+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

details of non accompanying spouse in my PR application,

Pritch52

Oct 5, 2014
Hey guys, you might have already answered these questions before, but I'm kinda confused. I am a U.S citizen living in the U.S with my wife (a Canadian citizen). My wife is sponsoring me. We have a child who was born in the U.S. She should have dual and we applied for the certificate of citizenship, but we are still waiting.

Today I received an email for passport request and to fill out Annex A. So here are my questions:

Based on the letter, they just need copies of my passport and not the physical, right?

It states 2 copies of yourself and each accompanying family member. I included 2 pictures with my application? Should I get 2 more to be safe?

Is my wife and daughter an accompanying family member if they are Canadian?

Last question... my family has visited Canada numerous times to see my wife's family. At the border, we showed the officer my daughter's birth certificate, as she doesn't have a passport. What happens if we don't receive the certificate of citizenship by the time we move? We plan on moving at the end of May or early June.

I'd appreciate anyone that could take the time to answer these questions!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey guys, you might have already answered these questions before, but I'm kinda confused. I am a U.S citizen living in the U.S with my wife (a Canadian citizen). My wife is sponsoring me. We have a child who was born in the U.S. She should have dual and we applied for the certificate of citizenship, but we are still waiting.

Today I received an email for passport request and to fill out Annex A. So here are my questions:

Based on the letter, they just need copies of my passport and not the physical, right?

It states 2 copies of yourself and each accompanying family member. I included 2 pictures with my application? Should I get 2 more to be safe?

Is my wife and daughter an accompanying family member if they are Canadian?

Last question... my family has visited Canada numerous times to see my wife's family. At the border, we showed the officer my daughter's birth certificate, as she doesn't have a passport. What happens if we don't receive the certificate of citizenship by the time we move? We plan on moving at the end of May or early June.

I'd appreciate anyone that could take the time to answer these questions!
Hi

You only send a copy of your passport.

If they have requested new photos, then send them.

No, they are not accompanying family members.

Not sure what you are asking in regards to the certificate. If you don't receive it before moving, then you come to Canada without it and wait for it.

Reactions: Pritch52

Pritch52

Oct 5, 2014
Hi

You only send a copy of your passport.

If they have requested new photos, then send them.

No, they are not accompanying family members.

Not sure what you are asking in regards to the certificate. If you don't receive it before moving, then you come to Canada without it and wait for it.
Thanks for answering all my questions! Sorry if I didn't make sense, but I think you covered everything.

Manojgdv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Hi All,

I got my ITA and I am in final stages of receiving PR,but now I am having doubt whether I mentioned my spouse and kid as accompanying or non accompanying as I really don't remember at all.

FYI-My wife didn't take IELTS and WES

But I did send her experience letters,PCC,medicals,educational certificates and even during PR process they asked to provide IMM5406e forms desperately for both of us and pay Right of permanent Residence fee for my wife and me which I paid eventually.

Is there a way to check/findout what I mentioned during PR process/EE for my spouse and kid as accompanying/non-accompanying?

ankrbde

Jun 7, 2018
I have given my IELTS exam and I am about to create my EE profile. I am married but separated but its not yet legal.

As per my understanding, I can apply as married man but single applicant and my wife not accompanying me.
Apart from marriage certificate, would I need any docs as I am not sure I will get medical cert or Police verification from her.
I have also heard that, even if I get any ITA, I will have to show my spouse's medical certification and police verification. Is this true ?

Please suggest.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have given my IELTS exam and I am about to create my EE profile. I am married but separated but its not yet legal.

As per my understanding, I can apply as married man but single applicant and my wife not accompanying me.
Apart from marriage certificate, would I need any docs as I am not sure I will get medical cert or Police verification from her.
I have also heard that, even if I get any ITA, I will have to show my spouse's medical certification and police verification. Is this true ?

Please suggest.
Yes - your spouse will have to complete the medical and provide PCCs - unless you can show you are legally separated or have started divorce procedings.

ankrbde

Jun 7, 2018
Yes - your spouse will have to complete the medical and provide PCCs - unless you can show you are legally separated or have started divorce procedings.

Thanks scylla for your reply, but is there any work around as I doubt I will get any help from her with medical or PCCs.

Qazi am

Mar 3, 2018
Hi all,

In my express entry profile when I mentioned my wife as "accompanying" with me, my CRS was 401. However, after finding out CRS increases if spouse is mentioned as "not accompanying", I made this change and my CRS increased to 427 purely on the basis of receiving ITA in tomorrow's March 15th draw. In order to not miss the chance of receving ITA I had to change the option although I would like to take my wife and child ASAP.

Could somebody explain the pros and cons of both the processes where spouse is either accompanied or not accompanied? Once I land in Canada can I start immediately dependent PR visa for my wife? How long that process would take?
please guide me on how to edit profile. I have created my profile with accompanying spouse and my scroe is 431 and my score without him is 436. I tried editing my profile. however not able to edit him as non accompanying. it is non editable. do I need to create a new profile altogether

Jul 17, 2018
Hi,

I am married. What are the possible reasons that my spouse cannot accompany me?
After I get my PR, after how much time can I sponser my husband?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I am married. What are the possible reasons that my spouse cannot accompany me?
After I get my PR, after how much time can I sponser my husband?
If you are already married before landing for PR you must include your spouse in your application or you can't sponsor him.

stanfordcali

May 8, 2018
Dear All,

My application states that I need to undergo medical. How many days shall i wait until the issuance of my visa after they received the med cert?

Thanks

ehsanp007

Jun 20, 2017
HI
I applied for Quebec skill worker as a single applicant, then I got married and added my wife to my application. Unfortunately, due to problems, I had to remove her from my application. I sent modification form and signed letter which I declared that I want to remove my spouse from my application . Québec issue CSQ only for my self as I expected and the question is
Since she does not cooperate with me, is it possible to explain this problem with a letter that my wife doesn't cooperate and I will never sponsor her in future and I continue the federal step without any my spouse's documents and also her medical and security check ?
Thanks a lot !!!!!!

Last edited:

amit202

Aug 27, 2017
Hi,

Firstly, thanks to those answering these forums, they have been a great deal of help.

I've gone through Express Entry, got the Invitation to Apply,
Used the invitation to apply for Permanent Residence, (when I submitted my application, I have marked my spouse as "Non-Accompanying".)
Now have received a message asking me to submit my Passport to the nearest VAC.

Should I include my wife's passport when sending mine to the nearest VAC?

I'm asking because the background check and medical both included spouse, and I just wanted to make sure that in this case, I should only be sending my own passports, and not including my Spouses.
hello....What reason did you give for non accompanying wife...i am also having the same case and looking for an acceptable reason....my genuine was to reduce the uncertainity since both of us will have to leave the job and another was to increase the CRS score.

Raido0812

Sep 25, 2017
hello....What reason did you give for non accompanying wife...i am also having the same case and looking for an acceptable reason....my genuine was to reduce the uncertainity since both of us will have to leave the job and another was to increase the CRS score.
I put my reason as employment contract related, and elaborated saying that she's got work commitments and that she can't join immediately

amit202

Aug 27, 2017
I put my reason as employment contract related, and elaborated saying that she's got work commitments and that she can't join immediately
thanks for the response....did getting the ITA was main reason for you....which extra documents did you submitted to support this point....