a superior system.

There is no need to be ashamed of this and 'save face' for your home country. You chose to leave for a reason, and if you were living in a superior country, then you would have never had the inclination to move.

Hopefulagain

Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
on-hold said:
First of all, complaining IS expressing an opinion. I hate to say it, but people from developing countries who refuse to accept the right of people to criticize their homes often fall back on this excuseI am not giving any excuse. all, i said was that no one lives in a perfect country so no one has the right to point fingers at any country. Why did you leave your country? were you persecuted?. It is stupid. She lived in India long enough to have an opinion about life there.

Second, India is deeply corrupt with a largely ineffectual regulatory apparatus. Right, and I dont disagree that there is corruption in the Indian system. But at the same time I would like to point out the squeaky clean Duffy, Pamela Wallen, Rob Ford, Mayor of Quebec, Conrad Black etc etc. Well, of course, these people are not corrupt, they are just victims.That's why when you read about 20 children in a nursery school being killed by pesticides Sure and thats why you read about the rape cases in RCMP or the experiments done on first nation infants in 1940s or maybe read this article....http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/canada-has-2nd-highest-rate-of-1st-day-infant-deaths-in-industrialized-world-report-1.1270425.....IGNORANCE is definitely bliss, it is much more likely to be in India than in Canada. Medical care, public health, sanitation, are compromised by ineffective systems. These affect the quality of life.

Thirdly, you are stupid for analyzing her relationship with her husband, and their settlement decisions. This is the only thing that can be said about that.

Your stats are rubbish.because you dont want to believe them, they are rubbish? These stats destroy your view of the world and that somehow you are unable to digest.

What you say about family says more about you than the person you are responding to, and if you are a true product of your society, it says something about that society too.I belong to Canadian society. And if you think what i have said about family is false then you are kidding yourself. 1/3rd of all marriages result in divorces - thats a fact, but of course people like u dont want to believe in facts.

I really like that you are giving people permission to express 'valid' opinions! Thanks, buddy! Honestly, it's because of people like you that there are so many dysfunctional countries in the world.countries are never dysfunctional. People are. but, of course for people like you who sounds like someone who has never been exposed to other cultures would not know that. you would always "blame" counties and cultures- because for some reason you think your culture is superior to others.

I have a simple question for you: what do you think the ratio of Indian applicants for Canadian citizenship to Canadian applicants for Indian citizenship is, in any given year? in 2010, 10% of people admitted were from India whereas 3.5% were admitted from US and 3.5% from UK. If we consider your "infallible logic", please explain why such high number of people were admitted from these 1st world countries? US and UK are 1st world countries, right? Stupidity and ignorance of people has never ceased to amaze me. And, with people like you, it is evident that that is in plenty.

Hopefulagain

Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gongdi said:
Don't kid yourself. There are those who come from nations at perpetually in civil war, are ridden with diseases and corrupt to the core who choose to come to Canada for the simple fact that our system, with all it's faults, is still light years better than their country of origin. In addition, even if you just came for your own gain (economic, professional, better education for your children) your aim is still to take advantage of a superior system. Again, you dont know the facts or choose not to read (reading can be challenging for people like you)but, in 2010, 10% of people admitted were from India whereas 3.5% were admitted from US and 3.5% from UK. If we consider your "infallible logic", please explain why such high number of people were admitted from these 1st world countries? US and UK are 1st world countries, right?Do they not have a "superior" system?

There is no need to be ashamed of this and 'save face' for your home country. You chose to leave for a reason, and if you were living in a superior country, then you would have never had the inclination to move. Read my point above. For god's sake why dont you people try some fact finding before commenting. UK and US would be considered "superior" country, right? In fact, this sentence shows your level of intelligence - when you consider a country "superior". My "home country" is Canada. I am not face saving for Canada or any other country. I just am surprised by the level of ignorance that exists. But, then again, looking at the state this world is in, it is no surprise.

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
gongdi said:
In addition, even if you just came for your own gain (economic, professional, better education for your children) your aim is still to take advantage of a superior system.
This is a really strange thing to say, that the characteristics of the country are all that matters, to the exclusion of personal circumstances.

There are British people in Canada and Canadians in Britain for professional reasons - so according to this logic, each system is superior to the other. Not only that, but you'll also find Canadians in less well-off countries.

It may be that it's easier to find a job in your particular field, or even that standards are lower in the country you move to, which makes it easier for you. It may also be that you've moved to be with your spouse not because their country is superior, but because they're well-established there or they have parents to take care of, etc.

