+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

designated countries

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
I'm answering the questions for online application. I came to this question:

"Have you visited or lived any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year?"

When I click on the list of countries, it shows ALL countries with YES or NO for immigration medical exam requirement. I lived in a country where immigration medical exam in NOT required. How should I answer the above question, yes or no?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ultra99 said:
I'm answering the questions for online application. I came to this question:

"Have you visited or lived any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year?"

When I click on the list of countries, it shows ALL countries with YES or NO for immigration medical exam requirement. I lived in a country where immigration medical exam in NOT required. How should I answer the above question, yes or no?
Obviously No.

Reactions: jbdot0941

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
thanks for the reply. but it's still confusing....i DID live in the designated country listed, but medical exam req is NO... lol

redherring

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-01-2017
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-01-2017
Interview........
23-01-2018
LANDED..........
23-01-2018
Hi everyone, I'm a bit confused about this as well. I am from a designated country but I've been travelling a lot last year when I total it, I only live in my country of citizenship for 5 months, 5 months here, and 2 months travelling. Should I say yes or no?

redherring

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-01-2017
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-01-2017
Interview........
23-01-2018
LANDED..........
23-01-2018
Hi Zim1988, there were breaks during my stay. 1 month stay, 1 week away, 1 month stay, 1 month away, 1.5 months stay, 2 weeks away. The pattern is a bit like this.

ronakumar97

May 9, 2020
I live in India which comes under the Designated Countries for Student SDS Visa. Should I mark Yes or No in the question which says "Have you visited or lived any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year?"

Angel_Canada

Dec 11, 2017
I live in India which comes under the Designated Countries for Student SDS Visa. Should I mark Yes or No in the question which says "Have you visited or lived any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year?"
Can anyone help please.. I have the same query.

P@1n

Mar 9, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-08-2017
India is among the list of designated country where medicals is mandatory. And please stop providing misinformation from unofficial websites. Official Canada immigration website clearly mentions India in the list.
Edit:The link you provided is not even talking about the designated countries related to this topic.

Official link:https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents/country-requirements.html

Last edited:

P@1n

Mar 9, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-08-2017
First thing: old thread
2nd: did you actually tried clicking the link posted there and see for yourself? It clearly says the list has been expired.
3rd: Still the topic inside the link refers to something related to refugee program which is totally irrelevant to the case here. Here the particular issue is regarding the designated list which are for medicals.( How
I know? Cos i did the same last month, the list involves India and once you answer, the follow up question will be about you having done medicals by panel physician in the last 12 months).
4) the link in that old thread as well as the one you shared specifically talks about DCO which has been removed in 2019.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2019/05/canada-ends-the-designated-country-of-origin-practice.html
This link is the updated link from the same thread you quoted. You can check it yourself.

Last edited:

John601

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
First thing: old thread
2nd: did you actually tried clicking the link posted there and see for yourself? It clearly says the list has been expired.
3rd: Still the topic inside the link refers to something related to refugee program which is totally irrelevant to the case here. Here the particular issue is regarding the designated list which are for medicals.( How
I know? Cos i did the same last month, the list involves India and once you answer, the follow up question will be about you havimt done medicals by panel physician in the last 12 months).
4) the link in that old thread as well as the one you shared specifically talks about DCO which has been removed in 2019.
Can someone knowledgeable please shed some light on this? I don't mean to insult you on a public forum. Jotting baseless points wouldn't justify your stand. However for your convenience, Let me answer you in a format you understand.
1) Even if you select "No" as an answer to the question asking for designated countries, you still get that follow-up question.
2) The list you are looking at isn't the right one.

Can someone else who has applied from India please highlight that the answer to the question should be "NO" if you have been living in India and have not really lived in the "designated countries" for over six months.

P@1n

Mar 9, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-08-2017
Can someone knowledgeable please shed some light on this? I don't mean to insult you on a public forum. Jotting baseless points wouldn't justify your stand. However for your convenience, Let me answer you in a format you understand.
1) Even if you select "No" as an answer to the question asking for designated countries, you still get that follow-up question.
2) The list you are looking at isn't the right one.

Can someone else who has applied from India please highlight that the answer to the question should be "NO" if you have been living in India and have not really lived in the "designated countries" for over six months.
Even if the follow up question comes up, the list i quoted is the same from the thread you shared.