The list of personal reasons to immigrate is almost endless.

gongdi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
frege said:
This we can all agree on. Getting back to OP, the long immigration process and the hardships that it causes so many of our families even causes ardent Candians like myself wonder about our immigration system. I can definitely understand OPs point. When your relationship is being scrutinized by a stranger based on photos, or in my case, a spouse being treated like a suspected spy (my 35 year old Chinese homemaker and caregiver) and run through extra months of screening while Canada has made a home for suspected terrorists and white collar criminals from foreign countries; it does sometimes cause one to wonder "is this worth it?"

skas13

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
1-03-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made August 19th, passport received August 22nd
LANDED..........
September 14
Ok I don't even want to give you the time of day because I think you are just a sh*t disturber.
You said you have been to India? How long were you there? Did you live there? My father-in-law had a heart attack and my husband had to drive him to the hospital on the back of his motorcycle, he almost didn't survive. Sure there is an ambulance system, but it's NOT effective and it also has to get through the myriad of traffic to actually get to you and back to the hospital! It's easy enough to say there is a system in place, but until you live there, you see it's NOT effective!

Second, I never said sexual assault doesn't happen here I wasn't talking about rape I was talking about what is known as "eve teasing" in India. Sure sexual assault happens here, but I certainly don't get felt up on the buses or while I am walking down the street, or shopping in a crowded market. I think you will find some smart a$$ answer for anything I have to say so what is the point.

I hate that you have twisted everything I said and that you have made me defend myself in this manner, especially to someone who knows NOTHING about me. There are a hundred things I love about India, but none of them are things that make me want to live there permanently. So what? it's my right. Why do you even care?

And my husband married me knowing I wanted to settle in Canada, again, so what? I also married him knowing we'll have to financially support his parents in the future. We made sacrifices for each other because we love each other. We chose to live in India together until we were BOTH ready to move to Canada. I gave birth to my son there!! And I had a fantastic experience too. So I did not have a gun to his head, no ultimatum. He has always wanted to live in a western country (I wonder why?? He felt this way before he met me) but you have it in your head that I must have forced him over here. And I guess someone must have forced the other hundred thousand Indians to come here too.

And I have no idea why you are bringing the divorce rate into this? That has nothing to do with anything I discussed. Such a convoluted argument are making.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
frege said:
This is a really strange thing to say, that the characteristics of the country are all that matters, to the exclusion of personal circumstances.

There are British people in Canada and Canadians in Britain for professional reasons - so according to this logic, each system is superior to the other. Not only that, but you'll also find Canadians in less well-off countries.

It may be that it's easier to find a job in your particular field, or even that standards are lower in the country you move to, which makes it easier for you. It may also be that you've moved to be with your spouse not because their country is superior, but because they're well-established there or they have parents to take care of, etc.

Its not endless. There may only be a handful. All will be for self-interest.

NewDad

Jan 1, 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Its not endless. There may only be a handful. All will be for self-interest.
Wow, there's an insight into your character. Or perhaps I misread you?

My interest in bringing my wife and child to Canada has nothing to do with self interest. I am happy anywhere I hang my hat but I will bring them because I believe Canada offers a better future for my children and grandchildren than where they are now. My wife's interest in coming to Canada is purely to be with her husband. She has no experience in what to expect there and would be happy wherever her husband is. My son cannot talk yet so I have not heard his reasons, but I suspect he wants to be with his Mommy.

chickenkiev

Dec 3, 2012
Visa Office......
Kiev
App. Filed.......
Yes
AOR Received.
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Interview........
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
YES
Yeppp, sounds like a modern first world country we all want to immigrate to. ;D ;D ;D

Dowry deaths: One woman dies every hour
NEW DELHI: One woman dies every hour due to dowry related reasons on an average in the country, which has seen a steady rise in such cases between 2007 and 2011, according to official data.

National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) figures state that 8,233 dowry deaths were reported in 2012 from various states. The statistics work out to one death per hour.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-09-01/india/41662390_1_delhi-police-conviction-ncrb

Net migration rank by country from CIA Factbooks: (More people leave India then go there)
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2112rank.html

22 Canada 5.65 2013 est
112 India -0.05 2013 est.

gongdi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
chickenkiev said:
Yeppp, sounds like a modern first world country we all want to immigrate to. ;D ;D ;D

Dowry deaths: One woman dies every hour
NEW DELHI: One woman dies every hour due to dowry related reasons on an average in the country, which has seen a steady rise in such cases between 2007 and 2011, according to official data.
Why do so many refuse to admit they are immigrating to Canada because it's a better destination than their home country? Whether you are moving to Canada for your children's future (better education system), employment (better working conditions), environment (better air and food quality) or taxpayer funded professional health care and modern medical equipment, the fact of the matter is your country of origin in general is not up to par compared with Canada's living standard and that is (most likely) why you are leaving it. No, I am not saying Canada is devoid of problems. In fact, my country is much worse off than it was 30 years ago as this current govt continues to sell the golden goose.

Sure, there are those coming here from countries with high living standards to be with their loved ones but for MOST, it is a matter of Canada being a better place to live. For example, where I am living in China is alright and I'd be happy to stay here for a while if it weren't for the fact I am a father. Conditions in Canada are generally much better for children and that is why my family is leaving. In other words, Canada IS the better destination for this. My wife is a very proud Chinese and even she will admit that.

I know I will get flack for this but a quick look at a list of countries which have the highest numbers of immigration applicants should speak volumes. The fact that there are those (on skilled worker threads) who have been rejected many times to immigrate but who continue to appeal just for the "priviledge" of serving coffees at Tim Hortons for 15% less than Canadian minimum wage, should speak volumes as to how conditions must be in their home country.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
NewDad said:
Wow, there's an insight into your character. Or perhaps I misread you?

My interest in bringing my wife and child to Canada has nothing to do with self interest. I am happy anywhere I hang my hat but I will bring them because I believe Canada offers a better future for my children and grandchildren than where they are now. My wife's interest in coming to Canada is purely to be with her husband. She has no experience in what to expect there and would be happy wherever her husband is. My son cannot talk yet so I have not heard his reasons, but I suspect he wants to be with his Mommy.
Maybe you need to look up what self-interest means? You just stated that you want to live in Canada because it offers a better future for you. That is self-interest.

How many people who immigrate to any first world country say to themselves, " Gee I would really like to move there because they could really use my help?" People immigrate to the first world to improve their own situations.

DaveSav

Sep 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
8/8/2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
07-12-2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
8/8/2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
28-11-2013
There's corruption everywhere, it's the level of corruption that makes the difference. If you think you can compare the corruption in India to Canada you are delusional.

As far as the 1940's thing, bad things happen but it's what the country and people do to prevent it in the future that shows the character of the country. You aren't going to see that happen again, we have evolved as a nation,something some other countries sadly have a problem doing.

DaveSav

Sep 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
8/8/2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
07-12-2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
8/8/2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
28-11-2013
On a side note in regards to Canadian racism a recent study shows Canada as being one of the least racist countries in the world.

As with corruption, racism is everywhere but bare in mind it's a lot less than almost anywhere else in the world.

Silly facts....

Hopefulagain

Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skas13 said:
Ok I don't even want to give you the time of day because I think you are just a sh*t disturber.
You said you have been to India? How long were you there? Did you live there? My father-in-law had a heart attack and my husband had to drive him to the hospital on the back of his motorcycle, he almost didn't survive. Sure there is an ambulance system, but it's NOT effective and it also has to get through the myriad of traffic to actually get to you and back to the hospital! It's easy enough to say there is a system in place, but until you live there, you see it's NOT effective!I have lived in a country where my mother died (when i was much younger) due to an ineffective doctor. So, I know a thing or 2 about "hard" life. But I dont think 1 country is superior to another because of this or any other reason.

Second, I never said sexual assault sexually harassed was the word u used. Check out your post on the previous page. In no dictionary does sexually harassed mean eve teasing. This is exactly what pisses me off. people like you use whatever word comes to your mind - for effect, without knowing what it implies. Now, look at you backing off.doesn't happen here I wasn't talking about rape I was talking about what is known as "eve teasing" in India. Sure sexual assault happens here, but I certainly don't get felt up on the buses or while I am walking down the street, or shopping in a crowded market. I think you will find some smart a$$ answer for anything I have to say so what is the point.

I hate that you have twisted everything I said and that you have made me defend myself in this manner, especially to someone who knows NOTHING about me.I have showed you the mirror. You dont like what you see because you are a bitter person. There are a hundred things I love about India, but none of them are things that make me want to live there permanently. So what? it's my right. That its your right is something we both finally agree on :DWhy do you even care? Your initial post does not talk at all about how that country is a mixture of good things and bad things - like any other country - it only spoke about how you felt EVERYTHING was wrong with the country.

And my husband married me knowing I wanted to settle in Canada, again, so what? I also married him knowing we'll have to financially support his parents in the future. We made sacrifices for each other because we love each other. We chose to live in India together until we were BOTH ready to move to Canada. I gave birth to my son there!! And I had a fantastic experience too. So I did not have a gun to his head, no ultimatum. He has always wanted to live in a western country (I wonder why?? He felt this way before he met me) but you have it in your head that I must have forced him over here. And I guess someone must have forced the other hundred thousand Indians to come here too.

And I have no idea why you are bringing the divorce rate into this? That has nothing to do with anything I discussed. Such a convoluted argument are making.